Mount Ijen & Mount Bromo Tour – Ijen Followed by Bromo (3D/2N)
This tour package goes to Ijen first and then to Bromo. Flying into Ijen will give you more time to relax at the accommodation in Ijen. Also, allow you to take the afternoon flight (After 130pm departure time from Surabaya airport) on the 3rd day.
SGD 389 /PERSON
4 pax, $369 each
6 pax, $359 each
10+ pax, $349 each
Corporate tours? Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
This tour is suitable for families, friends, co-workers and lovers. We recommend at least 4 people to maximize enjoyment at Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen. Hotel pick-up and drop-off in central Surabaya provided. Airport pick-up and drop-off can be arranged. Pick up would only be from Banyuwangyi Airport.
Mount Bromo (Indonesian: Gunung Bromo), is an active volcano and part of the Tengger massif, in East Java, Indonesia. At 2,329 metres (7,641 ft) it is not the highest peak of the massif, but is the most well known. The massif area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in East Java, Indonesia. The volcano belongs to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. The name of Bromo derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god. (Wikipedia)
The Ijen volcano complex is a group of composite volcanoes in the Banyuwangi Regency of East Java, Indonesia.
It is inside a larger caldera Ijen, which is about 20 kilometres wide. The Gunung Merapi stratovolcano is the highest point of that complex. The name “Gunung Merapi” means “mountain of fire” in the Indonesian language (api being “fire”); Mount Merapi in central Java and Marapi in Sumatra have the same etymology. (Wikipedia)
Day 1: Banyuwangyi – Kawah Ijen
- Pick-up from Banyuwangyi Airport. Go to hotel, approximately 0.5 hours drive.
- Check in to El Royale Hotel & Resort, (It will be El Royale Hotel & Resort unless it is unavailable at the time of your booking, we will push to Golden Harvest Resort)
- Video on El Royale Resort by one of our customers below:
Day 2: Kawah Ijen – Bromo Area
- Checkout around 12:00 am and travel to Paltuding area with breakfast on-the-go.
- Reach Paltuding permit post at approximately 2 am, before hiking to Ijen peak.
- At the peak, we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. As the Blue Flames are dependent on the moon light and rain, sightings are subject to suitable weather. As with other natural phenomena, sightings cannot be guaranteed but we will bring you to the choice view point.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to the Ijen peak before returning to Paltuding.
- Road trip 5-6 hours to Bromo Area.
- Check-in to Bromo Terrace Hotel (*It will always be Bromo Terrace unless there is no availability, we will use Cafe Lava Hotel) and rest for the night.
- Video on Bromo Terrace Hotel by one of our customer below:
Day 3: Bromo Area – Surabaya
- See the spectacular sunrise from vantage point, Penanjakan, by 4WD jeep at 2:30am
- Continue to Hill of Love for a photo stop. Drive through the Sea of Sand and head towards Bromo Crater.
- At the crater, you can go on foot or ride (rent) a horse/pony. The trip is around 20 minutes. Climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 mins to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- Transfer to jeep and return to Bromo hotel. Enjoy breakfast and checkout by 11 am.
- We will then proceed to Madikaripura waterfall for some picture taking.
- Transfer to Surabaya city for a night’s stay in Surabaya or proceed to Juanda International Airport.
- (If you are flying out of Surabaya on this day, we would recommend taking any flight after 1pm as the earliest reasonable time we can reach the airport is about 11am if we skip the waterfall and leave Bromo Crater at 7:30am. If we go to the waterfall, any flight after 5:30pm would be safe)
Vlog: El Royale Hotel
Vlog: Bromo Terrace Hotel
Travel Summary: Bromo & Ijen
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
MAIN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOMESTAY ACCOMMODATION:
- 1 Driver & 1 Tour Guide
- English-Speaking Tour Guide
- Hotel stay in 4-Star hotel, making the trip comfortable and enjoyable.
You can take a look at a video summary from one of our customers – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBBz8pFGdp4
Flight Schedule that would suit this trip: There are 3 flights operating from Surabaya to Banyuwangyi everyday with the flight schedule below. Mainly Garuda Indonesia and WingsAir. We would recommend Garuda Indonesia:
Add Ons: Surabaya – Banyuwangyi (Domestic Flight Option)
- If you are unsure which domestic airplane to get to Banyuwangyi from Surabaya, we can help to purchase on your behalf. Be sure to include your EXACT name on passport at check out.
- Should the customer choose this option, it will be a Garuda Indonesia flight departing at 1145am and arriving at 1245pm at Banyuwangyi. It is in the exact same terminal building as the international flight arrival building.
- This is suitable for passengers arriving in Surabaya before 10am.
- This does not include airport transfer from Surabaya hotel to Juanda International Airport.
Add Ons: Entrance Fee For Waterfall, Bromo and Ijen
- Safe the hassle of paying on the spot. We can include the entrance fee so that you won’t have to get down and make payment when you are at the attractions.
- The estimated price is about SGD$80/pax
- We will bear the exchange rate fee. Estimated breakdown:
- Bromo – $35-$40/pax
- Ijen – $25-$35/pax
- Waterfall – $15-$20/pax
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Upon confirmation, we will send you an email with the contact to tie up with for your trip.
What to Bring
- Warm jacket, head cover, good mask (eg. N95), good-grip shoes. Temperatures range from 8 – 22 degrees Celcius in the mountains.
- Socks and gloves (can be purchased at the mountains; subject to availability)
- Sunblock (if needed), torch light and raincoat. (just in case)
- 2 pax = 1 standard room
- 3 pax = 1 standard room + 1 extra bed
- 4 pax = 2 standard rooms
- 5 pax = 2 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 6 pax = 3 standard rooms
- 7 pax = 3 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 8 pax = 4 standard rooms
- 9 pax = 4 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
Want to know what else to do?
Refer to https://tourmountbromo.com/blog/surabaya/ to find out what our experts have to say about Surabaya!
- All fees included in the package. There is no additional tax or hidden fees.
- Standard shared room in the hotels mentioned above.
- 2 Breakfast provided by Hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from/to Surabaya
- Private tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with English/Bahasa Indonesia – speaking guide, French and Dutch speaking driver will be subject to availability upon booking
- Service charge, room tax, VAT, driver and guide expenses, and baggage handling.
Not Inclusive Of
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Domestic flight & domestic airport tax
- All meals i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast included if hotel option selected. However, we will recommend and bring you to places to eat according to your preference.
- Donkey/Horse ride (rent) to carry customer up to Mount Bromo. Estimated at SGD$20 for round trip.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Free Visa for a short visit up to 30 days (non-extendable) given to around many countries enter to and exit from multiple airports and certain seaports. Otherwise Visa on Arrival will be applied currently $35 USD net per entry per person (subject to change without prior notice).
Please note that visa regulations in Indonesia are subject to change of which we cannot be held responsible.
- Entrance Fee to Bromo Crater & Ijen Crater:
- Bromo = Rp 250,000/person (weekday) & Rp 370,000/person (weekend)
- Ijen = Rp 150,000/person (weekday) & Rp 200,000 /person (weekend)
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
- Minimum recommended age of travel is 10 years old.
- Light fitness required to climb up the steps of Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen.
A 90% refund will be issued for cancellations made within 36 hours of booking. The 10% online transaction charge is not refundable.