Malang & Bromo Tour (3D/2N)
This tour package is suitable for a weekend family trip across all age groups. Ppl who have a short time in Surabaya and want to explore the vicinity will also take up this tour.
SGD 389 /PERSON
4 pax, $369 each
6 pax, $359 each
10+ pax, $339 each
Corporate tours? Drop us a note at email@example.com
This tour is suitable for families, friends, co-workers and lovers. We recommend at least 2 people to maximize enjoyment at Bromo and Ijen. Hotel pick-up and drop-off in central Surabaya provided. Airport pick-up and drop-off can be arranged.
Mount Bromo (Indonesian: Gunung Bromo), is an active volcano and part of the Tengger massif, in East Java, Indonesia. At 2,329 metres (7,641 ft) it is not the highest peak of the massif, but is the most well known. The massif area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in East Java, Indonesia. The volcano belongs to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. The name of Bromo derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god. (Wikipedia)
Malang is the second largest city in Jawa Timur (East Java), Indonesia. It has a history dating back to the age of Singhasari Kingdom. As the second most populous city in the province, the 2016 census recorded 887,443 people in the city.
The city is well known for its mild climate. During the period of Dutch colonization, it was a popular destination for European residents. Until now, Malang still holds its position a popular destination for international tourists.
Day 1: Surabaya – Malang Area
- Pick-up from Juanda International Airport/Hotel in Surabaya at about 9:30am – 11am or around 1-2pm depending on your flight timing.
- Travel to Malang City for about 1.5 – 2 hours.
- Visit Kampung Warna Warni – Visit the different murals of varying colors to brighten up the neighbourhood.
- Drive to Museum Angkut where it is the largest museum , 3.5ha, in Southeast Asia. Make your way through eight exhibition zones, from the main hall where a collection of legendary vehicles are grandly displayed; to the educational hall where the the history of transportation is visualised; and even the Euro zone where cars from their respective countries are displayed – including a range rover once used by the Queen of England! Outside the museum it is Pasar Apung where it is like a floating market where an assortment of delicacies are sold.
- Check-in to Hotel Atria.
- You can visit Batu Night Spectacular/night market in Malang on this night.
Day 2: Malang – Bromo
- Rise and shine to breakfast at the hotel.
- Visit Gunung Banyak , Batu to enjoy the breathe taking view of Malang City. Paragliding activities are available here. Check out the video below on it. Price is about $50/pax for the paragliding and is excluded from this package.
- Have lunch
- If time permits, you can go to Tempuk Sewu waterfall about 3 hours from Malang. You can also go to Apple Farm in the afternoon or go for Japanese Hot Spring in Malang.
- Free and easy in the afternoon.
- Have dinner and rest for the night.
- Get ready for checkout at 11pm to head to Mount Bromo.
DAY 3 : BROMO AREA – SURABAYA
- Travel to Mount Bromo and reach about 2-3am.
- Hop on 4WD jeep to view the spectacular sunrise from prime viewing spot, Penanjakan, at 2:30-3:30amam.
- Soak in the beautiful sunrise, then continue by 4WD jeep to Hill of Love for a photo stop.
- Travel by 4WD jeep through the Sea of Sand and head towards Bromo Crater.
- At the crater, you can go on foot or rent a horse/pony for about 20 minutes. Climb up stairs for 10-15 mins to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- Come down from crater and leave for Surabaya, have lunch on the way (If you have a 1-2pm flight in Surabaya airport on this day, you can still take this tour. You will have to leave Bromo latest by 745am for Surabaya airport)
- If time permits, you can go to the Madakaripura waterfall. If you do, you will reach Surabaya around 4-5pm.
- Proceed back to Surabaya. Have lunch on the way.
- Drop off at Surabaya Airport or Hotel.
- Our tour ends here.
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
Add Ons: Entrance Fee For Waterfall, Bromo and Ijen
- Safe the hassle of paying on the spot. We can include the entrance fee so that you won’t have to get down and make payment when you are at the attractions.
- The estimated price is about SGD$80/pax
- We will bear the exchange rate fee. Estimated breakdown:
- Bromo – $35-$40/pax
- Ijen – $25-$35/pax
- Waterfall – $15-$20/pax
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Upon confirmation, we will send you an email with the contact to tie up with for your trip.
What to Bring
- Warm jacket, head cover, good mask (eg. N95), good-grip shoes. Temperatures range from 8 – 22 degrees Celcius in the mountains
- Socks and gloves (on sale by villagers at the mountains, subject to availability)
- Sunblock (if needed), torch light and raincoat (just in case)
- 2 pax = 1 standard room
- 3 pax = 1 standard room + 1 extra bed
- 4 pax = 2 standard rooms
- 5 pax = 2 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 6 pax = 3 standard rooms
- 7 pax = 3 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 8 pax = 4 standard rooms
- 9 pax = 4 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
Want to know what else to do?
Refer to https://tourmountbromo.com/blog/surabaya/ to find out what our experts have to say about Surabaya!
- All fees included in the package. There is no additional tax or hidden fees.
- Standard shared room in the hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from/to Surabaya
- Private tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with English-/Bahasa Indonesia–speaking guide, French- and Dutch-speaking driver will be subject to availability upon booking
- Service charge, room tax, VAT, driver and guide expenses, and baggage handling.
Not Inclusive Of
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Domestic flight & domestic airport tax – This refers to flight from home country to Surabaya.
- Other tours and meals than mentioned in the program.
- Donkey/Horse ride (rent) to carry customer up to Mount Bromo. Estimated at SGD$50 for round trip.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Free Visa for a short visit up to 30 days (non-extendable) given to around many countries enter to and exit from multiple airports and certain seaports. Otherwise Visa on Arrival will be applied currently $35 USD net per entry per person (subject to change without prior notice).
Please note that visa regulations in Indonesia are subject to change of which we cannot be held responsible.
- Entrance Fee to Bromo Crater & Ijen Crater:
- Bromo = Rp 250,000/person (weekday) & Rp 370,000/person (weekend)
- Entrance fee to Madakaripura Waterfall = Rp 50,000/person (weekday) & Rp 170,000/person (weekend)
- Cost of white water rafting is approximately Rp 50,000/person
- Cost of Paragliding about SGD$50/pax.
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
- Minimum age of travel is 4 years old.
- Light fitness requirement to climb up the steps of Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen.
A refund of 90% will be issued for cancellations made within 36 hours from booking The 10% online transaction charge is not refundable.