Mount Rinjani & Gili Island Tour (5D/4N)
The tour covers the best of both worlds – the magnificent Mount Rinjani and the beautiful Gili islands.
USD 418 /PERSON
4 pax, $559 each
6 pax, $549 each
10+ pax, $529 each
Corporate tours? Drop us a note at email@example.com
This tour is suitable for families, friends, co-workers and lovers. We recommend at least 4 people because you will be able to maximize enjoyment at Mount Rinjani and Gili island. This trip is perfect for those who love sports and hiking.
At 3,726 m, Rinjani is the second highest volcano in Indonesia, second only to Mount Kerinci on Sumatra, and it dominates the landscape of the relatively small island of Lombok. Within its huge 50 km² caldera sits the crater lake Segara Anak (Child of the Sea). Eruptions within the caldera have formed a new small cone called appropriately enough, Gunung Baru (New Mountain). Segara Anak has a natural hot spring.
The Gili Islands are a group of 3 tiny islands – Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno and Gili Air – in Indonesia, near the coast of northwest Lombok Island. Characterized by sandy beaches fringed with palm trees, they’re known for their coral reefs just offshore. On the smallest island of Gili Meno, sea turtles swim at Turtle Point. At Gili Trawangan, the largest island, a sunken ship sits at Wreck Point near Mentigi Beach.
Day 1: Lombok Airport – Senaru Village
- Pick-up at Lombok international Airport and transfer to Sembalun, a 2-3 hours drive. (Let us know the flight itinerary at check out)
- Check in at one of the pre-booked accommodations; meet your guide and porters; get briefed about the mountain trek including do’s and dont’s.
- Relax with free-and-easy time in Sembalun.
- Rest well and prepare for the hike up to Rinjani.
- *We would recommend to fly into Lombok International Airport for customers instead of taking the ferry from Bali as it is more convenient.
DAY 2 : Sembalun – Crater Camp Site
- Early rise and shine in hotel and start the trip at 6-7am.
- Register at the Rinjani Information Centre (RIC) in Sembalun Lawang. Start the trek with gentle ascent walking through open grassland to Pos 1 Pemantauan (1,300m). Rest and enjoy the summit views of Mt. Rinjani from here. The journey takes about 2-3 hours of hiking.
- After rest, proceed onto Pos 2 Tengengean (1,500 m) which is about 1 hour walk up from Pos 1 Pemantauan. Move onto Pos 3 Padebalong (1,800 m) which takes around 1.5 hours. You will reach this point around 1 pm. Rest and Lunch.
- After lunch, continue the trek up to Sembalun Crater Rim (2,639m); this is a 3.5-hour climb amidst the pine-like Casuarinas species locally known as Cemara, perhaps catching a glimpse of wild pigs and the long-tailed grey macaque monkeys along the trek to the camp site at Plawangan Sembalun (Sembalun crater rim 2,639 m).
- Reach the camp site around 5pm, pitch your tent and enjoy the views of the crater rim. Dinner is served at the camp site. Rest and prepare yourself to wake up early for the trek to the Summit on the following day.
DAY 3 : Crater Camp Site – Rinjani Summit – Sembalun – Gili Trawangan
- Wake up early and start the trek at 03:00 AM to the summit (3,726 m), a moderately difficult trek trail on volcanic screens, some parts are steep and with loose sand. It takes around 3 hours to reach the summit.
- Once there, revel in satisfaction and be awed by the amazing sunrise views across the Wallace Line to Bali, Mt. Agung and Sumbawa.
- Stay at the summit for 30 minutes to 1 hour to enjoy the views around and then descend to the campsite Sembalun crater rim via same route.
- Rest and have breakfast at the campsite. After a well-prepared breakfast, descend with gentle walk to Sembalun Village passing Pos 3 Padabalong (1,800 m), Pos 2 Tengengean (1,500 m) and Pos 1 Pemantauan (1,300). Lunch served en route.
- After about 6 – 7 hours trek down from Sembalun Crater rim, the trek ends at Rinjani Information Center at the road head in Sembalun Lawang, where the car is waiting to transfer you to Gili Trawangan Island.
- The journey to Gili Trawangan is about 2-3 hours by car. You will be transferred to a jetty where you will take a speed boat to Gili Trawangan. Dinner en route to Gili Trawangan.
- Check into Gili Khayangan and relax for the night because you deserve it.
DAY 4: Gili Islands Snorkelling
- Enjoy breakfast. Pick up from hotel at 9:30am.
- Arrive at Teluk Nara at 10:30am.
- Jump into snorkeling in the crystal-clear waters around Gili Islands (Gili T/M/A) at 11:00am. You can enjoy the fantastic underwater views. Here you can swim alongside and feed the fishes; try to spot cutie Nemo (clown fish) and Hawksbill sea turtles.
- Have a little rest and enjoy authentic local food in North Gili T at 12:30pm. Get ready for round 2 of snorkelling (yeah!).
- Start snorkeling again at 3:00pm, this time you can see the ancient sunken ships. If you are exhausted, you can also choose to take a stroll beside the azure blue sea or picnic on the soft, white sand.
- Round up snorkeling and return to the harbour. Head back to the hotel at 6:00pm.
- Have dinner at the surrounding restaurants and pubs.
- Rest and chill for the night.
DAY 5 : Gili Trawangan – Lombok Airport
- Enjoy breakfast at hotel and prepare to leave at 8am from the hotel.
- Free and easy
- Don’t miss the famous swing on the sea. Record this amazing view.
- Rest and checkout by noon.
- Drop off at Lombok International Airport. The journey is about 2-3 hours.
- Preferable for flight departure to be after 5pm.
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to adhere to the itinerary stated above.
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Upon confirmation, we will send you an email with the contact to tie up with for your trip.
What to Bring
- Warm jacket, head cover, good mask (eg. N95), good-grip shoes. Temperatures range from 7 – 22 degrees Celcius in the mountains.
- Socks and gloves (on sale at the mountains by villagers; subject to availability)
- Sunblock (if needed), torch light and raincoat (just in case)
- 2 pax = 1 standard room
- 3 pax = 1 standard room + 1 extra bed
- 4 pax = 2 standard rooms
- 5 pax = 2 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 6 pax = 3 standard rooms
- 7 pax = 3 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 8 pax = 4 standard rooms
- 9 pax = 4 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- Private tour
- All meals provided in Day 1- Day 3.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with English/Bahasa Indonesia – speaking guide, French and Dutch speaking driver will be subject to availability upon booking
- Service charge, room tax, VAT, driver and guide expenses, and baggage handling.
- Mandatory items including tents to set up camp that is needed for the hike would be provided.
Not Inclusive Of
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- International flight & international airport tax – This refers to flight from home country to Lombok.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Lunch and dinner on Day 4 and Day 5 as meals are easily obtained in Gili Trawangan
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Free Visa for a short visit up to 30 days (non-extendable) given to around many countries enter to and exit from multiple airports and certain seaports. Otherwise Visa on Arrival will be applied currently $35 USD net per entry per person (subject to change without prior notice).
Please note that visa regulations in Indonesia are subject to change of which we cannot be held responsible.
- Does not include snorkelling/diving expenses.
- Boat Expenses to Gili Air, Gili Menor or back to Gili Trawangan.
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
- Minimum recommended age of travel is 10 years old.
- Moderate fitness required to climb up Mount Rinjani.
A 90% refund will be issued for cancellations made within 36 hours from booking. The 10% online transaction charge is not refundable.