Mount Bromo & Ijen Public Tour – June (3D/2N)
This is our June public tour package for exploring both Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen.
Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen are the two most popular natural attractions in East Java Indonesia. You will get to experience a magnificent sunrise at Mount Bromo as well as capture the famous blue flames at Mount Ijen.
The package includes shared hotel stay with breakfast, land transportation with tour guide/driver for 3D2N. Airport pick-up and drop-off in Surabaya is provided.
Travelling date for this package is:
- 2nd – 4th June 2023
Accommodation for this package will be:
- Bromo Terrace Hotel
- Grand Padis Hotel
- *If the hotels mentioned above is not available, we will use another same standard hotel
Recommend flight for this package is:
- 2nd June (Friday): TR262 | 08:20am – 09:35am
- 4th June (Sunday): TR267 | 08:50pm – 11:55pm
- Pick up from Surabaya Juanda International Airport at 9:35am.
- Head to Madakaripura Waterfall to enjoy the magnificent natural sight, around 3 hours journey.
- Check into Bromo Terrace Hotel (if this hotel is not available, we will use another same standard hotel). You will stay here for 1 night.
- Pick up from hotel at around 2:30am.
- Arrive at Cemara Lawang at approximately 3:30am. Each Jeep can take maximum 6 travellers. A local Bromo guide/driver is included.
- See the spectacular sunrise from vantage point, Penanjakan.
- Proceed to Bromo Crater through the Sea of Sand. You can walk through or go on via horse riding (optional, horse riding fee is not included, you can decide and pay cash on the spot). This part is around 30 – 40 minutes.
- Climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 minutes to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- After which, at around 8am, you will return to Cemara Lawang and transfer back to private car.
- Return to hotel for breakfast and checkout by 12 noon.
- Travel to Bondowonso (Ijen area), around 6 – 7 hours driving.
- Check into Grand Padis Hotel (if this hotel is not available, we will use another same standard hotel). You will stay here for 1 night.
- Pick up at 12 midnight and travel to Paltuding area. Local Ijen tour guide is included in this package. (*We will pick you up at 2am if the Blue Fire is closed*)
- Reach Paltuding permit post at approximately 2 am, before hiking to Mount Ijen.
- At the peak, we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. *As the Blue Flames are dependent on the moon light and rain, sightings are dependent on suitable weather. As with other natural phenomena, sightings cannot be guaranteed but we will bring you to the choice view point*.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to Mount Ijen before returning to Paltuding.
- Back to hotel for breakfast and check out by 11am.
- Travel back to Surabaya, around 7 hours driving
- Drop off at Surabaya Juanda International Airport by 6:30pm.
Your passport with min. 6 months validity; Vaccination proofs (fully vaccinated with at least 2 does); return tickets; travel insurance and other travel essentials.
For travel between cities and towns, the following vehicles with ample space for luggages are used:
1-4 Pax Group – Toyota Avanza 5 Seater
5 Pax Group – Toyota Innova 7 Seater
7-10 Pax Group – Toyota Hiace 11 Seater
For travel to Gunung Penanjakan, Sand Sea and Whispering Savannah, you will switch to a 4WD Jeep
The entrance fees have various pricing i.e. foreigner, local rate, peak prices etc. It would be better that the customer pay on the spot depending on his/her nationality. Also, it will solve the refund issue if you choose not to go to the attraction when you are on the tour.
Return airport transfer service is included. We would pick you up at Surabaya airport on your arrival time on day 1. If you are already in Surabaya, we would pick you up at your hotel at around 9am instead.
The nearest international airport to Mount Bromo is Surabaya Juanda International Airport.
You can also start the tour from Bali or Yogyakarta.
Generally, our tours are all inclusive except for Entrance fees and lunch and dinner during the tour.
For lunch and dinner expenses, you can budget it at around 50,000 rupiah per meal or about 5SGD per meal or 4USD per meal. It depends on what you order and where you dine.
As for the entrance fees, we usually state in the tour details or you can pay through us first as a selected option.
It cost around 200K IDR for return trip to cross the sand sea on a horse. Note that the horse ride ends close to the start of the stairs to Mt Bromo crater. You will still have to climb the flight of steps up to the crater. Horse ride is entirely optional and you can also walk across the sand sea which most visitors do. Do negotiate with the horsemen to try to get a better deal.
No. Mount Bromo area is very dark and cold in the night. For the safety concern, we don’t allow the customers to hike solely on foot rather than taking the Jeep.
Sunglasses and sunblock lotion are highly recommended – the sun rays can be harsh and at high altitude, it is easy to get sunburnt even though the surrounding temperature is cold. The terrain is very sandy– wearing a face mask is also recommended for protection. (Akin to walking in a desert). If you are visiting the waterfalls, please bring along wet gears (swim suits with t-shirt and shorts, booties/sandals, spectacle hooks, waterproof cover for camera which can be secured to your body, change of clothes, towel).
Our vehicle will drop you at the parking lot of Madakaripura Waterfalls where you will hop to a motorbike (Ojek) for a short 5 minutes ride to the entrance. Then you need to do a short trek of around 20 – 30 minutes to reach the waterfall.
Swimming is no longer allowed at the waterfalls since 2018. But you will still get wet from the water. Our guides will provide ponchos for everybody. For footwear, we recommend covered rubber shoes like Crocs. Sandals/slippers with good grips are also fine but please be careful not to hit any rocks.
This is public package. The price is fixed as $359/pax. You will share the hotel room and transportation with others (Max. 2 pax in a room and same gender).
You can book directly online and pay using PayPal, Credit Card or Bank Transfer (including PayNow, PayLah etc).
Have any questions?
Chat with us or call us at +65 8809 9312
A trusted travel agency with over 10 years of experience, Tour In Indonesia seeks to create an extraordinary experience for our guests, with each journey unique on its own.