Mount Bromo & Mount Ijen Tour – Hotel (3D/2N)
This tour package is our best seller. It is the most popular for anyone who just wants to see the 2 volcanoes. We offer hotel accommodations.
SGD 379 /PAX
4 pax, $359 each
6 pax, $349 each
10+ pax, $329 each
Corporate tours? Drop us a note at email@example.com
This tour is suitable for families, friends, co-workers and lovers. We recommend at least 4 people to maximize enjoyment at Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen. Hotel pick-up and drop-off in central Surabaya provided. Airport pick-up and drop-off can be arranged.
Mount Bromo (Indonesian: Gunung Bromo), is an active volcano and part of the Tengger massif, in East Java, Indonesia. At 2,329 metres (7,641 ft) it is not the highest peak of the massif, but is the most well known. The massif area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in East Java, Indonesia. The volcano belongs to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. The name of Bromo derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god. (Wikipedia)
The Ijen volcano complex is a group of composite volcanoes in the Banyuwangi Regency of East Java, Indonesia.
It is inside a larger caldera Ijen, which is about 20 kilometres wide. The Gunung Merapi stratovolcano is the highest point of that complex. The name “Gunung Merapi” means “mountain of fire” in the Indonesian language (api being “fire”); Mount Merapi in central Java and Marapi in Sumatra have the same etymology. (Wikipedia)
Day 1: Surabaya – Bromo Area
- Pick-up from Juana International Airport/ hotel in Surabaya.
- Travel to Mount Bromo area.
- Proceed to Madakaripura Waterfall or Baobab Safari Hotel & Resort in the afternoon. (only for groups with morning pick ups before 12 noon)
- Check-in to Bromo Terrace Hotel or Safari Baobab Hotel & Resort.
- Video on Bromo Terrace Hotel by one of our customer below:
Day 2: Bromo Area – Kawah Ijen
- See the spectacular sunrise from vantage point, Penanjakan by 4WD jeep at 3:30 am
- Continue to Hill of Love for a photo stop. Drive through the Sea of Sand and head towards Bromo Crater.
- At the crater, you can go on foot or ride (rent) a horse/pony. The trip is around 20 minutes. Climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 mins to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- Transfer to jeep and return to Bromo hotel. Enjoy breakfast at 10:30 am and checkout by 11 am. (Only for Bromo Terrace Hotel; other guests proceed to Ijen with breakfast en route)
- Travel to Ijen area, reaching around 4 pm. Tuck into lunch at local restaurant en route to Ijen.
- Check in to El Royale Hotel & Resort, Golden Harvest Hotel or similar hotel and rest for the day.
- Video on El Royale Resort by one of our customers below:
Day 3: Kawah Ijen (Blue Fire Encounter) – Surabaya
- Checkout around 1:30 am and travel to Paltuding area with breakfast on-the-go.
- Reach Paltering permit post at approximately 2 am, before hiking to Ijen peak.
- At the peak, we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. As the Blue Flames are dependent on the moon light and rain, sightings are dependent on suitable weather. As with other natural phenomena, sightings cannot be guaranteed but we will bring you to the choice view point.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to the Ijen peak before returning to Paltuding.
- Return to hotel to freshen up around 9 am and re-energize with breakfast.
- Road trip 6-7 hours back to Surabaya city. (Optional but highly recommended: 45 min – 1 hour flight option back to Surabaya from Ijen)
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
MAIN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOMESTAY ACCOMMODATION:
- 1 Driver & 1 Tour Guide
- English-Speaking Tour Guide
- Hotel stay in 4-Star hotel. Making the trip comfortable and enjoyable.
You can take a look at a video summary from one of our customers – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBBz8pFGdp4
Have questions? Just read our FAQs here – https://intercom.help/tourmountbromo/
Why we do not do Homestay – https://intercom.help/tourmountbromo/tour-related-enquiries/why-we-do-not-do-homestay
Ijen – Surabaya (Domestic Flight Option)
- Garuda Indonesia Airlines
- Should the customer choose this option, our tour will finish at Banyuwangyi Airport instead of taking the customer by car back to Surabaya.
- Includes Airport Transfer from hotel/resort stay in Ijen to Banyuwangyi Airport
- Flight time is 1 hour and the plane departs Banyuwangyi at 1315pm (WIB, Jakarta time)
- We do not provide the airport transfer from Surabaya airport to Surabaya hotels as it is quite convenient to grab a cab from the airport. The estimated charge is about 200,000 rupiah.
Ijen – Denpasar (Bali)
- Includes Ferry ticket from Ketapang to Gilimanuk
- Journey takes about 4-5 hours from Ijen to Kuta/Seminyak/Canggu/ Denpasar and Ubud.
- Transfer by Car
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Upon confirmation, we will send you an email with the contact to tie up with for your trip.
What to Bring
- Warm jacket, head cover, good mask (eg. N95), good-grip shoes. Temperatures range from 8 – 22 degrees Celcius in the mountains.
- Socks and gloves (can be purchased at the mountains; subject to availability)
- Sunblock (if needed), torch light and raincoat. (just in case)
- 2 pax = 1 standard room
- 3 pax = 1 standard room + 1 extra bed
- 4 pax = 2 standard rooms
- 5 pax = 2 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 6 pax = 3 standard rooms
- 7 pax = 3 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 8 pax = 4 standard rooms
- 9 pax = 4 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- All fees included in the package. There is no additional tax or hidden fees.
- Standard shared room in the hotels mentioned above.
- 2 Breakfast provided by Hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from/to Surabaya
- Private tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with English/Bahasa Indonesia – speaking guide, French and Dutch speaking driver will be subject to availability upon booking
- Service charge, room tax, VAT, driver and guide expenses, and baggage handling.
Not Inclusive Of
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Domestic flight & domestic airport tax
- All meals i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast included if hotel option selected. However, we will recommend and bring you to places to eat according to your preference.
- Donkey/Horse ride (rent) to carry customer up to Mount Bromo. Estimated at SGD$20 for round trip.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Free Visa for a short visit up to 30 days (non-extendable) given to around many countries enter to and exit from multiple airports and certain seaports. Otherwise Visa on Arrival will be applied currently $35 USD net per entry per person (subject to change without prior notice).
Please note that visa regulations in Indonesia are subject to change of which we cannot be held responsible.
- Entrance Fee to Bromo Crater & Ijen Crater:
- Bromo = Rp 250,000/person (weekday) & Rp 370,000/person (weekend)
- Ijen = Rp 150,000/person (weekday) & Rp 200,000 /person (weekend)
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
- Minimum recommended age of travel is 10 years old.
- Light fitness required to climb up the steps of Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen.
The prices are not valid for the following dates – 21st December – 3rd January 2018. Please email us for exact price due to peak season.
A 90% refund will be issued for cancellations made within 36 hours of booking. The 10% online transaction charge is not refundable.