Mount Rinjani & Senggigi Tour (4D/3N)
This tour covers the magnificent Mount Rinjani and the beautiful Senggigi beach.
USD 360 /PERSON
4 pax, $479 each
6 pax, $469 each
10+ pax, $449 each
Corporate tours? Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
This tour is suitable for families, friends, co-workers and lovers. We recommend at least 4 people for maximum enjoyment of Rinjani and Senggigi. This trip is perfect for folks who love sports, hiking, and the great outdoors.
At 3,726 m, Rinjani is the second highest volcano in Indonesia, second only to Mount Kerinci on Sumatra, and it dominates the landscape of the relatively small island of Lombok.Within its huge 50 km² caldera sits the crater lake Segara Anak (Child of the Sea). Eruptions within the caldera have formed a new small cone called appropriately enough, Gunung Baru (New Mountain). Segara Anak has a natural hot spring.
Senggigi is the main tourist strip of the Indonesian island of Lombok, stretched out along several kilometers of the beachfront just to the north of the capital, Mataram. The site of a building frenzy in the late 1990s when Lombok was hyped to be the next Bali. However, the communal violence of 2000 and the 2002 Bali bombing dealt Senggigi a severe blow, with tourist numbers declining precipitously and many construction projects halted.
Day 1: Lombok Airport – Senaru Village
- Pick-up at Lombok international Airport and transfer to Sembalun, a 2-3 hours drive. (Let us know the flight itinerary at check out)
- Travel through Mataram City and drive past Senggigi Beach.
- Check in at one of the pre-booked accommodations; meet your guide and porters; get briefed about the mountain trek including do’s and dont’s.
- Relax with free-and-easy time in Sembalun.
- Rest well and prepare for the hike up to Rinjani.
- *We would recommend to fly into Lombok International Airport for customers instead of taking the ferry from Bali as it is more convenient.
DAY 2 : Sembalun – Crater Camp Site
- Early rise and shine in hotel and start the trip at 6-7am.
- Register at the Rinjani Information Centre (RIC) in Sembalun Lawang. Start the trek with gentle ascent walking through open grassland to Pos 1 Pemantauan (1,300m). Rest and enjoy the summit views of Mt. Rinjani from here. The journey takes about 2-3 hours of hiking.
- After rest, proceed onto Pos 2 Tengengean (1,500 m) which is about 1 hour walk up from Pos 1 Pemantauan. Move onto Pos 3 Padabalong (1,800 m) which takes around 1.5hours. You will reach this point around 1 pm. Rest and Lunch.
- After lunch, continue the trek up to Sembalun Crater Rim (2,639m); this is a 3.5-hour climb amidst the pine-like Casuarinas species locally known as Cemara, perhaps catching a glimpse of wild pigs and the long-tailed grey macaque monkeys along the trek to the camp site at Plawangan Sembalun (Sembalun crater rim 2,639 m).
- Reach the camp site around 5pm, pitch your tent and enjoy the views of the crater rim. Dinner is served at the camp site. Rest and prepare yourself to wake up early for the trek to the Summit on the following day.
DAY 3 : Crater Camp Site – Rinjani Summit – Sembalun – Senggigi Beach
- Wake up early and start the trek at 03:00 AM to the summit (3,726 m), a moderately difficult trek trail on volcanic screens, some part are steep and with loose sand. It takes around 3 hours to reach the summit.
- Once there, revel in satisfaction and be awed by the amazing sunrise views across the Wallace Line to Bali, Mt. Agung and Sumbawa.
- Stay at the summit for 30 minutes to 1 hour to enjoy the views around and then descend to the campsite Sembalun crater rim via same route.
- Rest and have breakfast at the campsite. After a well-prepared breakfast, descend with gentle walk to Sembalun Village passing Pos 3 Padabalong (1,800 m), Pos 2 Tengengean (1,500 m) and Pos 1 Pemantauan (1,300). Lunch served en route.
- After about 6 – 7 hours trek down from Sembalun Crater rim, the trek ends at Rinjani Information Center at the road head in Sembalun Lawang, where the car is waiting to transfer you to Senggigi Beach. It will be around 6-7pm in the evening at this point.
- Check into Sheraton Senggigi Beach Hotel (5-star hotel and resort) and rest for the night.
DAY 4: Senggigi Beach – Lombok International Airport
- Enjoy breakfast at hotel
- Go to Senggigi beach and enjoy the view and scenery.
- Water sports available at this location. (At your own expense)
- Head back to hotel and checkout by noon-1pm.
- Drop off at Lombok International Airport. The journey is about 1-2 hours car ride
- End of tour
- *We would recommend departures from Lombok Airport after 5pm.
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to changes depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Upon confirmation, we will send you an email with the contact to tie up with for your trip.
What to Bring
- Warm jacket, head cover and good-grip shoes. Temperatures range from 7 – 22 degrees Celcius in the mountains.
- Socks and gloves (on sale at the mountains by villagers; subject to availability).
- Sunblock (if needed), torch light and raincoat (just in case).
- 2 pax = 1 standard room
- 3 pax = 1 standard room + 1 extra bed
- 4 pax = 2 standard rooms
- 5 pax = 2 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 6 pax = 3 standard rooms
- 7 pax = 3 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 8 pax = 4 standard rooms
- 9 pax = 4 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- All fees included in the package. There is no additional tax or hidden fees.
- Private tour
- All meals provided except Lunch and dinner in Day 4 and Dinner in Day 3.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with English/Bahasa Indonesia – speaking guide, French and Dutch speaking driver will be subject to availability upon booking
- Service charge, room tax, VAT, driver and guide expenses, and baggage handling.
- Mandatory items including tents to set up camp that is needed for the hike would be provided.
Not Inclusive Of
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- International flight & international airport tax – This refers to flight from home country to Lombok.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Free Visa for a short visit up to 30 days (non-extendable) given to around many countries enter to and exit from multiple airports and certain seaports. Otherwise Visa on Arrival will be applied currently $35 USD net per entry per person (subject to change without prior notice).
Please note that visa regulations in Indonesia are subject to change of which we cannot be held responsible.
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
- Minimum recommended age of travel is 10 years old.
- Medium to high fitness required to climb up Mount Rinjani
A 90% refund will be issued for cancellations made within 36 hours of booking. The 10% online transaction charge is not refundable.