Mount Bromo & Mount Ijen Tour – Homestay (3D/2N)
This package consists of 1 driver/guide and car transport. Homestay accommodation.
SGD 260 /PAX
4 pax, $240 each
6 pax, $230 each
10+ pax, $210 each
Corporate tours? Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
This tour is suitable for families, friends, co-workers and lovers. We recommend if there are at least 4 or more people because you will be able to maximise enjoyment at Bromo and Ijen. Hotel pick-up and drop-off in central Surabaya provided. Airport pick-up and drop-off can be arranged.
Mount Bromo (Indonesian: Gunung Bromo), is an active volcano and part of the Tengger massif, in East Java, Indonesia. At 2,329 metres (7,641 ft) it is not the highest peak of the massif, but is the most well known. The massif area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in East Java, Indonesia. The volcano belongs to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. The name of Bromo derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god. (Wikipedia)
The Ijen volcano complex is a group of composite volcanoes in the Banyuwangi Regency of East Java, Indonesia.
It is inside a larger caldera Ijen, which is about 20 kilometres wide. The Gunung Merapi stratovolcano is the highest point of that complex. The name “Gunung Merapi” means “mountain of fire” in the Indonesian language (api being “fire”); Mount Merapi in central Java and Marapi in Sumatra have the same etymology. (Wikipedia)
Day 1: Surabaya – Bromo Area
- Pick-up from Juana International Airport/hotel in Surabaya
- Travel to Mount Bromo area
- Visit Madakaripura Waterfall or Baobab Safari in the afternoon (only for groups with morning pick ups before 12 noon)
- Check into Bromo Permai, Adas Villa, Cafe Lave, Cemara Indah or similar homestay
Day 2: Bromo Area – Kawah Ijen
- Leave accommodation by 4WD jeep at 1:30am to see the spectacular sunrise from vantage point, Penanjakan, at 3:30am
- Continue by 4WD jeep to Hill of Love for a photo opportunity. Proceed to Bromo Crater through the Sea of Sand.
- At the crater, you can go on foot or horse/pony ride (rent). The trip around 20 minutes. Climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 mins to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- (A) Bromo Terrace guests : Transfer to jeep and return to Bromo Terrace Hotel. Have breakfast and checkout by 11am. (B) Non-Bromo Terrace guest: proceed to enjoy local breakfast.
- Travel to Ijen area and reach around 4pm. Have lunch at local restaurant en route to Ijen.
- Check in to Arabica, Catimor or Ijen Resto Homestay or similar homestay
Day 3: Kawah Ijen (Blue Fire Program) – Surabaya
- Checkout around 1:30am and travel to Paltuding area with breakfast on-the-go.
- Reach Paltering permit post at approximately 2am, before hiking to Ijen peak.
- At the peak , we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. The Blue flames are dependent on the moon light and rain, thus sightings cannot be guaranteed (as with other natural phenomena) but we will bring you to the vantage view point.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to the Ijen peak before returning to Paltuding.
- Return to hotel for shower around 9am and have breakfast.
- Travel back to Surabaya city. The journey by car is about 6-7 hours. (Optional but highly recommended: take the 45-min – 1 hour flight back to Surabaya from Ijen)
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
KEY DIFFERENCE WITH THE HOTEL ACCOMMODATION:
- 1 Driver/Guide
- Homestay Accommodation
- Average English speaking person
Have questions? Just read our FAQs here – https://intercom.help/tourmountbromo/
- Garuda Indonesia Airlines
- Should the customer choose this option, our tour will end at Banyuwangyi Airport instead of taking the customer by car back to Surabaya.
- Includes Airport Transfer from hotel/resort stay in Ijen to Banyuwangyi Airport
- Flight time is 1 hour and the plane departs Banyuwangyi at 1315 hours (WIB, Jakarta time)
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Upon confirmation, we will send you an email with the contact to tie up with for your trip.
What to Bring
- Warm jacket, head cover, good mask (eg. N95), good-grip shoes. Temperatures range from 8 – 22 degress Celcius from 2am – 10am in the mountains.
- Socks and gloves (on sale by villagers at the mountains, subject to availability)
- Sunblock (if needed), torch light and raincoat. (just in case)
- 2 pax = 1 standard room
- 3 pax = 1 standard room + 1 extra bed
- 4 pax = 2 standard rooms
- 5 pax = 2 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 6 pax = 3 standard rooms
- 7 pax = 3 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 8 pax = 4 standard rooms
- 9 pax = 4 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- All fees included in the package. There is no additional tax or hidden fees.
- Standard shared room in the hotels mentioned above.
- 2 Breakfast provided by Homestay.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from/to Surabaya
- Private tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with English/Bahasa Indonesia – speaking guide, French and Dutch speaking driver will be subject to availability upon booking
- Service charge, room tax, VAT, driver and guide expenses, and baggage handling.
Not Inclusive Of
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Domestic flight & domestic airport tax
- All meals i.e. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast included if hotel option selected. However, we will bring you to places to eat just that arranging the payment issue etc is a quite an issue across various dietary preference.
- Donkey/Horse ride (rent) to carry customer up to Mount Bromo. Estimated at SGD$50 for round trip.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Free Visa for a short visit up to 30 days (non-extendable) given to around many countries enter to and exit from multiple airports and certain seaports. Otherwise Visa on Arrival will be applied currently $35 USD net per entry per person (subject to change without prior notice).
Please note that visa regulations in Indonesia are subject to change of which we cannot be held responsible.
- Entrance Fee to Bromo Crater & Ijen Crater:
- Bromo = Rp 250,000/person (weekday) & Rp 370,000/person (weekend)
- Ijen = Rp 150,000/person (weekday) & Rp 200,000 /person (weekend)
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
- Minimum age of travel is 13 years old.
- Light fitness requirement to climb up the steps of Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen.
The prices are not valid for the following dates – 21st December – 3rd January 2018. Please email us for exact price due to peak season.
A 90% refund will be issued for cancellations made within 36 hours of booking. The 10% online transaction charge is not refundable.