Mount Bromo & Ijen & Snorkelling Tour – Start with Bromo (4D/3N)
This tour package is perfect for you to enjoy a comfortable luxury trip. We got to Bromo first and then go to Ijen with 1 day of rest in a nice hotel in Ijen.
SGD 649 /PERSON
4 pax, $629 each
6 pax, $619 each
10+ pax, $599 each
Corporate tours? Drop us a note at email@example.com
This tour is suitable for families, friends, co-workers and lovers. We recommend at least 4 people to maximize enjoyment at Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen. Hotel pick-up and drop-off in central Surabaya provided. Airport pick-up and drop-off can be arranged.
Mount Bromo (Indonesian: Gunung Bromo), is an active volcano and part of the Tengger massif, in East Java, Indonesia. At 2,329 metres (7,641 ft) it is not the highest peak of the massif, but is the most well known. The massif area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in East Java, Indonesia. The volcano belongs to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. The name of Bromo derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god. (Wikipedia)
The Ijen volcano complex is a group of composite volcanoes in the Banyuwangi Regency of East Java, Indonesia.
It is inside a larger caldera Ijen, which is about 20 kilometres wide. The Gunung Merapi stratovolcano is the highest point of that complex. The name “Gunung Merapi” means “mountain of fire” in the Indonesian language (api being “fire”); Mount Merapi in central Java and Marapi in Sumatra have the same etymology. (Wikipedia)
Travel Map (4D3N)
Day 1: Surabaya – Bromo Area
- Pick-up from Juana International Airport/ hotel in Surabaya.
- Travel to Mount Bromo area.
- Have lunch en route to Bromo
- Check-in to Jiwa Jawa Bromo and stay for 1 night.
Day 2: Bromo Area – Banyuwangyi (Ijen Area)
- See the spectacular sunrise from vantage point, Penanjakan by 4WD jeep at 2:30am
- Continue to Hill of Love for a photo stop. Drive through the Sea of Sand and head towards Bromo Crater. Jeep is a public jeep and includes local Bromo tour guide fee.
- At the crater, you can go on foot or ride (rent) a horse/pony. The trip is around 20 minutes. Climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 mins to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- Transfer to jeep and return to Bromo hotel. Enjoy breakfast at 10:30 am and checkout by 11 am.
- Travel to Ijen area, visit Madakaripura waterfall en route to Banyuwangyi.
- Check in to Bangsring Breeze Hotel and you will stay here for 2 nights.
Day 3: Banyuwangyi
- Rise and shine.
- Have a nice breakfast
- This day is kept free and easy for you to recharge before climbing Ijen in the night.
- Some of the activities would be Snorkelling, diving, going to Baluran National Park, Mountain Biking in the mountains of IJen etc. You can also just chill by the hotel pool.
- Have dinner and rest for the night. Prepare to leave at midnight.
Day 4: Kawah Ijen (Blue Fire Encounter) – Surabaya
- Checkout around 12:00 am and travel to Paltuding area with breakfast on-the-go.Local Ijen tour guide is included in this package.
- Reach Paltuding permit post at approximately 2 am, before hiking to Ijen peak.
- At the peak, we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. As the Blue Flames are dependent on the moon light and rain, sightings are dependent on suitable weather. As with other natural phenomena, sightings cannot be guaranteed but we will bring you to the choice view point.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to the Ijen peak before returning to Paltuding.
- Road trip 6-7 hours back to Surabaya city. (Optional but highly recommended: 45 min – 1 hour flight option back to Surabaya from Ijen)
- (You can return to hotel after the hike and enjoy breakfast before leaving for Surabaya either by plane or by car)
Vlog: Bromo Terrace Hotel
Vlog: Ijen El Royale Hotel
Vlog: Travel Experience Bromo & Ijen
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide.
In this package, we make use of new cars, higher end hotel accommodation and more experienced guides to serve you.
Flight Schedule that would suit this trip: (Basically, arrive in the morning and depart Surabaya no earlier than 6pm SBY time. This applies if you are taking the flight option as you will arrive in Surabaya at 215pm without delay. Travelling by car will reach Surabaya at 7-8pm. Also, if you are extending in Surabaya beyond this trip then this doesn’t apply.)
Other flights are possible as well. However, not all the places in the iternary we will be able to cover. The main attractions of Bromo and Ijen will definitely be covered.
- Standard shared room in the hotels mentioned above.
- Breakfast provided by Hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from/to Surabaya
- Private tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with English/Bahasa Indonesia – speaking guide, French and Dutch speaking driver will be subject to availability upon booking
- Guides in Bromo and Ijen
- Shared Jeep in Bromo
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Domestic flight & domestic airport tax (Option to add this onto your tour and reduce the hassle of getting on your own)
- Breakfast included and provided by the hotel. Lunch and dinner are excluded. However, we will recommend and bring you to places to eat according to your preference.
- Donkey/Horse ride (rent) to carry customer up to Mount Bromo. Estimated at SGD$15 for round trip.
- Tips for Guides and Drivers (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Entrance Fee to Bromo Crater & Ijen Crater & Waterfall: (You can check the optional entrance fee to include the entrance fee for convenience)
- Bromo = Rp 250,000/person (weekday) & Rp 370,000/person (weekend)
- Ijen = Rp 150,000/person (weekday) & Rp 200,000 /person (weekend)
- Madakaripura Waterfall = Rp 200,000
- Snorkelling or any other attractions/activities fees during the tour
- Garuda Indonesia Airlines
- Should the customer choose this option, our tour will finish at Banyuwangyi Airport instead of taking the customer by car back to Surabaya.
- Includes Airport Transfer from hotel/resort stay in Ijen to Banyuwangyi Airport
- Flight time is 1 hour and the plane departs Banyuwangyi at 1315pm (WIB, Jakarta time)
- We do not provide the airport transfer from Surabaya airport to Surabaya hotels as it is quite convenient to grab a cab from the airport. The estimated charge is about 200,000 rupiah.
- Includes Ferry ticket from Ketapang to Gilimanuk
- Journey takes about 4-5 hours from Ijen to Kuta/Seminyak/Canggu/ Denpasar and Ubud.
- Transfer by Car
- We need to include 1 more night/day car rental fees and also for our staff as you will reach Bali at around late afternoon – evening which means they need to rest and can’t go back to Java Island immediately.
- Safe the hassle of paying on the spot. We can include the entrance fee so that you won’t have to get down and make payment when you are at the attractions.
- The estimated price is about SGD$80/pax
- We will bear the exchange rate fee. Estimated breakdown:
- Bromo – $35-$40/pax
- Ijen – $25-$35/pax
- Waterfall – $15-$20/pax
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Upon confirmation, we will send you an email with the contact to tie up with for your trip.
- Warm jacket, head cover, good mask (eg. N95), good-grip shoes. Temperatures range from 8 – 22 degrees Celcius in the mountains.
- Socks and gloves (can be purchased at the mountains; subject to availability)
- Sunblock (if needed), torch light and raincoat. (just in case)
- 2 pax = 1 standard room
- 3 pax = 1 standard room + 1 extra bed
- 4 pax = 2 standard rooms
- 5 pax = 2 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 6 pax = 3 standard rooms
- 7 pax = 3 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 8 pax = 4 standard rooms
- 9 pax = 4 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
- Minimum recommended age of travel is 10 years old.
- Light fitness required to climb up the steps of Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
A 90% refund will be issued for cancellations made within 36 hours of booking. The 10% online transaction charge is not refundable.
Want to know what else to do?
Refer to https://tourmountbromo.com/blog/surabaya/ to find out what our experts have to say about Surabaya!