Mount Rinjani Summit (3D/2N)
This tour covers the magnificent Mount Rinjani. For medium to advance hikers. Training is strongly advised.
SGD 399 /PAX
4 pax, $379 each
6 pax, $359 each
10+ pax, $339 each
Corporate tours? Drop us a note at email@example.com
This tour is suitable for families, friends, co-workers and lovers. We recommend at least 4 people to fully enjoy the Rinjani hike. This trip is perfect for those who love the great outdoors, sports and hiking.
This program will take you to Mt. Rinjani’s Summit 3,726 MASL. You’ll be picked up from airport, harbour, or anywhere in Lombok prior to the trek, transferred to Lembah Rinjani Homestay in Sembalun, giving you time to be well-prepared for the next-day challenging trek. Starting and ending in Sembalun (Bawak Nao) providing spectacular views of the Crater Lake (Segara Anak) within the volcano’s crater and stunning sunrise over the summit.
The Gili Islands are a group of 3 tiny islands – Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno and Gili Air – in Indonesia, near the coast of northwest Lombok Island. Characterized by sandy beaches fringed with palm trees, they’re known for their coral reefs just offshore. On the smallest island of Gili Meno, sea turtles swim at Turtle Point. At Gili Trawangan, the largest island, a sunken ship sits at Wreck Point near Mentigi Beach.
Day 1: Lombok Airport – Senaru Village
- Pick-up at Lombok international Airport and transfer to Sembalun, a 2-3 hours drive. (Let us know the flight itinerary at check out)
- Travel through Mataram City and drive past Senggigi Beach.
- Check in at one of the pre-booked accommodations; meet your guide and porters; get briefed about the mountain trek including do’s and dont’s.
- Relax with free-and-easy time in Sembalun.
- Rest well and prepare for the hike up to Rinjani.
- *We would recommend to fly into Lombok International Airport for customers instead of taking the ferry from Bali as it is more convenient.
DAY 2 : Sembalun – Crater Camp Site
- Early rise and shine in hotel and start the trip at 6-7am.
- Register at the Rinjani Information Centre (RIC) in Sembalun Lawang. Start the trek with gentle ascent walking through open grassland to Pos 1 Pemantauan (1,300m). Rest and enjoy the summit views of Mt. Rinjani from here. The journey takes about 2-3 hours of hiking.
- After rest, proceed onto Pos 2 Tengengean (1,500 m) which is about 1 hour walk up from Pos 1 Pemantauan. Move onto Pos 3 Padabalong (1,800 m) which takes around 1.5 hours. You will reach this point around 1 pm. Rest and Lunch.
- After lunch, continue the trek up to Sembalun Crater Rim (2,639m); this is a 3.5-hour climb amidst the pine-like Casuarinas species locally known as Cemara, perhaps catching a glimpse of wild pigs and the long-tailed grey macaque monkeys along the trek to the camp site at Plawangan Sembalun (Sembalun crater rim 2,639 m).
- Reach the camp site around 5pm, pitch your tent and enjoy the views of the crater rim. Dinner is served at the camp site. Rest and prepare yourself to wake up early for the trek to the Summit on the following day.
DAY 3 : Crater Camp Site – Rinjani Summit – Sembalun – End of Tour
- Wake up early and start the trek at 03:00 AM to the summit (3,726 m), a moderately difficult trek trail on volcanic screens, some parts are steep and with loose sand. It takes around 3 hours to reach the summit.
- Once there, revel in satisfaction and be awed by the amazing sunrise views across the Wallace Line to Bali, Mt. Agung and Sumbawa.
- Stay at the summit for 30 minutes to 1 hour to enjoy the views around and then descend to the campsite Sembalun crater rim via same route.
- Rest and have breakfast at the campsite. After a well-prepared breakfast, descend with gentle walk to Sembalun Village passing Pos 3 Padabalong (1,800 m), Pos 2 Tengengean (1,500 m) and Pos 1 Pemantauan (1,300). Lunch served en route.
- After about 6 – 7 hours trek down from Sembalun Crater rim, the trek ends at Rinjani Information Center at the road head in Sembalun Lawang, where the car is waiting to transfer you to the airport, Senggigi, Bangsal or Mataram. It will be around 6-7pm in the evening at this point.
- Programme ends here.
- * We would recommend a night stay in a nice hotel in Mataram as a form of relaxation after a long hike.
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Upon confirmation, we will send you an email with the contact to tie up with for your trip.
What to Bring
- Warm jacket, head cover, good-grip shoes. Temperatures ranges from 7 – 22 degrees Celcius in the mountains.
- Socks and gloves (sold by villagers in the mountains; subject to availability)
- Sunblock (if needed), torch light and raincoat (just in case)
- 2 pax = 1 standard room
- 3 pax = 1 standard room + 1 extra bed
- 4 pax = 2 standard rooms
- 5 pax = 2 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 6 pax = 3 standard rooms
- 7 pax = 3 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 8 pax = 4 standard rooms
- 9 pax = 4 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- All fees included in the package. There is no additional tax or hidden fees.
- Private tour
- All meals provided during the trip
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with English/Bahasa Indonesia – speaking guide, French and Dutch speaking driver will be subject to availability upon booking
- Service charge, room tax, VAT, driver and guide expenses, and baggage handling.
- Mandatory items including tents to set up camp that is needed for the hike would be provided.
Not Inclusive Of
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Domestic flight & domestic airport tax – This refers to flight from home country to Lombok.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Free Visa for a short visit up to 30 days (non-extendable) given to around many countries enter to and exit from multiple airports and certain seaports. Otherwise Visa on Arrival will be applied currently $35 USD net per entry per person (subject to change without prior notice).
Please note that visa regulations in Indonesia are subject to change of which we cannot be held responsible.
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
- Minimum recommended age of travel is 13 years old.
- Good fitness required to trek.
A 90% refund will be issued for cancellations made within 36 hours of booking. The 10% online transaction charge is not refundable.