Bromo/Ijen & Baluran National Park (4D/3N)
Suitable for friends who want to relax and take it easy on the holiday. We offer hotel accommodations.
SGD 499 /PAX
4 pax, $479 each
6 pax, $459 each
10+ pax, $439 each
Corporate tours? Drop us a note at email@example.com
This tour is an extension of the Mt Bromo and Mount Ijen tour, and includes a trip to Baluran National Park for a panoramic savannah (‘safari’) landscape – “Little Africa” in East Java. It also provides much-needed rest after visiting the 2 volcanoes.
Mount Bromo (Indonesian: Gunung Bromo), is an active volcano and part of the Tengger massif, in East Java, Indonesia. At 2,329 metres (7,641 ft) it is not the highest peak of the massif, but is the most well known. The massif area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in East Java, Indonesia. The volcano belongs to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. The name of Bromo derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god. (Wikipedia)
The Ijen volcano complex is a group of composite volcanoes in the Banyuwangi Regency of East Java, Indonesia.
It is inside a larger caldera Ijen, which is about 20 kilometres wide. The Gunung Merapi stratovolcano is the highest point of that complex. The name “Gunung Merapi” means “mountain of fire” in the Indonesian language (api being “fire”); Mount Merapi in central Java and Marapi in Sumatra have the same etymology. (Wikipedia)
Day 1: Surabaya – Bromo Area
Pick-up at Junda International Airport/Gubeng Train Station/hotel in Surabaya area in the day time. Drive 3 hours to Bromo area and check-in to Bromo Terrace Hotel, Baobab Safari Resort or similar hotel (standard room with breakfast and hot shower).
Day 2: Bromo Area – Kawah Ijen
Hop into a 4WD jeep at 3:30am and drive to vantage point at Penanjakan to see the spectacular sunrise and Mount Bromo area.
Continue our journey to Hill of Love photo stop, then drive through the Sea of Sand towards Bromo Crater.
At Bromo Crater, you can go on foot or ride (rent) a horse/pony. The trip around 20 minutes. Climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 mins to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
Soak in the stunning sight and be amazed at this natural wonder and then, we will head back to Bromo hotel. (Only applicable for Bromo Terrace Hotel guests; for other guests, we head straight to Ijen with breakfast stop enroute)
Tuck into breakfast before checkout by 11am. We will then drive 5-6 hours to reach Ijen area and savour authentic Indonesian lunch at local restaurant en route. We usually reach Ijen area around 4pm.
Check-in to El Royale Hotel and Resort for 2 nights’ stay in standard room with breakfast & hot shower facilities.
Day 3: Kawah Ijen (Blue Fire Program) – Beluran National Park
Check-out at approximately 1:30 am and travel 45 minutes to Paltuding area, with breakfast on-the-go.
At approximately 2am, reach Paltuding permit post before hiking to Ijen peak. At the peak, we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen, if weather permits. The Blue flames are dependent on the moonlight and rain, so sightings cannot be guaranteed (as with other natural phenomena) but we will bring you to the best view point.
At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe by the authorities, we can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. Here you can enjoy the spectacular morning lake view of Ijen and then we can walk back to the Ijen peak before returning to Paltuding.
Proceed to savannah adventure at Beluran National Park, and at night we will return to El Royale Hotel and Resort for a good night’s rest.
Day 4: Banyuwangi – Surabaya
In the morning, enjoy breakfast at the hotel and then drive back to Surabaya City and be dropped off at the relevant hotels. (Flight option back to Surabaya available here from Banyuwangyi)
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
Have questions? Just read our FAQs here – https://intercom.help/tourmountbromo/
Why we do not do Homestay – https://intercom.help/tourmountbromo/tour-related-enquiries/why-we-do-not-do-homestay
- Garuda Indonesia Airlines
- Should the customer choose this option, our tour will end at Banyuwangyi Airport instead returning to Surabaya by car.
- Includes Airport Transfer from hotel/resort stay in Ijen to Banyuwangyi Airport
- Flight time is 1 hour and the plane departs Banyuwangyi at 1315 hours (WIB, Jakarta time)
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Upon confirmation, we will send you an email with the contact to tie up with for your trip.
What to Bring
- Warm jacket, head cover, good mask (eg. N95), good-grip shoes. Temperatures range from 8 – 22 degrees Celcius in the mountains.
- Socks and gloves (can be purchased at the mountains; subject to availability).
- Sunblock (if needed), torch light and raincoat (just in case).
- 2 pax = 1 standard room
- 3 pax = 1 standard room + 1 extra bed
- 4 pax = 2 standard rooms
- 5 pax = 2 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 6 pax = 3 standard rooms
- 7 pax = 3 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 8 pax = 4 standard rooms
- 9 pax = 4 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- All fees included in the package. There is no additional tax or hidden fees.
- Standard shared room in the hotels mentioned above. The breakdown for number of pax in a room is mentioned above as well.
- 3 Hotel Breakfast to be included.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from/to Surabaya
- Private tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with English/Bahasa Indonesia – speaking guide, French and Dutch speaking driver will be subject to availability upon booking
- Service charge, room tax, VAT, driver and guide expenses, and baggage handling.
Not Inclusive Of
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Domestic flight & domestic airport tax
- All meals i.e. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. (Breakfast included if hotel option selected) However, we will recommend and bring you eating places according to your preference.
- Donkey/Horse ride (rent) to carry customer up to Mount Bromo. Estimated at SGD$50 for round trip.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Free Visa for a short visit up to 30 days (non-extendable) given to around many countries enter to and exit from multiple airports and certain seaports. Otherwise Visa on Arrival will be applied currently $35 USD net per entry per person (subject to change without prior notice).
Please note that visa regulations in Indonesia are subject to change of which we cannot be held responsible.
- Entrance Fee to Bromo Crater & Ijen Crater:
- Bromo = Rp 250,000/person (weekday) & Rp 370,000/person (weekend)
- Ijen = Rp 150,000/person (weekday) & Rp 200,000 /person (weekend)
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
- Minimum recommended age of travel is 10 years old.
- Light fitness requirement to climb up the steps of Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen.
The prices are not valid for the following dates – 21st December – 3rd January 2018. Please email us for exact price due to peak season.
A refund of 90% will be issued if cancellation is made within 36 hours from the time of booking. The 10% online transaction charge is non-refundable.