Mount Ijen Tour – Start From Surabaya (2D/1N)
This tour package is our best seller. We got to Bromo first and then go to Ijen. This package has several options such as hotel accommodation, 4D3N option, Bali drop off, etc.
SGD 250 /PERSON
3-6 pax, $210 each person
7-8 pax, $180 each person
9-10+ pax, $150 each person
Book Early So We Can Confirm The Trip
This tour is suitable for families, friends, co-workers and lovers. We recommend at least 4 people to maximize enjoyment at Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen. Hotel pick-up and drop-off in central Surabaya provided. Airport pick-up and drop-off can be arranged.
Mount Bromo (Indonesian: Gunung Bromo), is an active volcano and part of the Tengger massif, in East Java, Indonesia. At 2,329 metres (7,641 ft) it is not the highest peak of the massif, but is the most well known. The massif area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in East Java, Indonesia. The volcano belongs to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. The name of Bromo derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god. (Wikipedia)
The Ijen volcano complex is a group of composite volcanoes in the Banyuwangi Regency of East Java, Indonesia.
It is inside a larger caldera Ijen, which is about 20 kilometres wide. The Gunung Merapi stratovolcano is the highest point of that complex. The name “Gunung Merapi” means “mountain of fire” in the Indonesian language (api being “fire”); Mount Merapi in central Java and Marapi in Sumatra have the same etymology. (Wikipedia)
Day 1: Surabaya – Ijen Area
- Pick-up from Juana International Airport/ hotel in Surabaya. We can also do pick up in gubeng train station or Surabaya hotel. Preferably before 12 noon.
- Travel to Ijen area. Lunch en route to Bondowoso. Travelling time is 5-6 hours.
- Check into Grand Padi Hotel in Bondowoso
- Rest and have dinner and prepare for the Ijen hike in the evening.
Day 2: Kawah Ijen (Blue Fire Encounter) – Surabaya
- Checkout around 12:00 am and travel to Paltuding area with breakfast on-the-go.Local Ijen tour guide is included in this package.
- Reach Paltuding permit post at approximately 2 am, before hiking to Ijen peak.
- At the peak, we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. As the Blue Flames are dependent on the moon light and rain, sightings are dependent on suitable weather. As with other natural phenomena, sightings cannot be guaranteed but we will bring you to the choice view point.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to the Ijen peak before returning to Paltuding.
- Road trip 6-7 hours back to Surabaya city. (Optional but highly recommended: 45 min – 1 hour flight option back to Surabaya from Ijen)
- We also provide drop off to anywhere in Bali as one of the add-on option.
Vlog: Travel Experience Bromo & Ijen
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
Flight Schedule that would suit this trip: (Basically, arrive in the morning and depart Surabaya no earlier than 6pm SBY time. This applies if you are taking the flight option as you will arrive in Surabaya at 215pm without delay. Travelling by car will reach Surabaya at 7-8pm. Also, if you are extending in Surabaya beyond this trip then this doesn’t apply.)
Other flights are possible as well. However, not all the places in the iternary we will be able to cover. The main attractions of Bromo and Ijen will definitely be covered. Not sure the prices? Try searching for your flights below and skyscanner can also alert you on price changes.
Search for flight tickets here:
- Standard shared room in the accommodations mentioned above.
- Breakfast provided by accommodations.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from/to Surabaya
- Private tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with basic English speaking driver. If hotel option selected, we will arrange a better English and more experienced driver. For grps of 3 pax and above, we will arrange 1 tour guide to follow you throughout the trip.
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Domestic flight & domestic airport tax (Option to add this onto your tour and reduce the hassle of getting on your own)
- Breakfast included and provided by the accomodation. Lunch and dinner are excluded. However, we will recommend and bring you to places to eat according to your preference.
- Donkey/Horse ride (rent) to carry customer up to Mount Bromo. Estimated at SGD$15 for round trip.
- Tips for Guides and Drivers (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Entrance Fee to Bromo Crater & Ijen Crater & Waterfall: (You can check the optional entrance fee to include the entrance fee for convenience) Below are estimated fees.
- Bromo = Rp 250,000/person (weekday) & Rp 370,000/person (weekend)
- Ijen = Rp 200,000/person (weekday) & Rp 250,000 /person (weekend)
- Madakaripura Waterfall = Rp 200,000
Lion Air Airlines
- Should the customer choose this option, our tour will finish at Banyuwangyi Airport instead of taking the customer by car back to Surabaya.
- Includes Airport Transfer from hotel/resort stay in Ijen to Banyuwangyi Airport
- Flight time is 1 hour and the plane departs Banyuwangyi at 1315pm (WIB, Jakarta time)
- We do not provide the airport transfer from Surabaya airport to Surabaya hotels as it is quite convenient to grab a cab from the airport. The estimated charge is about 200,000 rupiah.
- Checkin luggage of 15kg included.
- Garuda Indonesia does not fly direct from Banyuwangyi to Surabaya anymore.
Bali Drop Off:
- Includes Ferry ticket from Ketapang to Gilimanuk
- Journey takes about 4-5 hours from Ijen to Kuta/Seminyak/Canggu/ Denpasar and Ubud.
- Transfer by Car
- We need to include 1 more night/day car rental fees and also for our staff as you will reach Bali at around late afternoon – evening which means they need to rest and can’t go back to Java Island immediately.
- Entrance Fee to Ijen Crater & Waterfall: (You can check the optional entrance fee to include the entrance fee for convenience) Below are estimated fees.
- Ijen = Rp 200,000/person (weekday) & Rp 250,000 /person (weekend)
- If you check this out, it saves the hassle of coming down the vehicle to pay and you don’t have to bring extra cash for the entrance fee.
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Upon confirmation, we will send you an email with the contact to tie up with for your trip.
- Warm jacket, head cover, good mask (eg. N95), good-grip shoes. Temperatures range from 8 – 22 degrees Celcius in the mountains.
- Socks and gloves (can be purchased at the mountains; subject to availability)
- Sunblock (if needed), torch light and raincoat. (just in case)
- 2 pax = 1 standard room
- 3 pax = 1 standard room + 1 extra bed
- 4 pax = 2 standard rooms
- 5 pax = 2 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 6 pax = 3 standard rooms
- 7 pax = 3 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 8 pax = 4 standard rooms
- 9 pax = 4 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
- Minimum recommended age of travel is 10 years old.
- Light fitness required to climb up the steps of Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
A 90% refund will be issued for cancellations made within 36 hours of booking. The 10% online transaction charge is not refundable.
Want to know what else to do?
Refer to https://tourmountbromo.com/blog/surabaya/ to find out what our experts have to say about Surabaya!