Mount Bromo Sunrise Tour – From Surabaya
This is our signature Mount Bromo sunrise tour. It is the most common midnight tour in Surabaya to see sunrise at Mount Bromo and back to Surabaya. You will get to a magnificent experience at Mount Bromo and Madakaripura Waterfall.
The package includes land transportation, Jeep at Bromo area and tour guide/driver.
Airport/hotel/train station pick-up and drop-off in Surabaya is included.
The package is available everyday including public holidays, Christmas and Chinese New Year.
If you are organising for bigger groups over 9 pax, chat with us and we are able to assist you.
The prices are indicated above depending on the number of people.
You can book directly online and pay using PayPal, Credit Card or Bank Transfer (including PayNow, PayLah etc).
Day 1: Surabaya - Bromo Area
- Pick up from Juanda International Airport or Surabaya Hotel (any hotel in Surabaya City) or Surabaya Train Station at around 11:30pm.
e.g. If you book on 1st January, we will pick you up at 11:30pm on 1st January. You will see the Bromo Sunrise on 2nd January.
- Travel 3–4 hours to Bromo area.
- You can top up an additional SGD 50/pax for the Milky Way tour. We will pick you up at around 7pm instead of 11:30pm. You will head to Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park to see the Milky Way first, and stay there until sunrise. (Kindly note that the best time to see the milky way is during the new moon period.)
Day 2: Mount Bromo Sunrise - Surabaya
- Arrive at Cemoro Lawang and transfer to a private 4WD jeep
- Travel 1 hour via a 4WD jeep to Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park.
- Have a light meal at a nearby coffee shop before hiking.
- Hike for 10–15 minutes to reach the sunrise viewpoint.
- Watch the spectacular sunrise (There are 4 other viewpoints nearby. Our guide will bring you to the viewpoint that is less crowded – all have similar views).
- Return to the 4WD jeep after sunrise and travel 30 minutes to the Sea of Sand.
- Cross the Sea of Sand to reach the rim of Bromo Crater. You can walk 30–45 minutes or ride on a horse (optional, horse-riding fee is not included).
- Climb 250 flight of stairs for 10–15 minutes to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- Return to Cemoro Lawang at around 8–9am and transfer back to a private car.
- Head to Madakaripura Waterfall to enjoy the magnificent natural sight (optional, entrance & motorbike fees are not included).
- 12–1pm: We will drop you off at your hotel in Surabaya or Surabaya Airport or Surabaya Train Station at around 12–1pm if you are not going to the waterfall.
- 3–4 pm: We will drop you off at your hotel in Surabaya or Surabaya Airport or Surabaya Train Station at around 3–4pm if you are going to the waterfall.
Our tour ends here.
Exact timings and sequence are subjected to changes depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you should there be any changes. However, we do intend to stick to the above itinerary as much as possible.
The nearest international airport to Mount Bromo is Juanda International Airport in Surabaya. You can also start the tour from Bali or Yogyakarta.
Your passport with a minimum of 6 months validity, vaccination proofs (fully vaccinated with at least 2 does), travel insurance (highly recommend) and other travel essentials. Before your trip starts, we will send you a packing list of the things you should bring.
A 2-way airport transfer service is included in all our tour packages. On Day 1, we will pick you up at Surabaya airport at your arrival time. If you are already in Surabaya, we will pick you up at your hotel instead. On the last day, we will drop you off at the airport from your accommodation.
For travel between cities and towns, the following vehicles with ample space for luggages are used:
1–4 pax: Toyota Avanza/Xenia/Ertiga 5 Seater (or similar)
5 pax: Toyota Innova 7 Seater (or similar)
6–11 pax: Toyota Hiace (or similar)
12–14 pax : Elf Giga Long (or similar)
For travels to Mount Penanjakan (to see the sunrise at Mount Bromo) and the Sea of Sand, you will switch to a 4WD Jeep
Yes. We can customise the itinerary if you wish to add or remove any attractions in our pre-made itinerary. You can also inform our guide on the day of your tour if you decide not to visit a certain attraction.
The entrance fees have various pricing for locals, foreigner and during peak periods. It would be better if you pay on the spot depending on your nationality. It also gives you more flexibility as you can choose not to go to the attraction when you are on the tour.
Yes. You can request for the optional Milky Way tour. We’ll pick you up at 10pm from your lodge to Cemoro Lawang. You will then head to nearby peaks such as Mount Pananjakan, Mentigen Hill, Kingkong Hill or Seruni Point where you can view the Milky Way. Avid photographers should bring suitable camera equipment as well. You would then continue with the standard itinerary to view the sunrise at Mount Bromo. This will cost an additional of SGD 50/pax, on top of your current tour package.
No. Mount Bromo area is very dark and cold in the night. For the safety concern, we don’t allow the customers to hike solely on foot rather than taking the Jeep.
A round trip costs around 200,000 – 250,000 IDR (from the Sea of Sand to the rim of Bromo crater and back). Do note that the horse ride ends near the start of the stairs to the Mount Bromo crater. You will still have to climb about 250 flight of stairs up to the crater. The horse ride is entirely optional and you can choose to walk across the sea of sand, which most visitors do. Do negotiate with the horsemen to get a better deal.
Our vehicle will first drop you at the parking lot of Madakaripura Waterfalls, where you will hop to a motorbike (Ojek) for a short 5 minutes ride to the entrance. Then, you need to do a trek of around 30 minutes (2km) to reach the waterfalls.
Swimming is no longer allowed at the waterfalls since 2018 but you will still get drenched. For footwear, we highly recommend covered rubber shoes or sandals.
Sunglasses and sunblock lotion are highly recommended – the sun rays can be harsh and at high altitude, it is easy to get sunburnt even though the surrounding temperature is cold. The terrain is very sandy – wearing a face mask is also recommended for protection (akin to walking in a desert). If you are visiting the waterfalls, please bring along wet gears such as swim suits with t-shirt and shorts, water booties/covered sandals, spectacle hooks, waterproof cover for your phone/camera which can be secured to your body, change of clothes and towel.
Generally, our tours are inclusive except for entrance fees and meal expenses during the tour.
For meal expenses, you can budget around 50,000 IDR/meal. However, it largely depends on what you order and where you dine. For entrance fees, you can refer to our tour packages for the price details. You can add-on the cost of entrance fees on top of our tour packages or pay at the attraction site in cash (cards are not accepted).
For more FAQs, please refer to our FAQ page or message/call us for faster response.