Mount Bromo & Ijen Tour – Single Traveller (3D/2N)
This tour package is designed for single travellers to explore both Mount Bromo and Kawah Ijen. Mount Bromo and Kawah Ijen are the two most popular natural attractions in East Java Indonesia. You will get to experience a magnificent sunrise at Mount Bromo as well as capture the famous blue flames at Kawah Ijen.
The package includes hostel stay with breakfast, land transportation with tour guide/driver for 3D2N. Airport/hotel/train station pick-up and drop-off in Surabaya is provided. Bali drop-off, entrance fee and travel insurance are available as add-ons.
The package is available everyday including public holidays.
Compared with 4D3N package, the itinerary for this one is more compact. If you are very fit and don’t want to waste one day between two volcanoes, this package is very suitable for you.
- Pick up from Surabaya Juanda International Airport or Train station on your arrival time. OR pick up at your hotel in Surabaya at 9am.
- Travel to Mount Bromo area.
- Head to Madakaripura Waterfall to enjoy the magnificent natural sight (Optional, entrance and motorbike fee are not included).
- Check into Cafe Lava Hostel (if this hostel is not available, we will use another same standard hostel instead). You will stay here for 1 night.
- If you want to see Milky Way at Bromo area, we will pick you up from hostel at 10pm and proceed to milky way viewpoint. After that, we directly go to Bromo sunrise (Optional, you can choose as add-on).
- Arrive at Cemara Lawang and transfer to a shared 4WD jeep at approximately 2:30am -3am. This will be a shared jeep including a local Bromo guide/driver.
- See the spectacular sunrise from vantage point, Penanjakan, at 3:30am.
- Continue by 4WD jeep to Hill of Love for a photo opportunity.
- Proceed to Bromo Crater through the Sea of Sand. You can walk through or go on via horse/pony ride (optional, horse riding fee is not included). This part is around 20 minutes.
- Climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 minutes to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- Transfer to Jeep and return to Bromo hotel. Enjoy breakfast at 10:30 am and checkout by 11 am.
- Travel to Ijen area. Arrive around 6-7pm.
- Check into Ijen View. (if this hostel is not available, we will use another same standard hostel instead). You will stay here for 1 night.
- Checkout around 12:00 am and travel to Paltuding area with breakfast on-the-go. Local Ijen tour guide is included in this package.
- Reach Paltuding permit post at approximately 2 am, before hiking to Kawah Ijen.
- At the peak, we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. As the Blue Flames are dependent on the moon light and rain, sightings are dependent on suitable weather. As with other natural phenomena, sightings cannot be guaranteed but we will bring you to the choice view point.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to Kawah Ijen before returning to Paltuding .
- Road trip 4-5 hours back to Surabaya city. (Or you can choose to drop off in Bali)
- We will drop you off at your requested hotel in Surabaya, or Surabaya Airport or Surabaya Train Station.
Our tour ends here.
* Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
Your passport with min. 6 months validity; Vaccination proofs (fully vaccinated with at least 2 does); return tickets; travel insurance (recommend) and other travel essentials. For visa related questions, please check in our FAQ page.
No. However, it’s strongly recommended to purchase COVID-19 related travel insurance. tYou can purchase with us in add-ons.
This is the most popular itinerary among the customers. However, if you want to add, change or skip some attractions, we can customise itinerary for you. All the attractions and activities are optional, you can always skip if you don’t want to go. You can leave a note when you check out or tell our guide in the tour.
Yes, hotel transfer in the following areas in Bali is included: Sanur, Denpasar, Kuta, Jimbaran, Legian, Seminyak, Kerobokan, Nusa Dua, Uluwatu, Canggu, Tanjung Benoa, Ubud, North Ubud, Sebatu, Payangan, Tegalalang, Amed, Singaraja, Lovina, and Kintamani. Airport transfer is also doable.
You can book directly online and pay using PayPal, Credit Card or Bank Transfer (including PayNow, PayLah etc).
Have any questions?
Chat with us or call us at +65 8809 9312
A trusted travel agency with over 10 years of experience, Tour In Indonesia seeks to create an extraordinary experience for our guests, with each journey unique on its own.