Mount Bromo & Mount Ijen Tour – Hotel (3D/2N)
This tour package is our best seller. It is the most popular for anyone who just want to see the 2 volcanoes. We offer hotel accommodations.
SGD 369 /PAX
4 pax, $349 each
6 pax, $329 each
10+ pax, $309 each
Corporate tours? Drop us a note at email@example.com
This tour is suitable for group of family, friends, co-workers and lovers. We recommend if there are at least 4 or more people because you will be able to enjoy Bromo and Ijen together. Hotel Pickup and Drop off in central Surabaya provided. Airport pickup and drop off can be arranged.
Mount Bromo (Indonesian: Gunung Bromo), is an active volcano and part of the Tengger massif, in East Java, Indonesia. At 2,329 metres (7,641 ft) it is not the highest peak of the massif, but is the most well known. The massif area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in East Java, Indonesia. The volcano belongs to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. The name of Bromo derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god. (Wikipedia)
The Ijen volcano complex is a group of composite volcanoes in the Banyuwangi Regency of East Java, Indonesia.
It is inside a larger caldera Ijen, which is about 20 kilometres wide. The Gunung Merapi stratovolcano is the highest point of that complex. The name “Gunung Merapi” means “mountain of fire” in the Indonesian language (api being “fire”); Mount Merapi in central Java and Marapi in Sumatra have the same etymology. (Wikipedia)
Day 1: Surabaya – Bromo Area
- Pick up from Juana International Airport/Hotel in Surabaya.
- Travel to Mount Bromo Area.
- Go to Madakaripura Waterfall or Baobab Safari in the afternoon. (only for groups with morning pick ups before 12 noon)
- Check into Bromo Terrace Hotel or Safari Baobab Hotel & Resort.
Day 2: Bromo Area – Kawah Ijen
- See the spectacular sunrise from Penanjakan (Best view to see Sunrise) by Jeep 4WD at 3:30am
- You will enjoy the beautiful Sunrise then we go back to Jeep 4WD , continue to Hill of Love and you can take a photo stop there. We will go to the Jeep Parking area through the sea of sand and head towards Bromo Crater.
- At the crater, you can go by foot or rent horse/pony. The trip around 20 minutes. You will have to climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 mins to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- Transfer to Jeep and back to Bromo hotel (Only for Bromo Terrace Hotel). Have breakfast at 10:30am and checkout by 11am.
- Travel to Ijen area and reach there around 4pm. Have lunch at local restaurant along the route to Ijen.
- Check in to El Royale Hotel & Resort or Golden Harvest Hotel or similar hotel and rest for the day.
Day 3: Kawah Ijen (Blue Fire Program) – Surabaya
- Checkout around 1:30am and travel to Paltuding area.
- Have breakfast in the car with packet food.
- Reach Paltering at approximately 2am, this is the permit post before hiking to Ijen peak.
- At the peak , we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. The Blue flames is dependent on the moon light and rain. Thus, if the weather is good, you will be able to see the Blue Flames. We cannot guarantee 100% that it will be available due weather but we can guarantee that we bring you to the view point.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to the Ijen peak before going back to Paltuding.
- Return to hotel for shower around 9am and have breakfast.
- Travel back to Surabaya city. The journey time by car is about 6-7 hours. (Optional but highly recommended is to take the flight option back to Surabaya from Ijen as it only takes 45mins – 1 hour flight time)
Our tour is finished here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to changes depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you and make the judgement call. However, we do intent to keep as much as possible to the stated itinerary above.
MAIN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOMESTAY ACCOMMODATION:
- 1 Driver & 1 Tour Guide
- Really English Speaking Tour Guide
- Hotel stay in 4 Star hotel. Making the trip comfortable and enjoyable.
You can take a look at a video summary from one of our customers – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBBz8pFGdp4
Have questions? Just read our FAQ here – https://intercom.help/tourmountbromo/
Why we do not do Homestay – https://intercom.help/tourmountbromo/tour-related-enquiries/why-we-do-not-do-homestay
- Garuda Indonesia Airlines
- Should the customer choose this option, our tour will finish at Banyuwangyi Airport instead of taking the customer by car back to Surabaya.
- Includes Airport Transfer from hotel/resort stay in Ijen to Banyuwangyi Airport
- Flight time is 1 hour and the plane departs Banyuwangyi at 1315pm (WIB, Jakarta time)
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Once confirmed, we will send you a confirmation email with the contact to tie up for your trip.
What to Bring
- Warm Jacket, head cover, good mask, good grip shoes. Temperatures ranges from 8 – 22 degress celcius from 2am – 10am in the mountains.
- Sock and Glove (Can be purchased at the mountains for $5-$10 but these are bought along the roadside from the villagers. Thus, it is not 100% that they will be selling everyday)
- Sunblock (if needed) , torch light and raincoat. (just in case)
- 2 pax = 1 standard room
- 3 pax = 1 standard room + 1 extra bed
- 4 pax = 2 standard rooms
- 5 pax = 2 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 6 pax = 3 standard rooms
- 7 pax = 3 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 8 pax = 4 standard rooms
- 9 pax = 4 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- All fees included in the package. There is no additional tax or hidden fees.
- Standard shared room in the hotels mentioned above.
- 2 Breakfast provided by Hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from/to Surabaya
- Private tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with English/Bahasa Indonesia – speaking guide, French and Dutch speaking driver will be subject to availability upon booking
- Service charge, room tax, VAT, driver and guide expenses, and baggage handling.
Not Inclusive Of
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Domestic flight & domestic airport tax
- All meals i.e. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast included if hotel option selected. However, we will bring you to places to eat just that arranging the payment issue etc is a quite an issue across various dietary preference.
- Donkey/Horse fee to carry customer up to Mount Bromo. Estimated at SGD$50 for round trip.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Free Visa for a short visit up to 30 days (non-extendable) given to around many countries enter to and exit from multiple airports and certain seaports. Otherwise Visa on Arrival will be applied currently $35 USD net per entry per person (subject to change without prior notice).
Please note that visa regulations in Indonesia are subject to change of which we cannot be held responsible.
- Entrance Fee to Bromo Crater & Ijen Crater:
- Bromo = Rp 250,000/person (weekday) & Rp 370,000/person (weekend)
- Ijen = Rp 150,000/person (weekday) & Rp 200,000 /person (weekend)
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
- Minimum age of travel is 13 years old.
- Light fitness requirement to climb up the steps of Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen.
If you cancel within 36 hours from the time that you book, we will issue you a 90% refund. The 10% is due to online transaction charges.