Mount Semeru and Mount Bromo Tour (4D/3N)
This tour package is our most recommended. It is less tiring as you have sufficient rest time. It is also for safety and enjoyment of the customer.
SGD 599 /PERSON
3-5 pax, $549 each person
6-8 pax, $499 each person
9-10+ pax, $449 each person
For Trips From 20th Dec - 31st Dec , Drop Us An Email For Price And Availability. Filling Up Fast.
Corporate tours? Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
This tour is suitable for families, friends, co-workers and lovers. We recommend at least 4 people to maximize enjoyment at Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen. Hotel pick-up and drop-off in central Surabaya provided. Airport pick-up and drop-off can be arranged.
Mount Bromo (Indonesian: Gunung Bromo), is an active volcano and part of the Tengger massif, in East Java, Indonesia. At 2,329 metres (7,641 ft) it is not the highest peak of the massif, but is the most well known. The massif area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in East Java, Indonesia. The volcano belongs to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. The name of Bromo derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god. (Wikipedia)
The Ijen volcano complex is a group of composite volcanoes in the Banyuwangi Regency of East Java, Indonesia.
It is inside a larger caldera Ijen, which is about 20 kilometres wide. The Gunung Merapi stratovolcano is the highest point of that complex. The name “Gunung Merapi” means “mountain of fire” in the Indonesian language (api being “fire”); Mount Merapi in central Java and Marapi in Sumatra have the same etymology. (Wikipedia)
Day 1: Surabaya/Malang – Ranupanee
- Pick-up from Airport/Hotel/Train Station in Surabaya. We will receive you with a placard and liase with you 1-2 days through Whatsapps before the trip.
- Travel to Malang Tumpang, duration is around 3 hours
- Proceed to Ranupane Village, duration is around 1.5 hour. We will check into a homestay to rest for this night.
- Enjoy dinner in the village.
- Rest and prepare for Mount Semeru Summit
Day 2: Ranupane – Ranu Kumbolo – Kalimati
- Have an early morning breakfast from ranupane at about 8-9am.
- Start trekking to Ranu Kumbolo lake about 10 km, the estimated time is 4 hours. Ranu Kumbolo situated on a valley with the lake covering 12 ha. It is a rest area which has views and upland ecosystems, located at altitude of 2400 above sea level.
- Take a break for lunch and rest
- Continue the trip to Kalimati, the estimated time is 3 hours
- Enjoy dinner before at 6pm
- Stay overnight in tents and rest
Day 3: Kalimati – Mount Semeru Trekking – Cemeorolawang
- Rise and shine at midnight and take a coffee break before trekking up Semeru.
- Start climbing to the summit of Mount Semeru (3,676 M) via Arcopodo (2900 mtr asl) and Cemoro Tunggal (3200 mtr asl) ar 1am
- Reach the crater’s rim in 4 hours’ walking. We aim to reach the sunrise point by 530-6am to catch the sunrise.
- In the crater’s rim we could take some photography and some rest
- Descend down to Kalimati base camp (2700 mtr asl) for getting rest and breakfast, it takes 1.5-2 hours to walk down from the peak to Kalimati base camp.
- After breakfast, trek back to Ranukumbolo lake around 2-3 hours
- Take a break and have lunch.
- Continue trekking again to ranupanee village. This journey takes another 2-3 hours.
- Upon reaching the village, we switch to a car transport to bring us to cemorolawang which is close to Mount Bromo area
- Check into Bromo Permai or Lavaview Hotel depend of availability
Day 4: Bromo Sunrise Tour – Surabaya Airport/Hotel
- Wake up at around 3am and start driving by jeep to Mount Pananjakan (2,770 M asl) for a spectacular view of sunrise over Mt. Bromo, Mt. Batok and Mt Semeru
- Cross down to Mount Bromo to see the crater and beautiful panorama sand of sea from Bromo crater, take some pictures and enjoy on the top
- Back to hotel and enjoy breakfast in the hotel
- Drive back to Surabaya, the duration is around 3.5 houts
- Drop off at Surabaya Juanda International Airport for your flight or any hotel in Surabaya
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
This tour starts from 1st May, book now and travel later.
Flight Schedule that would suit this trip: (Basically, arrive in the morning and depart Surabaya no earlier than 6pm SBY time.)
Not sure the air prices? Try searching for your flights below and Skyscanner can also alert you on price changes.
Search for flight tickets here:
- Standard shared room in the accommodations mentioned above
- Breakfast provided by accommodations
- All Permits and donations
- Airport/Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private land transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with basic English speaking driver. If hotel option selected, we will arrange a better English and more experienced driver. For grps of 3 pax and above, we will arrange 1 tour guide to follow you throughout the trip
- 4 wheel-drive Jeep
- Private tour
- Camping gear (sharing dome tent & kitchen equipment) for Mt. Semeru trekking
- Cook and porter during trekking semeru
- 10% VAT (Value Added Tax)
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Domestic flight & domestic airport tax (Option to add this onto your tour and reduce the hassle of getting on your own)
- Breakfast included and provided by the accomodation. Lunch and dinner are excluded. However, we will recommend and bring you to places to eat according to your preference.
- Donkey/Horse ride (rent) to carry customer up to Mount Bromo. Estimated at SGD$15 for round trip.
- Tips for Guides and Drivers (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Upon confirmation, we will send you an email with the contact to tie up with for your trip.
- Warm jacket, head cover, good mask (eg. N95), good-grip shoes. Temperatures range from 8 – 22 degrees Celcius in the mountains.
- Socks and gloves (can be purchased at the mountains; subject to availability)
- Sunblock (if needed), torch light and raincoat. (just in case)
- 2 pax = 1 standard room
- 3 pax = 1 standard room + 1 extra bed
- 4 pax = 2 standard rooms
- 5 pax = 2 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 6 pax = 3 standard rooms
- 7 pax = 3 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 8 pax = 4 standard rooms
- 9 pax = 4 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
- Minimum recommended age of travel is 10 years old.
- Medium fitness required to climb up the steps of Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
A 90% refund will be issued for cancellations made within 36 hours of booking. The 10% online transaction charge is not refundable.
Want to know what else to do?
Refer to https://tourmountbromo.com/blog/surabaya/ to find out what our experts have to say about Surabaya!