Mount Bromo & Ijen 3-Day Transport Service
This is the transportation service package for 3-day Mount Bromo & Kawah Ijen tour. It’s suitable for travellers who have booked accommodation already.
The package only includes private land transportation in Bromo and Ijen with guides. The Jeep at Bromo area is included. Flight, accommodation and meals are excluded.
The package is available everyday including public holidays.
If this is your first time in East Java Indonesia and looking for complete tour package to explore Mount Bromo and Ijen, we would recommend you this package instead – Mount Bromo & Ijen Tour (3D/2N)
- Pick up from Surabaya Juanda International Airport or Train station on your arrival time. Or pick up at your hotel in Surabaya at 9am.
- Travel to Mount Bromo area.
- Proceed to Madakaripura Waterfall.
- Drop off at your accommodation in Mount Bromo area.
- Pick up at your accommodation at Bromo around 2:30am.
- See the spectacular sunrise from vantage point, Penanjakan by 4WD jeep.
- Continue to Hill of Love for a photo stop. Drive through the Sea of Sand and head towards Mount Bromo Crater. Jeep is a public jeep. Jeep and local Bromo tour guide are excluded, but you can choose to add on.
- At the crater, you can go on foot or ride (rent) a horse/pony. The trip is around 20 minutes. Climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 mins to reach the rim of Mount Bromo Crater.
- Transfer to Jeep and return.
- Travel to Ijen area, reaching around 6pm – 7:30pm.
- Drop off at your accommodation in Ijen area.
- Pick up from your accommodation in Ijen at around 12am.
- Travel to Paltuding area and reach Paltuding permit post at approximately 2am, before hiking to Kawah Ijen. Local Ijen tour guide is excluded in this package, but you can choose to add on.
- At the peak, you will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. As the Blue Flames are dependent on the moon light and rain, sightings are dependent on suitable weather.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to Kawah Ijen before returning to Paltuding.
- Road trip 6-7 hours back to Surabaya city.
- Road trip 4-5 hours back to Surabaya city. (Or you can choose to drop off in Bali with extra charge)
- We will drop you off at your requested hotel in Surabaya, or Surabaya Airport or Surabaya Train Station.
Our tour ends here.
* Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
Your passport with min. 6 months validity; Vaccination proofs (fully vaccinated with at least 2 does); return tickets; travel insurance and other travel essentials.
Yes. If you are travelling to Indonesia, you must purchase travel insurance with a minimum coverage of SGD 20,000 for COVID-19 related expenses. You can purchase with us in add-ons.
This is the most popular itinerary among the customers. However, if you want to add, change or skip some attractions, we can customise itinerary for you. All the attractions and activities are optional, you can always skip if you don’t want to go. You can leave a note when you check out or tell our guide in the tour.
The entrance fees have various pricing i.e. foreigner, local rate, peak prices etc. It would be better that the customer pay on the spot depending on his/her nationality. Also, it will solve the refund issue if you choose not to go to the attraction when you are on the tour.
In general, the period between March till November are the best months to visit Indonesia. This is the period of the dry season.With that being said, we recommend customers not to be too bothered by it because you are only here for a few days , it is no guarantee that even if you come in the dry season, it won’t rain or it will always be rainy during the monsoon season. We believe a lot is down to luck. December/August are still the peak period of tourist in Indonesia.
Return airport transfer service is included. We would pick you up at Surabaya airport on your arrival time on day 1. If you are already in Surabaya, we would pick you up at your hotel at around 9am instead. On the last day, we would offer free airport transfer from your hotel.
The nearest international airport to Mount Bromo is Surabaya Juanda International Airport.
You can book directly online and pay using PayPal, Credit Card or Bank Transfer (including PayNow, PayLah etc).
Have any questions?
Chat with us or call us at +65 8809 9312
A trusted travel agency with over 10 years of experience, Tour In Indonesia seeks to create an extraordinary experience for our guests, with each journey unique on its own.