Mount Bromo & Ijen Tour – Start with Bromo (4D/3N)
This is our most recommended tour package for exploring both Mount Bromo and Kawah Ijen. Mount Bromo and Kawah Ijen are the two most popular natural attractions in East Java Indonesia. You will get to experience a magnificent sunrise at Mount Bromo as well as capture the famous blue flames at Kawah Ijen.
The package includes hotel stay with breakfast, land transportation with tour guide/driver for 4D3N. Airport/hotel/train station pick-up and drop-off in Surabaya is provided. Bali drop-off, entrance fee and travel insurance are available as add-ons.
The package is available everyday including public holidays.
Compared with 3D2N package, this one is less tiring as you have one extra day at Banyuwangi to get sufficient rest time. You need to get up very early for both mountains and trek for hours. So it is also for safety and enjoyment consideration of the customers. If you have tight schedule, you can take 3D2N package instead – Mount Bromo & Ijen Tour – Start with Bromo (3D/2N)
If you are organising for bigger groups over 15 pax, chat with us and we are able to assist you.
Recommend Flight Schedule
Fly in: We would recommend you arrive at Surabaya before 12 noon so that you can visit Madakaripura Waterfall on Day 1. But if you arrive in the afternoon, it’s still okay to go. We will move waterfall to Day 2 after Bromo sunrise. For customers who fly in from Singapore, the recommend flight number is Scoot TR264 and SIA SQ922.
Fly out: We would recommend you depart from Surabaya in the night or stay 1 night in Surabaya. Last day you will reach Surabaya at around 7-8pm. This depends on when you leave Banyuwangi after Ijen hiking. Banyuwangi to Surabaya is around 8 hours driving distance. For customers who fly back to Singapore, the recommend flight number is Scoot TR267 (8:50pm one) and SIA SQ929 (6:40pm one). If you return departure time is between 2-6pm, we would recommend you visit Ijen first – Mount Ijen & Bromo Tour – Start with Ijen (4D/3N)
- Pick up from Surabaya Juanda International Airport or Train station on your arrival time. If you already at Surabaya, we will pick up at your hotel in Surabaya at 9am.
- Travel to Mount Bromo area, around 3-4 hours driving distance.
- Head to Madakaripura Waterfall to enjoy the magnificent natural sight (if you arrive after 12 noon, we will move waterfall to day 2 after Bromo sunrise).
- Check into Bromo Terrace Hotel (if this hotel is not available, we will use another same standard 4-star hotel). You will stay here for 1 night.
- (You can add-on Milky Way with extra SGD50/pax. We will pick you up at around 10pm instead of 3am. You will go to Bromo Park to see the Milky way first, then continue to sunrise viewpoint.)
- Pick up from hotel at around 3am
- Arrive at Cemara Lawang and transfer to 4WD jeep at approximately 3:30am. For 1-2 pax, it will be a shared Jeep. For 3 pax above, it will be the private Jeep. Each Jeep can take maximum 6 travellers. A local Bromo guide/driver is included.
- See the spectacular sunrise from vantage point, Penanjakan.
- Continue by 4WD jeep to Hill of Love for a photo opportunity.
- Proceed to Bromo Crater through the Sea of Sand. You can walk through or go on via horse riding (optional, horse riding fee is not included, you can decide and pay cash on the spot). This part is around 20 minutes.
- Climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 minutes to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- After which, at around 8am, you will return to Cemara Lawang and transfer back to private car.
- Return to hotel for breakfast and checkout by 12 noon.
- Travel to Banyuwangi (Ijen area). Arrive around 7pm.
- Check into El Royale Banyuwangi (if this hotel is not available, we will use another same standard 4-star hotel). You will stay here for 2 nights.
- This day is kept free and easy for you to recharge before climbing Ijen in the night. You can relax at hotel and enjoy the swimming pool and other facilities. Below are some recommended activities:
- 1): City heritage bicycle tour combined with spa massage (optional, SGD 50/pax)
- 2): Snorkelling and diving at Bangsring / Going to Baluran National Park / Mountain biking at mountains of Ijen. These activities are located about 2 hours car ride away from the hotel and price is excluded from this package (optional, SGD 50/pax)
- Have dinner and rest for the night. Prepare to leave at midnight.
- Pick up at 12 midnight and travel to Paltuding area. Local Ijen tour guide is included in this package.
- Reach Paltuding permit post at approximately 2 am, before hiking to Kawah Ijen.
- At the peak, we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. As the Blue Flames are dependent on the moon light and rain, sightings are dependent on suitable weather. As with other natural phenomena, sightings cannot be guaranteed but we will bring you to the choice view point.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to Kawah Ijen before returning to Paltuding.
- Back to hotel for breakfast and check out by 11am.
- Road trip 7-8 hours back to Surabaya city. Usually you will reach Surabaya at around 7-8pm.
- We will drop you off at your requested hotel in Surabaya, or Surabaya Juanda Airport or Surabaya Train Station.
- You can also choose to drop off at your hotel in Bali instead of going back to Surabaya. After you check out, we will drive you to Ketapang Port to take 1-hour ferry to Gilimanuk Port in Bali. Then continue to drop you off at your hotel in Bali, this is a 4-5 hours journey. Usually you will reach Bali hotel at around 6-7pm. The add-on includes ferry ticket and the car with driver.
Our tour ends here.
* Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
Your passport with min. 6 months validity; Vaccination proofs (fully vaccinated with at least 2 does); return tickets; travel insurance and other travel essentials.
For travel between cities and towns, the following vehicles with ample space for luggages are used:
1-4 Pax Group – Toyota Avanza 5 Seater
5 Pax Group – Toyota Innova 7 Seater
7-10 Pax Group – Toyota Hiace 11 Seater
For travel to Gunung Penanjakan, Sand Sea and Whispering Savannah, you will switch to a 4WD Jeep
This is the most popular itinerary among the customers. However, if you want to add, change or skip some attractions, we can customise itinerary for you. All the attractions and activities are optional, you can always skip if you don’t want to go. You can leave a note when you check out or tell our guide in the tour.
The entrance fees have various pricing i.e. foreigner, local rate, peak prices etc. It would be better that the customer pay on the spot depending on his/her nationality. Also, it will solve the refund issue if you choose not to go to the attraction when you are on the tour.
Return airport transfer service is included. We would pick you up at Surabaya airport on your arrival time on day 1. If you are already in Surabaya, we would pick you up at your hotel at around 9am instead.
The nearest international airport to Mount Bromo is Surabaya Juanda International Airport.
You can also start the tour from Bali or Yogyakarta.
Generally, our tours are all inclusive except for Entrance fess and lunch and dinner during the tour.
For lunch and dinner expense, you can budget it at around 50,000 rupiah/meal or about 5SGD/meal or 4USD/meal. It greatly depends on what you order and where you dine.
As for the entrance fees, we usually state in the tour details or you can pay through us first as a selected option.
Yes. You can request for the optional Milky Way tour which starts around midnight from your lodge at Cemoro Lawang. You will head to a nearby peak such as Mount Pananjakan, Mentigen Hill, Kingkong Hill or Seruni Point where you can view the Milky Way. Avid photographers should bring suitable camera equipment such as tripod for Milky Way Photography. You would then continue with the standard itinerary for sunrise views over Mt Bromo. The extra cost is 200K IDR for each jeep (4 customers to a jeep).
It cost around 75K IDR for one way trip to cross the sand sea on a horse. For a return trip, it will cost around 150K IDR. Note that the horse ride ends close to the start of the stairs to Mt Bromo crater. You will still have to climb the flight of steps up to the crater. Horse ride is entirely optional and you can also walk across the sand sea which most visitors do. Do negotiate with the horsemen to try to get a better deal.
No. Mount Bromo area is very dark and cold in the night. For the safety concern, we don’t allow the customers to hike solely on foot rather than taking the Jeep.
Sunglasses and sunblock lotion are highly recommended – the sun rays can be harsh and at high altitude, it is easy to get sunburnt even though the surrounding temperature is cold. The terrain is very sandy– wearing a face mask is also recommended for protection. (Akin to walking in a desert). If you are visiting the waterfalls, please bring along wet gears (swim suits with t-shirt and shorts, booties/sandals, spectacle hooks, waterproof cover for camera which can be secured to your body, change of clothes, towel).
Our vehicle will drop you at the parking lot of Madakaripura Waterfalls where you will hop to a motorbike (Ojek) for a short 5 minutes ride to the entrance. Then you need to do a short trek of around 15 minutes (1km) to reach the waterfalls.
Swimming is no longer allowed at the waterfalls since 2018. But you will still get wet from the water. Our guides will provide ponchos for everybody. For footwear, we recommend covered rubber shoes like Crocs. Sandals/slippers with good grips are also fine but please be careful not to hit any rocks.
The prices are indicated above depending on the number of people.
Child price is for kids under 10 yrs old and stay in the same room with the adults.
If you are organising for bigger groups over 15 pax, chat with us and we are able to assist you.
You can book directly online and pay using PayPal, Credit Card or Bank Transfer (including PayNow, PayLah etc).
Have any questions?
Chat with us or call us at +65 8809 9312
A trusted travel agency with over 10 years of experience, Tour In Indonesia seeks to create an extraordinary experience for our guests, with each journey unique on its own.