Mount Bromo & Ijen blue fire & Tumpak Sewu Waterfall Tour (5D4N)
This tour package is for couples/group of couples/ friends who also want to explore Surabaya during this trip.
SGD 649 /PERSON
4 pax, $589 each
6 pax ++, $579 each
10 pax , $559
Corporate tours? Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
This tour is suitable for families, friends, co-workers and lovers. We recommend at least 4 people to maximize enjoyment at Mount Bromo, Mount Ijen and Tumpak Sewu Waterfall. Hotel pick-up and drop-off in central Surabaya provided. Airport pick-up and drop-off can be arranged. Pick up would only be from Banyuwangyi Airport.
Mount Bromo (Indonesian: Gunung Bromo), is an active volcano and part of the Tengger massif, in East Java, Indonesia. At 2,329 metres (7,641 ft) it is not the highest peak of the massif, but is the most well known. The massif area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in East Java, Indonesia. The volcano belongs to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. The name of Bromo derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god. (Wikipedia)
Ijen is a group of composite volcanoes located in Banyuwangi Regency of East Java, Indonesia. Visitors and trekkers alike often chase the blue flames of Ijen, hoping to have a glimpse of the elusive and dazzling phenomenon.
Day 1: Banyuwangyi – Kawah Ijen
- Pick-up from Banyuwangyi Airport. Go to hotel, approximately 0.5 hours drive.
- Check in to El Royale Hotel & Resort, (It will be El Royale Hotel & Resort unless it is unavailable at the time of your booking, we will relocate you to Golden Harvest Resort)
Day 2: Kawah Ijen – Bromo Area
- Checkout around 12:00 am and travel to Paltuding area with breakfast on-the-go.
- Reach Paltuding permit post at approximately 2 am, before hiking to Ijen peak.
- At the peak, we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. As the Blue Flames are dependent on the moon light and rain, sightings are subject to suitable weather. As with other natural phenomena, sightings cannot be guaranteed but we will bring you to the choice view point.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to the Ijen peak before returning to Paltuding.
- Road trip 5-6 hours to Bromo Area.
- Check-in to Bromo Terrace Hotel (*It will always be Bromo Terrace unless there is no availability, we will relocate you to Cafe Lava Hotel) and rest for the night.
Day 3: Bromo Area – Malang
- See the spectacular sunrise from vantage point, Penanjakan, by 4WD jeep at 2:30am
- Continue to Hill of Love for a photo stop. Drive through the Sea of Sand and head towards Bromo Crater.
- At the crater, you can go on foot or ride (rent) a horse/pony. The trip is around 20 minutes. Climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 mins to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- Transfer to jeep and return to Bromo hotel. Enjoy breakfast and checkout by 11 am.
- We will then proceed to waterfall for some picture taking.
- Visit Kampung Warna Warni – Visit the different murals of varying colors to brighten up the neighbourhood.
- Drive to Museum Angkut where it is the largest museum , 3.5ha, in Southeast Asia. Make your way through eight exhibition zones, from the main hall where a collection of legendary vehicles are grandly displayed; to the educational hall where the the history of transportation is visualised; and even the Euro zone where cars from their respective countries are displayed – including a range rover once used by the Queen of England! Outside the museum it is Pasar Apung where it is like a floating market where an assortment of delicacies are sold.
- Check-in to Hotel Atria in Malang City Centre for the night. (If there is no availability, we will use Golden Tulip Hotel)
- You can visit Batu Night Spectacular/night market in Malang on this night.
Day 4: Malang Area – Surabaya Area
- Rise and shine to breakfast at the hotel.
- Visit Tempuk Sewu Waterfall. The journey is about 2-3 hours by car from your hotel. Takes about 1-2 hours to trek in to see the waterfall.
- Have lunch, checkout and depart for Surabaya Area.
- Travel to Surabaya city. Journey will take about 2-3 hours. Estimated time reach Surabaya is about 2pm. (You can also go to Tempak Sewu Waterfall this afternoon)
- Check in to Four Points Sheraton Surabaya. Free and easy and rest for the afternoon and evening.
- Our driver and car will leave after dropping you in Four Points at Sheraton. The hotel is connected by walkway to Tungjunan Plaza and usually customer would want to go for massage, shopping etc.
Day 5: Surabaya
- Wake up and have breakfast at hotel.
- For morning flight out:Once you have checked out, we will transfer you to Juanda International Airport for your next flight. Journey to Surabaya airport is about 1 hour. Airport transfer provided by hotel.
- Free-and-easy for the rest of the day for afternoon or evening flights.
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
MAIN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOMESTAY ACCOMMODATION:
- 1 Driver & 1 Tour Guide
- English-Speaking Tour Guide
- Hotel stay in 4-Star hotel, making the trip comfortable and enjoyable.
Flight Schedule that would suit this trip: There are 3 flights operating from Surabaya to Banyuwangyi everyday with the flight schedule below. Mainly Garuda Indonesia and WingsAir. We would recommend Garuda Indonesia:
Add Ons: Surabaya – Banyuwangyi (Domestic Flight Option)
- If you are unsure which domestic airplane to get to Banyuwangyi from Surabaya, we can help to purchase on your behalf. Be sure to include your EXACT name on passport at check out.
- Should the customer choose this option, it will be a Garuda Indonesia flight departing at 1145am and arriving at 1245pm at Banyuwangyi. It is in the exact same terminal building as the international flight arrival building.
- This is suitable for passengers arriving in Surabaya before 10am.
- This does not include airport transfer from Surabaya hotel to Juanda International Airport.
Add Ons: Entrance Fee For Tumpak Sewu Waterfall, Bromo and Ijen
- Safe the hassle of paying on the spot. We can include the entrance fee so that you won’t have to get down and make payment when you are at the attractions.
- The estimated price is about SGD$80/pax
- We will bear the exchange rate fee. Estimated breakdown:
- Bromo – $35-$40/pax
- Ijen – $25-$35/pax
- Waterfall – $15-$20/pax
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Upon confirmation, we will send you an email with the contact to tie up with for your trip.
What to Bring
- Warm jacket, head cover, good mask (eg. N95), good-grip shoes. Temperatures range from 8 – 22 degrees Celcius in the mountains.
- Socks and gloves (can be purchased at the mountains; subject to availability)
- Sunblock (if needed), torch light and raincoat. (just in case)
- 2 pax = 1 standard room
- 3 pax = 1 standard room + 1 extra bed
- 4 pax = 2 standard rooms
- 5 pax = 2 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 6 pax = 3 standard rooms
- 7 pax = 3 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 8 pax = 4 standard rooms
- 9 pax = 4 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
Want to know what else to do?
Refer to https://tourmountbromo.com/blog/surabaya/ to find out what our experts have to say about Surabaya!
- All fees included in the package. There is no additional tax or hidden fees.
- Standard shared room in the hotels mentioned above.
- 2 Breakfast provided by Hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from/to Surabaya
- Private tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with English/Bahasa Indonesia – speaking guide, French and Dutch speaking driver will be subject to availability upon booking
- Service charge, room tax, VAT, driver and guide expenses, and baggage handling.
Not Inclusive Of
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Domestic flight & domestic airport tax
- All meals i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast included if hotel option selected. However, we will recommend and bring you to places to eat according to your preference.
- Donkey/Horse ride (rent) to carry customer up to Mount Bromo. Estimated at SGD$20 for round trip.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Free Visa for a short visit up to 30 days (non-extendable) given to around many countries enter to and exit from multiple airports and certain seaports. Otherwise Visa on Arrival will be applied currently $35 USD net per entry per person (subject to change without prior notice).
Please note that visa regulations in Indonesia are subject to change of which we cannot be held responsible.
- Entrance Fee to Bromo Crater & Ijen Crater:
- Bromo = Rp 250,000/person (weekday) & Rp 370,000/person (weekend)
- Ijen = Rp 150,000/person (weekday) & Rp 200,000 /person (weekend)
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
- Minimum recommended age of travel is 10 years old.
- Light fitness required to climb up the steps of Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen.
A 90% refund will be issued for cancellations made within 36 hours of booking. The 10% online transaction charge is not refundable.