Bromo/Ijen & Baluran National Park (4D/3N)
Suitable for group of friends who want to relax and take it easy on the holiday. We offer hotel accommodations.
SGD 499 /PAX
4 pax, $479 each
6 pax, $459 each
10+ pax, $439 each
Corporate tours? Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
This tour is an extension of the Mt Bromo and Mount Ijen. We include the trip to Baluran National Park to visit a “safari” landscape in East Java. It also provides much needed rest after visiting 2 volcanoes.
Mount Bromo (Indonesian: Gunung Bromo), is an active volcano and part of the Tengger massif, in East Java, Indonesia. At 2,329 metres (7,641 ft) it is not the highest peak of the massif, but is the most well known. The massif area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in East Java, Indonesia. The volcano belongs to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. The name of Bromo derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god. (Wikipedia)
The Ijen volcano complex is a group of composite volcanoes in the Banyuwangi Regency of East Java, Indonesia.
It is inside a larger caldera Ijen, which is about 20 kilometres wide. The Gunung Merapi stratovolcano is the highest point of that complex. The name “Gunung Merapi” means “mountain of fire” in the Indonesian language (api being “fire”); Mount Merapi in central Java and Marapi in Sumatra have the same etymology. (Wikipedia)
Day 1: Surabaya – Bromo Area
Pick you up at Junda Int Airport/Gubeng Train Station/hotel in Surabaya area in the day time. Then drive you to Mount Bromo. The trip is around 3 hours. Arrive at Bromo Area. You will check in to Bromo Terrace Hotel or Baobab Safari Resort or similar hotel. It will be a standard room with breakfast , cool & hot shower.
Day 2: Bromo Area – Kawah Ijen
We will take you to see the spectacular sunrise from Penanjakan ( best view to see Sunrise) by Jeep 4WD at 3:30am.
You will enjoy the beautiful Sunrise and the beautiful of Mount Bromo from the summit of Penanjakan 1. Then back to Jeep 4WD and continue to Hill of Love and you can take a photo stop there. Continue to Jeep Parking area through the sea of sand and head towards Bromo Crater.
At Bromo Crater, you can go by foot or rent horse/pony. The trip around 20 minutes. You will have to climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 mins to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
After this is completed, we will head back to Bromo hotel.(Only applicable for Bromo Terrace Hotel as other hotels are very out of the way)
Having breakfast at around 1030am and we will checkout by 11am. We will then drive 5-6 hours to reach Ijen area and we will have lunch at local restaurant along the route to Ijen. We usually reach Ijen area around 4pm.
Check in El Royale Hotel and Resort. You will stay here for 2 nights. It will be a standard room with breakfast, cool & hot shower.
Day 3: Kawah Ijen (Blue Fire Program) – Beluran National Park
We will start our day at 1:00am. We will check out homestay at approximately 1:30am and we go to Paltuding area, trip in 45 minutes from the homestay area. We will eat breakfast in the car with packet food.
At approximately 2am, we reach Paltuding, this is the permit post before hiking to Ijen peak. At the peak , we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. The Blue flames is dependent on the moon light and rain. Thus, if the weather is good, you will be able to see the Blue Flames. We cannot guarantee 100% that it will be available due weather but we can guarantee that we bring you to the view point.
At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. Here you can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and then we can walk back to the Ijen peak before going back to Paltuding.
We will go to Belaruan National Park after ijen and in the night we will return to El Royale Hotel and Resort for you to rest.
Day 4: Banyuwangi – Surabaya
In the morning , you will have breakfast at the accommodation and then we will drive you back to Surabaya City and drop you off at the relevant hotels. (Flight option back to Surabaya available here from Banyuwangyi)
Our tour is finished here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to changes depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you and make the judgement call. However, we do intent to keep as much as possible to the stated itinerary above.
Have questions? Just read our FAQ here – https://intercom.help/tourmountbromo/
Why we do not do Homestay – https://intercom.help/tourmountbromo/tour-related-enquiries/why-we-do-not-do-homestay
- Garuda Indonesia Airlines
- Should the customer choose this option, our tour will finish at Banyuwangyi Airport instead of taking the customer by car back to Surabaya.
- Includes Airport Transfer from hotel/resort stay in Ijen to Banyuwangyi Airport
- Flight time is 1 hour and the plane departs Banyuwangyi at 1315pm (WIB, Jakarta time)
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Once confirmed, we will send you a confirmation email with the contact to tie up for your trip.
What to Bring
- Warm Jacket, head cover, good mask, good grip shoes. Temperatures ranges from 8 – 22 degress celcius from 2am – 10am in the mountains.
- Sock and Glove (Can be purchased at the mountains for $5-$10 but these are bought along the roadside from the villagers. Thus, it is not 100% that they will be selling everyday)
- Sunblock (if needed) , torch light and raincoat. (just in case)
- 2 pax = 1 standard room
- 3 pax = 1 standard room + 1 extra bed
- 4 pax = 2 standard rooms
- 5 pax = 2 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 6 pax = 3 standard rooms
- 7 pax = 3 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 8 pax = 4 standard rooms
- 9 pax = 4 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- All fees included in the package. There is no additional tax or hidden fees.
- Standard shared room in the hotels mentioned above. The breakdown for number of pax in a room is mentioned above as well.
- 3 Hotel Breakfast to be included.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from/to Surabaya
- Private tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with English/Bahasa Indonesia – speaking guide, French and Dutch speaking driver will be subject to availability upon booking
- Service charge, room tax, VAT, driver and guide expenses, and baggage handling.
Not Inclusive Of
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Domestic flight & domestic airport tax
- All meals i.e. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast included if hotel option selected. However, we will bring you to places to eat just that arranging the payment issue etc is a quite an issue across various dietary preference.
- Donkey/Horse fee to carry customer up to Mount Bromo. Estimated at SGD$50 for round trip.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Free Visa for a short visit up to 30 days (non-extendable) given to around many countries enter to and exit from multiple airports and certain seaports. Otherwise Visa on Arrival will be applied currently $35 USD net per entry per person (subject to change without prior notice).
Please note that visa regulations in Indonesia are subject to change of which we cannot be held responsible.
- Entrance Fee to Bromo Crater & Ijen Crater:
- Bromo = Rp 250,000/person (weekday) & Rp 370,000/person (weekend)
- Ijen = Rp 150,000/person (weekday) & Rp 200,000 /person (weekend)
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
- Minimum age of travel is 13 years old.
- Light fitness requirement to climb up the steps of Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen.
If you cancel within 36 hours from the time that you book, we will issue you a 90% refund. The 10% is due to online transaction charges.