Mount Ijen Tour – From Bali (2D/1N)
This tour is for travellers who want to visit the Blue Flames from Bali. We are able to pick you up from Bali and bring you around in Ijen.
4 pax, $220each
5-9 pax, $200each
10+ pax, $190 each
Corporate tours? Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
Day 1: South Bali – Banyuwangyi
- Pick up from South Bali area at your hotel around 8am. South Bali means Kuta, Seminyak, Nusa Dua, Ulawatu , Canggu area.
- Travel towards Gilimanuk pier to board ship to Ketapang Indah (Banyuwangyi, Java Island)
- Arrive at Ketapang Indah. Approximately 5 hours driving from South Bali.
- Travel to El Royale Hotel & Resort to check in around 2-3pm and rest for the day.
Day 2: Banyuwangyi – South Bali
- Checkout around 12:30 am and travel to Paltuding area with breakfast on-the-go.
- Reach Paltuding permit post at approximately 2 am, before hiking to Ijen peak.
- At the peak, we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. As the Blue Flames are dependent on the moon light and rain, sightings are dependent on suitable weather. As with other natural phenomena, sightings cannot be guaranteed but we will bring you to the choice view point.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to the Ijen peak before returning to Paltuding.
- Return to hotel to freshen up around 9 am and re-energize with breakfast.
- Travel back to South Bali.
- Reach hotel in South Bali approximately 5-7pm depending on traffic.
- Our tour ends here.
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Upon confirmation, we will send you an email with the contact to tie up with for your trip.
What to Bring
- Warm jacket, head cover, good-grip shoes. Temperatures range from 8 – 22 degrees Celcius from 2am – 10am in the mountains.
- Socks and gloves (can be purchased from villagers at the mountains; subject to availability)
- Sunblock (if needed), torch light and raincoat (just in case)
- 2 pax = 1 standard room
- 3 pax = 1 standard room + 1 extra bed
- 4 pax = 2 standard rooms
- 5 pax = 2 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 6 pax = 3 standard rooms
- 7 pax = 3 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 8 pax = 4 standard rooms
- 9 pax = 4 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
Want to know what else to do?
Refer to https://tourmountbromo.com/blog/surabaya/ to find out what our experts have to say about Surabaya!
- All fees included in the package. There is no additional tax or hidden fees.
- Standard shared room in the hotels mentioned above.
- 1 Breakfast
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from/to South Bali
- Private tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with English/Bahasa Indonesia – speaking guide, French and Dutch speaking driver will be subject to availability upon booking
- Service charge, room tax, VAT, driver and guide expenses, and baggage handling.
Not Inclusive Of
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- International flight & international airport tax
- All meals i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast included if hotel option selected. However, we will bring you to places to eat depending on your preference.
- Donkey/Horse ride (rent) to carry customer up to Mount Bromo. Estimated at SGD$50 for round trip.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Free Visa for a short visit up to 30 days (non-extendable) given to around many countries enter to and exit from multiple airports and certain seaports. Otherwise Visa on Arrival will be applied currently $35 USD net per entry per person (subject to change without prior notice).
Please note that visa regulations in Indonesia are subject to change of which we cannot be held responsible.
- Entrance Fee to Ijen:
- Ijen = Rp 150,000/person (weekday) & Rp 200,000 /person (weekend)
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate.
- Light fitness is required to climb up the steps of Mount Bromo.
A 100% refund will be issued for cancellations made within 36 hours of booking.