Chinese New Year Offer – Mount Bromo & Ijen Public Tour (4D/3N)
This tour package is public tour. It is less tiring as you have sufficient rest time. It is also for safety and enjoyment of the customer.
SGD 699 /PERSON
Please put "N/A" in the "Flight Itinerary" section when you check out
This tour is suitable for families, friends, co-workers and lovers. We recommend at least 4 people to maximize enjoyment at Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen. Hotel pick-up and drop-off in central Surabaya provided. Airport pick-up and drop-off can be arranged.
Mount Bromo (Indonesian: Gunung Bromo), is an active volcano and part of the Tengger massif, in East Java, Indonesia. At 2,329 metres (7,641 ft) it is not the highest peak of the massif, but is the most well known. The massif area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in East Java, Indonesia. The volcano belongs to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. The name of Bromo derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god. (Wikipedia)
The Ijen volcano complex is a group of composite volcanoes in the Banyuwangi Regency of East Java, Indonesia.
It is inside a larger caldera Ijen, which is about 20 kilometres wide. The Gunung Merapi stratovolcano is the highest point of that complex. The name “Gunung Merapi” means “mountain of fire” in the Indonesian language (api being “fire”); Mount Merapi in central Java and Marapi in Sumatra have the same etymology. (Wikipedia)
Day 1: Surabaya – Mount Bromo Area
- Pick-up from Juana International Airport in Surabaya.
- Travel to Mount Bromo area.
- Proceed to Madakaripura Waterfall.
- Check into Bromo Park Hotel.
Day 2: Bromo Area – Banyuwangyi (Ijen Area)
- See the spectacular sunrise from vantage point, Penanjakan by 4WD jeep at 2:30am
- Continue to Hill of Love for a photo stop. Drive through the Sea of Sand and head towards Bromo Crater. Jeep is a public jeep and includes local Bromo tour guide fee.
- At the crater, you can go on foot or ride (rent) a horse/pony. The trip is around 20 minutes. Climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 mins to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- Transfer to jeep and return to Bromo hotel. Enjoy breakfast at 10:30 am and checkout by 11 am.
- Travel to Ijen area. Arrive aroud 6-7pm.
- Check in to El Royale Resort and you will stay here for 2 nights.
Day 3: Banyuwangyi
- Rise and shine.
- Have a nice breakfast
- This day is kept free and easy for you to recharge before climbing Ijen in the night.
- Some of the activities would be Snorkelling, diving, going to Baluran National Park, Mountain Biking in the mountains of Ijen etc. You can also just chill by the hotel pool. (The activities are located about 2 hours car ride away from the hotel and price is excluded from this package). This add on includes the driver and the car which you can use for this day.
- Have dinner and rest for the night. Prepare to leave at midnight.
Day 4: Kawah Ijen (Blue Fire Encounter) – Surabaya
- Checkout around 12:00 am and travel to Paltuding area with breakfast on-the-go. Local Ijen tour guide is included in this package.
- Reach Paltuding permit post at approximately 2 am, before hiking to Ijen peak.
- At the peak, we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. As the Blue Flames are dependent on the moon light and rain, sightings are dependent on suitable weather. As with other natural phenomena, sightings cannot be guaranteed but we will bring you to the choice view point.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to the Ijen peak before returning to Paltuding.
- Road trip 6-7 hours back to Surabaya city.
- Drop off at Surabaya Juanda Airport to catch the flight back to Singapore.
Vlog: Travel Experience Bromo & Ijen
Our tour ends here.
Travel date is fixed for this tour: 25-28th January 2020
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above. The itinerary also depends on time and weather, the discretion is on the agency to choose the hotels.
- Standard shared room in the accommodations mentioned above
- Breakfast provided by accommodations
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from/to Surabaya
- Public Tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with basic English speaking driver.
- Entrance fees for Mount Bromo, Mount Ijen & Madakaripura Waterfall
- Shared Jeep in Bromo
- International Flight – Attached screenshot. Exclude seat selection, checkin luggage, meals
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Breakfast included and provided by the accomodation. Lunch and dinner are excluded. However, we will recommend and bring you to places to eat according to your preference.
- Donkey/Horse ride (rent) to carry customer up to Mount Bromo. Estimated at SGD$15 for round trip.
- Tips for Guides and Drivers (recommended)
- All the fees not mentioned in the “Inclusive”
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Upon confirmation, we will send you an email with the contact to tie up with for your trip.
- Warm jacket, head cover, good mask (eg. N95), good-grip shoes. Temperatures range from 8 – 22 degrees Celcius in the mountains.
- Socks and gloves (can be purchased at the mountains; subject to availability)
- Sunblock (if needed), torch light and raincoat. (just in case)
- 2 pax = 1 standard room
- 3 pax = 1 standard room + 1 extra bed
- 4 pax = 2 standard rooms
- 5 pax = 2 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 6 pax = 3 standard rooms
- 7 pax = 3 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 8 pax = 4 standard rooms
- 9 pax = 4 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
- Minimum recommended age of travel is 10 years old.
- Light fitness required to climb up the steps of Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
A 90% refund will be issued for cancellations made within 36 hours of booking. The 10% online transaction charge is not refundable.
Want to know what else to do?
Refer to https://tourmountbromo.com/blog/surabaya/ to find out what our experts have to say about Surabaya!