Mount Bromo Sunrise Day Trip (1D/1N)
A unforgettable trip to witness the spectacular sunrise on top of Mount Bromo not to be missed
USD 108 /PERSON
Corporate tours? Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
This tour is suitable for families, friends, co-workers and lovers. This is our budget package, good for 2 people or more. Solo travelers are advised to contact us. Hotel pick-up and drop-off in central Surabaya provided. Surabaya airport and train station pick-up and drop-off can be arranged.
Mount Bromo (Indonesian: Gunung Bromo), is an active volcano and part of the Tengger massif, in East Java, Indonesia. At 2,329 metres (7,641 ft) it is not the highest peak of the massif, but is the most well known. The massif area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in East Java, Indonesia. The volcano belongs to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. The name of Bromo derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god. (Wikipedia)
Located not too far from Mount Bromo near the village of Sapih, Madakaripura Waterfall is believed to be the final meditation place of military Commander-in-Chief, Gajah Mada, of the great Javanese kingdom of Majapahit in East Java. The magnificent natural sight is fondly known as the the eternal waterfall, since its waters never cease to pour down an overflowing rain of blessings on those fortunate enough to walk underneath it. (Indonesia Travel)
Day 1: Surabaya – Bromo Area
- Pick-up from Juanda International Airport or Surabaya Hotel (Any hotel in the Surabaya City) or Surabaya Train Station around 1130pm.
- i.e. if you book on the 17th of June, we will pick you up at 1130pm on the 17th of June at your hotel. Day 2 listed here will be 18th March
- Travel to Mount Bromo area. The journey will take about 3-4 hours.
Day 2: Bromo Area – Surabaya
- Arrive in Cemara Lawang and transfer to a shared 4WD jeep at approximately 2:30am -3am to see the spectacular sunrise from vantage point, Penanjakan, at 3:30am. This will be a shared jeep and will include a local bromo guide/driver.
- Continue by 4WD jeep to Hill of Love for a photo opportunity. Proceed to Bromo Crater through the Sea of Sand.
- At the crater, you can go on foot or via horse/pony ride (Optional, rent fee not included). The trip is around 20 minutes. Climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 mins to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- After which, at around 8am, you will return to Cemara Lawang
- Head to Madakaripura Waterfall to enjoy the magnificent natural sight (Entrance and motorbike fee of SGD$20 excluded)
- We will drop you off at your requested hotel, airport or train station in Surabaya at around 12pm – 1pm (if you are not going to the waterfall). You will arrive in Surabaya around 3-4pm if you are going to the waterfall.
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
- English/Bahasa Indonesia speaking guide, French and Dutch speaking driver will be subject to availability upon booking
- All transportation fees by air-conditioned vehicle
- Private tour
- Hotel/Train Station/Airport pickup and drop-off from/to Surabaya
- Water & Refreshments
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Domestic flight & domestic airport tax.
- Donkey/Horse ride (rent) to carry customer up to Mount Bromo. Estimated at SGD$50 for round trip.
- Entrance Fees
Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park (Estimated at SGD $30)
Madakaripura Waterfalls & Motorbike (Estimated at SGD$20 for a round trip)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Free Visa for a short visit up to 30 days (non-extendable) given to around many countries enter to and exit from multiple airports and certain seaports. Otherwise Visa on Arrival will be applied currently $35 USD net per entry per person (subject to change without prior notice).
Please note that visa regulations in Indonesia are subject to change of which we cannot be held responsible.
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Upon confirmation, we will send you an email with the contact to tie up with for your trip.
- Warm jacket, head cover, good mask (eg. N95), good-grip shoes. Temperatures range from 8 – 22 degress Celcius from 2am – 10am in the mountains.
- Socks and gloves (on sale by villagers at the mountains, subject to availability)
- Sunblock (if needed), torch light and raincoat. (just in case)
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
- Minimum age of travel is 3 years old.
- Light fitness requirement to climb up the steps of Mount Bromo.
A 90% refund will be issued for cancellations made within 36 hours of booking. The 10% online transaction charge is not refundable.
Want to know what else to do?
Refer to https://flymya.wpengine.com/blog/surabaya/ to find out what our experts have to say about Surabaya!