Surabaya & Yogyakarta Tour (5D4N)
This tour package enables you to cover the main attractions of Surabaya and Yogyakarta in a short time.
SGD 799 /PERSON
4 pax, $779 each
6 pax, $769 each
10+ pax, $749 each
This tour is suitable for families, friends, co-workers and lovers. Hotel pick-up and drop-off in central Surabaya provided. Airport pick-up and drop-off can be arranged. Pick up can be from Banyuwangyi Airport or Bali.
Mount Bromo (Indonesian: Gunung Bromo), is an active volcano and part of the Tengger massif, in East Java, Indonesia. At 2,329 metres (7,641 ft) it is not the highest peak of the massif, but is the most well known. The massif area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in East Java, Indonesia. The volcano belongs to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. The name of Bromo derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god. (Wikipedia)
Borobudur is a 9th-century MahayanaBuddhist temple in Magelang, Central Java, Indonesia, and the world’s largest Buddhist temple. The temple consists of nine stacked platforms, six square and three circular, topped by a central dome. It is decorated with 2,672 relief panels and 504 Buddha statues. The central dome is surrounded by 72 Buddha statues, each seated inside a perforated stupa
Day 1: (Bali) – Banyuwangyi – Kawah Ijen
- (If you selected Bali pick up, we will pick you up at 8am at your hotel. It is a 6-7 hour car journey inclusive of ferry tickets. You will arrive in the hotel in Banyuwangyi around 3-4pm)
- Pick-up from Banyuwangyi Airport/ Ketpang Indah port. Go to hotel, approximately 0.5-1 hours drive.
- Check in to El Royale Hotel & Resort, (It will be El Royale Hotel & Resort unless it is unavailable at the time of your booking, we will push to Golden Harvest Resort)
- Video on El Royale Resort by one of our customers below:
Day 2: Kawah Ijen – Bromo Area
- Checkout around 12:00 am and travel to Paltuding area with breakfast on-the-go.
- Reach Paltuding permit post at approximately 2 am, before hiking to Ijen peak.
- At the peak, we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. As the Blue Flames are dependent on the moon light and rain, sightings are subject to suitable weather. As with other natural phenomena, sightings cannot be guaranteed but we will bring you to the choice view point.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to the Ijen peak before returning to Paltuding.
- Road trip 5-6 hours to Bromo Area.
- Check-in to Bromo Terrace Hotel (*It will always be Bromo Terrace unless there is no availability, we will use Cafe Lava Hotel) and rest for the night.
- Video on Bromo Terrace Hotel by one of our customer below:
Day 3: Bromo Area – Surabaya – Yogyakarta
- See the spectacular sunrise from vantage point, Penanjakan, by 4WD jeep at 2:30am
- Continue to Hill of Love for a photo stop. Drive through the Sea of Sand and head towards Bromo Crater.
- At the crater, you can go on foot or ride (rent) a horse/pony. The trip is around 20 minutes. Climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 mins to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- Transfer to jeep and return to Bromo hotel. Enjoy breakfast and checkout by 9 am.
- Visit Madakaripura Waterfall. Leave Bromo area by 11am. Journey to Surabaya Airport from Bromo is about 3-4 hours.
- Transfer to Juanda International Airport for flight to Yogyakarta using Wings Air (Domestic Flight) at 16:35 and arrive in Yogyakarta International Airport at 17:45.
- Airport transfer to hotel in Yogyakarta.
- Check-in to Ayaartta Hotel Malioboro. (*It will always be Ayaartta Hotel Malioboro. In the event of unavailability, we will Greenhost Hotel) You will stay here for 2 night.
Day 4: Yogyakarta – Borobudur – Prambanan
- Rise and shine
- Have breakfast at hotel and leave hotel by 830am.
- Continue to Magelang district to visit the magnificent Borobudur temple, built with 55,000 cubic metres of stones in the 8th century. Follow the life of the founder of Buddhism (Siddharta Gautama) carved on the walls. Two other small temples, Pawon and Mendut, both related to Borobudur, will be visited thereafter.
- Have lunch in the vicinity
- Afterwards, drive to Prambanan Hindu Temple (Roro Jonggrang Temple), reputed to be the biggest and the finest Hindu temples in Indonesia
- Continue to Plaosan Temple, Breksi Cliff then IJO Temple.
- Dinner at local restaurant.
- On the way back to the hotel, you may walk along the arcades of Malioboro Street. There are many vendors selling their merchandise, ranging from such local handicrafts as batik, rattan ornaments, leather puppets, bamboo handicrafts (key holders, ornament lamps, and others) as well as blangkon (Javanese/ Jogjanese traditional cap) and silver goods.
- Free and easy. Rest for the evening.
Day 5: Yogyakarta
- Rise and shine
- Have breakfast at hotel and transfer to airport for onward flight. (This is applicable for early departures)
- Leave hotel and proceed to Mount Merapi from Kaliadem Village, located approximately 5 km from the top of Merapi, in a jeep through solidified lava.
- Head for the Salak (snake fruit) plantation.
- Lunch at local restaurant.
- Free and Easy
- Transfer to Yogyakarta Airport for onward flight.(Or land transfer to hotel if additional night add on is selected)
Vlog: Ijen El Royale Hotel
Vlog: Bromo Terrace Hotel
Vlog: Travel Experience Bromo & Ijen
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
Flight Schedule that would suit this trip: There are 3 flights operating from Surabaya to Banyuwangyi everyday with the flight schedule below. Mainly Garuda Indonesia and WingsAir. We would recommend Garuda Indonesia: (You can also select the add on at check out so that we book the flight for you)
Add Ons: Surabaya – Banyuwangyi (Domestic Flight Option)
- If you are unsure which domestic airplane to get to Banyuwangyi from Surabaya, we can help to purchase on your behalf. Be sure to include your EXACT name on passport at check out.
- Should the customer choose this option, it will be a Garuda Indonesia flight departing at 1145am and arriving at 1245pm at Banyuwangyi. It is in the exact same terminal building as the international flight arrival building.
- This is suitable for passengers arriving in Surabaya before 10am.
- This does not include airport transfer from Surabaya hotel to Juanda International Airport.
Add Ons: Entrance Fee For Bromo and Ijen
- Save the hassle of paying on the spot. We can include the entrance fee so that you won’t have to get down and make payment when you are at the attractions.
- The estimated price is about SGD$70/pax
- We will bear the exchange rate fee. Estimated breakdown:
- Bromo – $35-$40/pax
- Ijen – $25-$35/pax
Add Ons: Extra 1 Night Stay In Yogyakarta
This includes an extra night accommodation in the above mentioned hotel in Yogyakarta/Semarang. Breakfast included and Airport transfer from hotel to airport.
Add Ons: Pickup from Bali on the 1st Day
- Save the hassle of flying into Surabaya from Bali. We can pick you up at your hotel/airport in Bali and travel to Ijen.
- This price is inclusive of the ferry tickets from Bali to Java island.
- We can pick you up in Kuta, Seminyak, Ubud, Canggu , Nusa Dua, Uluwatu, Sanur, North Bali etc.
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Upon confirmation, we will send you an email with the contact to tie up with for your trip.
What to Bring
- Warm jacket, head cover, good mask (eg. N95), good-grip shoes. Temperatures range from 8 – 22 degrees Celcius in the mountains.
- Socks and gloves (can be purchased at the mountains; subject to availability)
- Sunblock (if needed), torch light and raincoat. (just in case)
- 2 pax = 1 standard room
- 3 pax = 1 standard room + 1 extra bed
- 4 pax = 2 standard rooms
- 5 pax = 2 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 6 pax = 3 standard rooms
- 7 pax = 3 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 8 pax = 4 standard rooms
- 9 pax = 4 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
Want to know what else to do?
Refer to https://tourmountbromo.com/blog/surabaya/ to find out what our experts have to say about Surabaya!
- Standard shared room in the hotels mentioned above.
- 4 Breakfast provided by Hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from/to Surabaya
- Private tour
- Inclusive of domestic air ticket from Surabaya to Yogyakarta.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with English/Bahasa Indonesia – speaking guide, French and Dutch speaking driver will be subject to availability upon booking
- Service charge, room tax, VAT, driver and guide expenses, and baggage handling.
- Domestic Air Fare from Surabaya to Yogyakarta including 15kg checked in baggage.
Not Inclusive Of
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Lunch and dinner.However, we will recommend and bring you to places to eat according to your preference.
- Donkey/Horse ride (rent) to carry customer up to Mount Bromo. Estimated at SGD$20 for round trip.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Free Visa for a short visit up to 30 days (non-extendable) given to around many countries enter to and exit from multiple airports and certain seaports. Otherwise Visa on Arrival will be applied currently $35 USD net per entry per person (subject to change without prior notice).
Please note that visa regulations in Indonesia are subject to change of which we cannot be held responsible.
- Entrance Fee to Bromo Crater & Ijen Crater:
- Bromo = Rp 250,000/person (weekday) & Rp 370,000/person (weekend)
- Ijen = Rp 150,000/person (weekday) & Rp 200,000 /person (weekend)
- All entrance fees to attractions in Yogyakarta. Prices varies depending on which attraction you visit as there are many smaller temples which also charges entrance fees. The price also varies depending on your nationality. Typical range if you follow what’s stated above, will be about SGD$50-$200/pax in total. Price again depends on which temples/attractions you go and your nationality. It will be easier if customer makes the payment respectively in cash in rupiah to the local authorities.
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
- Minimum recommended age of travel is 10 years old.
- Light fitness required to climb up the steps of Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen.
- Banner picture obtained from – https://thetravelintern.com/
A 90% refund will be issued for cancellations made within 36 hours of booking. The 10% online transaction charge is not refundable.