Mount Bromo & Ijen Tour – Single Traveller (4D/3N)
This tour package is designed for single travellers to explore both Mount Bromo and Kawah Ijen. Mount Bromo and Kawah Ijen are the two most popular natural attractions in East Java Indonesia. You will get to experience a magnificent sunrise at Mount Bromo as well as capture the famous blue flames at Kawah Ijen.
The package includes hostel stay with breakfast, land transportation with tour guide/driver for 4D3N. Airport/hotel/train station pick-up and drop-off in Surabaya is provided. Bali drop-off, entrance fee and travel insurance are available as add-ons.
The package is available everyday including public holidays.
Accommodation for this package will be:
- Cafe Lava Hostel / Yogi Homestay
- Ijen View Hotel
Compared with 3D2N package, this one is less tiring as you have one extra day at Banyuwangi to get sufficient rest time. You need to get up very early for both mountains and trek for hours. So it is also for safety and enjoyment consideration of the customers.
- Pick up from Surabaya Juanda International Airport or Train station on your arrival time. Or pick up at your hotel in Surabaya at 9am.
- Travel to Mount Bromo area.
- Head to Madakaripura Waterfall to enjoy the magnificent natural sight (Optional, entrance and motorbike fee are not included).
- Check into Cafe Lava Hostel or Yogi Homestay or similar homestay accommodation. You will stay here for 1 night.
- Arrive at Cemara Lawang and transfer to a shared 4WD jeep at approximately 2:30am -3am. This will be a shared jeep including a local Bromo guide/driver.
- See the spectacular sunrise from vantage point, Penanjakan, at 3:30am.
- Continue by 4WD jeep to Hill of Love for a photo opportunity.
- Proceed to Bromo Crater through the Sea of Sand. You can walk through or go on via horse/pony ride (optional, horse riding fee is not included). This part is around 20 minutes.
- Climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 minutes to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- Transfer to Jeep and return to Bromo hotel. Enjoy breakfast at 10:30 am and checkout by 11 am.
- Travel to Ijen area. Arrive around 6-7pm.
- Check in to Ijen View Hotel or similar homestay. You will stay here for 2 nights.
- This day is kept free and easy for you to recharge before climbing Ijen in the night.
- Rise and shine. Enjoy nice break fast.
- We have a city heritage bicycle tour as an add on activity combined with Spa Massage. (optional, SGD50/pax)
- Some of the activities would be Snorkelling, diving, going to Baluran National Park, Mountain Biking in the mountains of Ijen etc. You can also just chill by the hotel pool. (The activities are located about 2 hours car ride away from the hotel and price is excluded from this package). This add on includes the driver and the car which you can use for this day.
- Have dinner and rest for the night. Prepare to leave at midnight.
- Checkout around 12:00 am and travel to Paltuding area with breakfast on-the-go. Local Ijen tour guide is included in this package.
- Reach Paltuding permit post at approximately 2 am, before hiking to Kawah Ijen.
- At the peak, we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. As the Blue Flames are dependent on the moon light and rain, sightings are dependent on suitable weather. As with other natural phenomena, sightings cannot be guaranteed but we will bring you to the choice view point.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to Kawah Ijen before returning to Paltuding .
- Road trip 4-5 hours back to Surabaya city. (Or you can choose to drop off in Bali)
- We will drop you off at your requested hotel, airport or train station in Surabaya at around 12pm – 1pm if you are not going to the waterfall. You will arrive in Surabaya around 3-4pm if you are going to the waterfall.
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
Your passport with min. 6 months validity; Vaccination proofs (fully vaccinated with at least 2 does); return tickets; travel insurance and other travel essentials.
Yes. If you are travelling to Indonesia, you must purchase travel insurance with a minimum coverage of SGD 20,000 for COVID-19 related expenses. You can purchase with us in add-ons.
This is the most popular itinerary among the customers. However, if you want to add, change or skip some attractions, we can customise itinerary for you. All the attractions and activities are optional, you can always skip if you don’t want to go. You can leave a note when you check out or tell our guide in the tour.
The entrance fees have various pricing i.e. foreigner, local rate, peak prices etc. It would be better that the customer pay on the spot depending on his/her nationality. Also, it will solve the refund issue if you choose not to go to the attraction when you are on the tour.
In general, the period between March till November are the best months to visit Indonesia. This is the period of the dry season.With that being said, we recommend customers not to be too bothered by it because you are only here for a few days , it is no guarantee that even if you come in the dry season, it won’t rain or it will always be rainy during the monsoon season. We believe a lot is down to luck. December/August are still the peak period of tourist in Indonesia.
Return airport transfer service is included. We would pick you up at Surabaya airport on your arrival time on day 1. If you are already in Surabaya, we would pick you up at your hotel at around 9am instead. On the last day, we would offer free airport transfer from your hotel.
The nearest international airport to Mount Bromo is Surabaya Juanda International Airport.
You can book directly online and pay using PayPal, Credit Card or Bank Transfer (including PayNow, PayLah etc).
Have any questions?
Chat with us or call us at +65 8809 9312
A trusted travel agency with over 10 years of experience, Tour In Indonesia seeks to create an extraordinary experience for our guests, with each journey unique on its own.