Malang/Bromo & Ijen Tour (4D/3N)
This tour package is for those looking for an adventure in paragliding and water rafting.
SGD 499 /PERSON
3-6 pax, $439 each
7-8 pax, $419 each
9-10+ pax, $399 each
Corporate tours? Drop us a note at email@example.com
This tour is suitable for families, friends, co-workers and lovers. We recommend at least 4 people to maximize enjoyment at Bromo and Ijen. Hotel pick-up and drop-off in central Surabaya provided. Airport pick-up and drop-off can be arranged.
Mount Bromo (Indonesian: Gunung Bromo), is an active volcano and part of the Tengger massif, in East Java, Indonesia. At 2,329 metres (7,641 ft) it is not the highest peak of the massif, but is the most well known. The massif area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in East Java, Indonesia. The volcano belongs to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. The name of Bromo derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god. (Wikipedia)
The Ijen volcano complex is a group of composite volcanoes in the Banyuwangi Regency of East Java, Indonesia.
It is inside a larger caldera Ijen, which is about 20 kilometres wide. The Gunung Merapi stratovolcano is the highest point of that complex. The name “Gunung Merapi” means “mountain of fire” in the Indonesian language (api being “fire”); Mount Merapi in central Java and Marapi in Sumatra have the same etymology. (Wikipedia)
Day 1: Surabaya – Malang Area
- Pick-up from Juanda International Airport/Hotel in Surabaya at about 9:30am – 11am.
- Travel to Malang City for about 1.5 – 2 hours.
- Visit Kampung Warna Warni – Visit the different murals of varying colors to brighten up the neighbourhood.
- Drive to Museum Angkut where it is the largest museum , 3.5ha, in Southeast Asia. Make your way through eight exhibition zones, from the main hall where a collection of legendary vehicles are grandly displayed; to the educational hall where the the history of transportation is visualised; and even the Euro zone where cars from their respective countries are displayed – including a range rover once used by the Queen of England! Outside the museum it is Pasar Apung where it is like a floating market where an assortment of delicacies are sold.
- (If we pick u up before 11am in the morning , we can go skip the above activities and go to Tempuk Sewu)
- Check-in to Hotel Atria in Malang City Centre for the night. (If there is no availability, we will use Golden Tulip Hotel)
- You can visit Batu Night Spectacular/night market in Malang on this night.
Day 2: Malang Area – Bromo Area
- Rise and shine to breakfast at the hotel.
- Visit Gunung Banyak , Batu to enjoy the breathe taking view of Malang City. Paragliding activities are available here. Check out the video below on it. Price is about $50/pax for the paragliding and is excluded from this package.
- Have lunch, checkout and depart for Bromo Area.
- Visit Madikaripura Waterfall. Entrance fee to waterfall is excluded.
- Check-in to Bromo Terrace Hotel (*It will always be Bromo Terrace unless there is no availability, we will relocate to Cafe Lava Hotel)
- Rest for the night.
- Video on Paragliding:
DAY 3 : BROMO AREA – KAWAH IJEN
- Hop on 4WD jeep to view the spectacular sunrise from prime viewing spot, Penanjakan, at 2:30am.
- Soak in the beautiful sunrise, then continue by 4WD jeep to Hill of Love for a photo stop.
- Travel by 4WD jeep through the Sea of Sand and head towards Bromo Crater.
- At the crater, you can go on foot or rent a horse/pony for about 20 minutes. Climb up stairs for 10-15 mins to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- Head back to Bromo hotel. Have breakfast at hotel or surrounding area.
- Depart for Songa Rafting Pekalen. Here you will try white water rafting in the rivers of Mount Bromo. Can be 2 hours – 3 hours but prices varies and is excluded from this package. The estimated price is $45/pax with a minimum of 4 pax.
- Travel to Ijen area, reaching around 4 pm and check into to Grand Padi Hotel. Tuck into lunch at local restaurant en route to Ijen.
- Check in to Grand Padi Hotel (*It will always be Grand Padi Hotel unless there is no availability, we will use Ijen View hotel)
DAY 4: KAWAH IJEN (BLUE FIRE PROGRAM) – SURABAYA
- Checkout around 12:00 am and travel to Paltuding area with breakfast on-the-go. Local Ijen tour guide is included in this package.
- Reach Paltuding permit post at approximately 2 am, before hiking to Ijen peak.
- At the peak, we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. As the Blue Flames are dependent on the moon light and rain, sightings are subject to suitable weather. As with other natural phenomena, sightings cannot be guaranteed but we will bring you to the best view point.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to the Ijen peak before returning to Paltuding.
- Road trip 5-6 hours back to Surabaya city. You will reach Surabaya approximately 6-7pm.
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
Add Ons: Ijen – Denpasar (Bali)
- Includes Ferry ticket from Ketapang to Gilimanuk
- Journey takes about 4-5 hours from Ijen to Kuta/Seminyak/Canggu/ Denpasar and Ubud.
- Transfer by Car
Add Ons: Entrance Fee For Waterfall, Bromo and Ijen
- Safe the hassle of paying on the spot. We can include the entrance fee so that you won’t have to get down and make payment when you are at the attractions.
- The estimated price is about SGD$80/pax
- We will bear the exchange rate fee. Estimated breakdown:
- Bromo – $35-$40/pax
- Ijen – $25-$35/pax
- Waterfall – $15-$20/pax
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Upon confirmation, we will send you an email with the contact to tie up with for your trip.
What to Bring
- Warm jacket, head cover, good mask (eg. N95), good-grip shoes. Temperatures range from 8 – 22 degrees Celcius in the mountains
- Socks and gloves (on sale by villagers at the mountains, subject to availability)
- Sunblock (if needed), torch light and raincoat (just in case)
- 2 pax = 1 standard room
- 3 pax = 1 standard room + 1 extra bed
- 4 pax = 2 standard rooms
- 5 pax = 2 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 6 pax = 3 standard rooms
- 7 pax = 3 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 8 pax = 4 standard rooms
- 9 pax = 4 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
Want to know what else to do?
Refer to https://tourmountbromo.com/blog/surabaya/ to find out what our experts have to say about Surabaya!
- Standard shared room in mentioned hotels.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from/to Surabaya
- Private tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with English-/Bahasa Indonesia–speaking guide, French- and Dutch-speaking driver will be subject to availability upon booking
- Service charge, room tax, VAT, driver and guide expenses, and baggage handling.
Not Inclusive Of
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Domestic flight & domestic airport tax – This refers to flight from home country to Surabaya.
- Other tours and meals than mentioned in the program.
- Donkey/Horse ride (rent) to carry customer up to Mount Bromo. Estimated at SGD$50 for round trip.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Free Visa for a short visit up to 30 days (non-extendable) given to around many countries enter to and exit from multiple airports and certain seaports. Otherwise Visa on Arrival will be applied currently $35 USD net per entry per person (subject to change without prior notice).
Please note that visa regulations in Indonesia are subject to change of which we cannot be held responsible.
- Entrance Fee to Bromo Crater & Ijen Crater:
- Bromo = Rp 250,000/person (weekday) & Rp 370,000/person (weekend)
- Ijen = Rp 150,000/person (weekday) & Rp 200,000 /person (weekend)
- Entrance fee to Madakaripura Waterfall = Rp 50,000/person (weekday) & Rp 170,000/person (weekend)
- Cost of white water rafting is approximately Rp 50,000/person
- Cost of Paragliding about SGD$50/pax.
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
- Minimum age of travel is 10 years old.
- Light fitness requirement to climb up the steps of Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen.
The prices are not valid for the following dates – 21st December – 3rd January 2018. Please email us for exact price due to peak season.
A refund of 90% will be issued for cancellations made within 36 hours from booking The 10% online transaction charge is not refundable.