Mount Bromo/Ijen & North Bali Tour – Hotel (5D/4N)
This tour is suitable for couples or friends who wants to relax and chill in Bali after their hike in Ijen. Hotel pick-up and drop-off in central Surabaya provided. Airport pick-up and drop-off can be arranged.
SGD 699 /PERSON
4 pax, $659 each
6 pax, $609 each
10+ pax, $599 each
Corporate tours? Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
This tour is suitable for families, friends, co-workers and lovers. We recommend at least 4 people to maximize enjoyment at Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen. Hotel pick-up and drop-off in central Surabaya provided. Airport pick-up and drop-off can be arranged.
Mount Bromo (Indonesian: Gunung Bromo), is an active volcano and part of the Tengger massif, in East Java, Indonesia. At 2,329 metres (7,641 ft) it is not the highest peak of the massif, but is the most well known. The massif area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in East Java, Indonesia. The volcano belongs to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. The name of Bromo derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god. (Wikipedia)
The Ijen volcano complex is a group of composite volcanoes in the Banyuwangi Regency of East Java, Indonesia.
It is inside a larger caldera Ijen, which is about 20 kilometres wide. The Gunung Merapi stratovolcano is the highest point of that complex. The name “Gunung Merapi” means “mountain of fire” in the Indonesian language (api being “fire”); Mount Merapi in central Java and Marapi in Sumatra have the same etymology. (Wikipedia)
Day 1: Surabaya – Bromo Area
- Pick-up from Juana International Airport/ hotel in Surabaya.
- Travel to Mount Bromo area.
- Proceed to Madakaripura Waterfall.
- Check-in to Bromo Terrace Hotel (If Bromo Terrace has no availability, we will travel to Malang and check-in to hotel Atria in Malang. You can explore Malang city in the afternoon and visit Batu Night Spectacular (BNS). We depart to Mount Bromo at 11pm, after Bromo tour, will proceed to Madakartipura Waterfall.).
- Video on Bromo Terrace Hotel by one of our customer below:
Day 2: Bromo Area – Kawah Ijen
- See the spectacular sunrise from vantage point, Penanjakan by 4WD jeep at 2:30am
- Continue to Hill of Love for a photo stop. Drive through the Sea of Sand and head towards Bromo Crater. Jeep is a public jeep and includes local Bromo tour guide fee.
- At the crater, you can go on foot or ride (rent) a horse/pony. The trip is around 20 minutes. Climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 mins to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- Transfer to jeep and return to Bromo hotel. Enjoy breakfast at 10:30 am and checkout by 11 am.
- Travel to Ijen area, reaching around 7pm at El Royale Resort.
Day 3: Kawah Ijen (Blue Fire Encounter) – Bali
- Checkout around 12:30 am and travel to Paltuding area with breakfast on-the-go.Local Ijen tour guide is included in this package.
- Reach Paltering permit post at approximately 2 am, before hiking to Ijen peak.
- At the peak, we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. As the Blue Flames are dependent on the moon light and rain, sightings are dependent on suitable weather. As with other natural phenomena, sightings cannot be guaranteed but we will bring you to the choice view point.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to the Ijen peak before returning to Paltuding.
- Return to hotel to freshen up around 10 am and re-energize with breakfast.
- Go to Katapang Indah for ferry to Gilimanuk. (Ferry Fee included)
- Land transfer to hotel in Mimpi Resort Menjangan in Menjangan , Bali. (We have other options in terms of the hotel – Menjangan Dynasty Resort, The Menjangan)
- By the time you are here, you should be tired and just want to relax. A good recommendation is to head over to the Bali Tower Bistro in The Menjangan Hotel for a nice scenic dinner over the trees of the area.
- Rest for the night.
Day 4: Bali
- Rise and Shine and have breakfast in hotel.
- This day is mainly a free and easy day for you to enjoy the beauties of Indonesia.
- Here are some suggested activities to do in Menjangan Island. (Activities fees here are excluded from the package price and you can’t do all 3 listed below in 1 day)
- Horse Back riding into the heart of the unspoiled West Bali National Park on the island’s stunning north west coast.
- Lovina Dolphin Tour. You can take a boat out to sea to catch the dolphins swimming in the north of Bali. Lovina beach is about 2 hours away by car and it might require you to leave as early as 4am.
- Take a diving/snorkelling trip to Menjangan island on a speed boat for a day tour to dive/snorkel around the island.
- Return back to the hotel and rest. Another suggestion is that if you are a couple, you can have a candle light dinner by the beachfront restaurant at the hotel.
Day 5: Bali – Surabaya (Bali Airport/Central Bali)
- Rise and shine at your hotel. Enjoy breakfast at the hotel.
- Pack your bags and get ready to check out of hotel.
- We have 3 options (You can mention which option you would like at the checkout information):
- Option 1: Go to Bali Airport or central Bali ie. Kuta , Seminyak, Ulawatu etc. The journey is about 3-4 hours from Menjangan. Most customers take this option.
- Option 2: Go to Banyuwangyi Airport to catch the 1315pm Garuda Indonesia Plane to Surabaya Airport at 1415pm. It will take 2-3 hours to reach the airport. Would advise to leave by 930am from Menjangan.
- Option 3: Go Back to Surabaya Hotel/airport. We can do this and it will take 8-10 hours car journey back to Surabaya.
- Thank you for the tour and this is the end of the trip.
Vlog: Bromo Terrace Hotel
Vlog: Ijen El Royale Hotel
Vlog: Travel Experience Bromo & Ijen
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
MAIN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOMESTAY ACCOMMODATION:
- English-Speaking Tour Guide
- Hotel stay in 4-Star hotel. Making the trip comfortable and enjoyable.
Flight Schedule that would suit this trip: (Basically, arrive in the morning and depart Surabaya no earlier than 6pm SBY time. This applies if you are taking the flight option as you will arrive in Surabaya at 215pm without delay. Travelling by car will reach Surabaya at 7-8pm. Also, if you are extending in Surabaya beyond this trip then this doesn’t apply.)
For drop off in Bali, it is safer to take planes departing after 4pm on the last day.
- We use 4 star hotel accommodations.
- Standard shared room in the hotels mentioned above.
- 5 Breakfast provided by Hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from/to Surabaya
- Private tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with English/Bahasa Indonesia – speaking guide, French and Dutch speaking driver will be subject to availability upon booking
- Service charge, room tax, VAT, driver and guide expenses, and baggage handling.
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Domestic flight & domestic airport tax
- Meals such as lunch and dinner. Breakfast included by hotel option. However, we will recommend and bring you to places to eat according to your preference.
- Donkey/Horse ride (rent) to carry customer up to Mount Bromo. Estimated at SGD$20 for round trip.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Free Visa for a short visit up to 30 days (non-extendable) given to around many countries enter to and exit from multiple airports and certain seaports. Otherwise Visa on Arrival will be applied currently $35 USD net per entry per person (subject to change without prior notice).
Please note that visa regulations in Indonesia are subject to change of which we cannot be held responsible.
- Entrance Fee to Bromo Crater & Ijen Crater:
- Bromo = Rp 250,000/person (weekday) & Rp 370,000/person (weekend)
- Ijen = Rp 150,000/person (weekday) & Rp 200,000 /person (weekend)
- All attractions and rides in Menjangan.
- Garuda Indonesia Airlines
- Should the customer choose this option, our tour will finish at Banyuwangyi Airport instead of taking the customer by car back to Surabaya.
- Includes Airport Transfer from hotel/resort stay in Ijen to Banyuwangyi Airport
- Flight time is 1 hour and the plane departs Banyuwangyi at 1315pm (WIB, Jakarta time)
- We do not provide the airport transfer from Surabaya airport to Surabaya hotels as it is quite convenient to grab a cab from the airport. The estimated charge is about 200,000 rupiah.
- Safe the hassle of paying on the spot. We can include the entrance fee so that you won’t have to get down and make payment when you are at the attractions.
- The estimated price is about SGD$80/pax
- We will bear the exchange rate fee. Estimated breakdown:
- Bromo – $35-$40/pax
- Ijen – $25-$35/pax
- Waterfall – $15-$20/pax
- Here are other nice resorts in Menjangan that can be worth considering
- The Menjangan – SGD$100/pax
- Menjangan Dynasty Resort – SGD$150/pax
- You can switch the currency at the bottom of the page.
- The above price is for 2 Nights in Menjanan Hotel
This is a Milky Way Tour add on where we will bring you to the top of Bromo Crater from 10pm. This is a weather dependent tour which will rely on clear skies to enjoy the nice stars. We will also require customers to have DSLR. Phone cameras can’t take the nice pictures. Recommended for Photographers or stargazers.
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Upon confirmation, we will send you an email with the contact to tie up with for your trip.
- Warm jacket, head cover, good mask (eg. N95), good-grip shoes. Temperatures range from 8 – 22 degrees Celcius in the mountains.
- Socks and gloves (can be purchased at the mountains; subject to availability)
- Sunblock (if needed), torch light and raincoat. (just in case)
- 2 pax = 1 standard room
- 3 pax = 1 standard room + 1 extra bed
- 4 pax = 2 standard rooms
- 5 pax = 2 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 6 pax = 3 standard rooms
- 7 pax = 3 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 8 pax = 4 standard rooms
- 9 pax = 4 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
- Minimum recommended age of travel is 10 years old.
- Light fitness required to climb up the steps of Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
A 90% refund will be issued for cancellations made within 36 hours of booking. The 10% online transaction charge is not refundable.
Want to know what else to do?
Refer to https://tourmountbromo.com/blog/surabaya/ to find out what our experts have to say about Surabaya!