Mount Bromo & Ijen Public Tour – Good Friday (3D/2N)
This is our Good Friday public tour package for exploring both Mount Bromo and Kawah Ijen.
Mount Bromo and Kawah Ijen are the two most popular natural attractions in East Java Indonesia. You will get to experience a magnificent sunrise at Mount Bromo as well as capture the famous blue flames at Kawah Ijen.
The package includes hotel stay with breakfast, land transportation with tour guide/driver for 3D2N. Airport pick-up and drop-off in Surabaya is provided.
Travelling date for this package is:
- 7th-9th April 2023
Recommend flight for this package is:
- 7th April (Friday): TR262 | 08:10 – 09:35
- 9th April (Sunday): TR267 | 08:50pm – 12:10am
- Pick up from Surabaya Juanda International Airport at 9:30am.
- Head to Madakaripura Waterfall to enjoy the magnificent natural sight.
- Check into Bromo Terrace Hotel (if this hotel is not available, we will use another same standard 4-star hotel). You will stay here for 1 night.
- Pick up from hotel at around 3am
- Arrive at Cemara Lawang and transfer to 4WD jeep at approximately 3:30am. For 1-2 pax, it will be a shared Jeep. For 3 pax above, it will be the private Jeep. Each Jeep can take maximum 6 travellers. A local Bromo guide/driver is included.
- See the spectacular sunrise from vantage point, Penanjakan.
- Continue by 4WD jeep to Hill of Love for a photo opportunity.
- Proceed to Bromo Crater through the Sea of Sand. You can walk through or go on via horse riding (optional, horse riding fee is not included, you can decide and pay cash on the spot). This part is around 20 minutes.
- Climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 minutes to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- After which, at around 8am, you will return to Cemara Lawang and transfer back to private car.
- Return to hotel for breakfast and checkout by 12 noon.
- Travel to Bondowoso (Ijen area). Arrive around 3-4pm.
- Check into Grand Padis Hotel (if this hotel is not available, we will use another same standard 4-star hotel). You will stay here for 1 night.
- Pick up at 12 midnight and travel to Paltuding area. Local Ijen tour guide is included in this package.
- Reach Paltuding permit post at approximately 2 am, before hiking to Kawah Ijen.
- At the peak, we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. As the Blue Flames are dependent on the moon light and rain, sightings are dependent on suitable weather. As with other natural phenomena, sightings cannot be guaranteed but we will bring you to the choice view point.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to Kawah Ijen before returning to Paltuding.
- Back to hotel for breakfast and check out by 10am.
- Drop off at Surabaya Juanda Airport by 6:50pm.
Your passport with min. 6 months validity; Vaccination proofs (fully vaccinated with at least 2 does); return tickets; travel insurance and other travel essentials.
Yes. If you are travelling to Indonesia, you must purchase travel insurance with a minimum coverage of SGD 20,000 for COVID-19 related expenses. You can purchase with us in add-ons.
This is the most popular itinerary among the customers. However, if you want to add, change or skip some attractions, we can customise itinerary for you. All the attractions and activities are optional, you can always skip if you don’t want to go. You can leave a note when you check out or tell our guide in the tour.
The entrance fees have various pricing i.e. foreigner, local rate, peak prices etc. It would be better that the customer pay on the spot depending on his/her nationality. Also, it will solve the refund issue if you choose not to go to the attraction when you are on the tour.
In general, the period between March till November are the best months to visit Indonesia. This is the period of the dry season.With that being said, we recommend customers not to be too bothered by it because you are only here for a few days , it is no guarantee that even if you come in the dry season, it won’t rain or it will always be rainy during the monsoon season. We believe a lot is down to luck. December/August are still the peak period of tourist in Indonesia.
Return airport transfer service is included. We would pick you up at Surabaya airport on your arrival time on day 1. If you are already in Surabaya, we would pick you up at your hotel at around 9am instead. On the last day, we would offer free airport transfer from your hotel.
The nearest international airport to Mount Bromo is Surabaya Juanda International Airport.
This is public package. The price is fixed as $399/pax. You will share the hotel room and transportation with others (2 pax in 1 room and same gender).
You can book directly online and pay using PayPal, Credit Card or Bank Transfer (including PayNow, PayLah etc).
Have any questions?
Chat with us or call us at +65 8809 9312
A trusted travel agency with over 10 years of experience, Tour In Indonesia seeks to create an extraordinary experience for our guests, with each journey unique on its own.