Mount Bromo & Mount Ijen Tour (5D/4N)
Suitable for the ultimate backpacker who just wants to visit the volcanos.
This tour is an extension of the Mt Bromo Sunrise Tour to include Mount Ijen. A short description about the attraction of Ijen is below for your consideration:
Kawah means crater, and Ijen means solitaire, this crater is only 1 crater and not composed by other smaller crater. Ijen volcano complex is a group of stratovolcanoes, in East Java, Indonesia. It is inside a larger caldera Ijen, which is about 20 kilometers wide. The Gunung Merapi stratovolcano (not to be confused with Central Java’s Gunung Merapi) is the highest point of that complex.
In active vent at the edge of the lake is a source of elemental sulfur, and supports a mining operation. Escaping volcanic gasses are channeled through a network of ceramic pipes, resulting in condensation of molten sulfur. The sulfur, which is deep red in color when molten, pours slowly from the ends of these pipes and pools on the ground, turning bright yellow as it cools. The cooled material is broken into large pieces and carried out in baskets by the miners. Typical loads range from 70–100 kilograms, and must be carried to the crater rim approximately 200 meters above before being carried several kilometers down the mountain. Most miners make this journey twice a day. The miners are paid by a nearby sugar refinery by the weight of sulfur transported; as of July 2005 the typical daily earnings were equivalent to approximately $5.00 US. The miners often use insufficient protection while working around the volcano and are susceptible to numerous respiratory complaints.
In Ijen Crater there is a natural phenomena that we call as Blue Fire in the Ijen Crater. There is blue flames coming out from the sulfur mining area which is caused by activities due to sulfur gases. The magnificent blue fire phenomena in Ijen Crater can be seen clearly as the blue flame in dark of the night starting from 01.00 and it will gradually disappear before sunrise time at 04.00. Use your time during your tour to visit Ijen Crater to improve you experience with enjoying one of two blue fire phenomena in the world, at Ijen Crater and the other is in Finland. Trip to the summit track ijen only about 3 Km, from Post 1 to Post 2 Pal accusations – Post Bunder, weighing sulfur, approximately 1.8km, with the terrain slope. Heading 2 to the top of Ijen about 1.2 km with a more sloping terrain.
Some information and pictures obtained from National Geographic – http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/01/140130-kawah-ijen-blue-flame-volcanoes-sulfur-indonesia-pictures/
After Ijen, we will go to Baluran National Park which we will see the deers and animals before checking into Hotel Santika in Banyuwangyi.
In the morning, we will go Surabaya city. We will estimate arrived in Surabaya city at 3pm and we will check you into Swiss Bel-Inn Tungjunan.
Hotel Pickup and Drop off in central Surabaya provided. Airport pickup and dropoff can be arranged.
DAY 1 SURABAYA-BROMO AREA
Pick you up at Junda Int Airport/Gubeng Train Station/hotel in Surabaya area in the day time. Then drive you to Mount Bromo. The trip is around 3 hours. Arrive at Bromo Area. You will check in to Bromo Permai or Adas Villa or Cafe Lava or Cemara Indah or similar hotel. It will be a standard room with breakfast , cool & hot shower.
DAY 2 BROMO AREA – KAWAH IJEN
We will take you to see the spectacular sunrise from Penanjakan ( best view to see Sunrise) by Jeep 4WD at 3:30am.
You will enjoy the beautiful Sunrise and the beautiful of Mount Bromo from the summit of Penanjakan 1. Then back to Jeep 4WD and continue to Hill of Love and you can take a photo stop there. Continue to Jeep Parking area through the sea of sand and head towards Bromo Crater.
At Bromo Crater, you can go by foot or rent horse/pony. The trip around 20 minutes. You will have to climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 mins to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
After you explore the beautiful of Bromo Crater, you can go to Padang Rumput (Savana) and Pasir Berbisik (Whispering Sand or Sea of Sand). After this is completed, we will head back to Bromo hotel.
Having breakfast at around 1030am and we will checkout by 11am. We will then drive 5-6 hours to reach Ijen area and we will have lunch at local restaurant along the route to Ijen. We usually reach Ijen area around 4pm.
Check in Arabica or Catimor or Ijen Resto Homestay. It will be a standard room with breakfast, cool & hot shower.
DAY 3 KAWAH IJEN (BLUE FIRE PROGRAM) – BELURAN NATIONAL PARK
We will start our day at 1:00am. We will check out homestay at approximately 1:30am and we go to Paltuding area, trip in 45 minutes from the homestay area. We will eat breakfast in the car with packet food.
At approximately 2am, we reach Paltuding, this is the permit post before hiking to Ijen peak. At the peak , we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. The Blue flames is dependent on the moon light and rain. Thus, if the weather is good, you will be able to see the Blue Flames. We cannot guarantee 100% that it will be available due weather but we can guarantee that we bring you to the view point.
At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. Here you can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and then we can walk back to the Ijen peak before going back to Paltuding.
We will go to Belaruan National Park after iJen and in the night we will check into Hotel Santika in Banyuwangyi for you to rest.
DAY 4 BANYUWANGYI – SURABAYA CITY
In the morning , you will have breakfast at Hotel Santika and then we will drive you back to Surabaya City and check you into Swiss-Belinn Tunjungan Hotel in Surabaya City.
Our tour is finished here.
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Once confirmed, we will send you a confirmation email with the contact to tie up for your trip.
- All fees included in the package. There is no additional tax or hidden fees.
- Standard shared room in Bromo Permai or Adas Villa or Cafe Lava or Cemara Indah for Bromo. Standard shared room in Arabica or Catimor or Ijen Resto Homestay.
- 2 Breakfast
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from/to Surabaya
- Private tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with English/Bahasa Indonesia – speaking guide, French and Dutch speaking driver will be subject to availability upon booking
- Service charge, room tax, VAT, driver and guide expenses, and baggage handling.
- Hotel stay in Hotel Santika in Banyuwangyi and Swiss-Belinn Tunjungan Hotel in Surabaya City.
Not Inclusive Of
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Domestic flight & domestic airport tax
- Other tours and meals than mentioned in the program.
- Donkey/Horse fee to carry customer up to Mount Bromo. Estimated at SGD$50 for round trip.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Free Visa for a short visit up to 30 days (non-extendable) given to around many countries enter to and exit from multiple airports and certain seaports. Otherwise Visa on Arrival will be applied currently $35 USD net per entry per person (subject to change without prior notice).
Please note that visa regulations in Indonesia are subject to change of which we cannot be held responsible.
- Entrance Fee to Bromo Crater & Ijen Crater:
- Bromo = Rp 250,000/person (weekday) & Rp 370,000/person (weekend)
- Ijen = Rp 150,000/person (weekday) & Rp 200,000 /person (weekend)
- Entrance Fee to Beluran National Park.
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
- Minimum age of travel is 13 years old.
- Light fitness requirement to climb up the steps of Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen.
What To Bring
- Warm Jacket, head cover, good mask, good grip shoes. Temperatures ranges from 8 – 22 degress celcius from 2am – 10am in the mountains.
- Sock and Glove (Can be purchased at the mountains for $5-$10 but these are bought along the roadside from the villagers. Thus, it is not 100% that they will be selling everyday)
- Sunblock (if needed) , torch light and raincoat. (just in case)
2 pax = 1 standard room
3 pax = 1 standard room + 1 extra bed
4 pax = 2 standard rooms
5 pax = 2 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
6 pax = 3 standard rooms
7 pax = 3 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
8 pax = 4 standard rooms
9 pax = 4 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
10 pax = 5 standard rooms
If you cancel within 36 hours from the time that you book, we will issue you a 90% refund. The 10% is due to online transaction charges.
SGD 560 /PAX
4 pax, $520 each
6 pax, $480 each
10+ pax, $420 each
Corporate tours? Drop us a note at email@example.com