Surabaya City Tour (Day Tour)
Suitable for people who want to take a look at what the city has to offer. This is a full day tour covering places such as Trowulan (UNESCO Heritage Site), Majapahit Hotel, Grahadi Mansion, and Sub Marine Museum.
SGD 79 /PAX
6-9 pax, $69 each
10+ pax, $59 each
Corporate tours? Drop us a note at email@example.com
This tour is suitable for travellers who have 1 day in Surabaya and want to explore the city. This is a full day tour covering places such as Trowulan (UNESCO Heritage Site), Majapahit Hotel, Grahadi Mansion, and Submarine Museum.
Trowulan is an archaeological site in Trowulan Subdistrict, Mojokerto Regency, in the Indonesian province of East Java. It includes approximately 100 square kilometres and has been theorized to be the site of the eponymous capital city of the Majapahit Empire, which is described by Mpu Prapanca in the 14th-century poem Nagarakretagama and in a 15th-century Chinese source. When it was the capital of the Majapahit Empire, the city was known as Wilwatikta, which is a name also synonymous with the empire’s name. It was razed during to the invasion of Girindrawardhana to defeat Kertabhumi in 1478. After this event Majapahit’s capital was moved to Daha (Kediri). The Trowulan Museum includes a collection of artifacts.
Originally built in 1910 by the famous Sarkies brothers, the Hotel Majapahit is a classic landmark institution filled with national pride, where history blends with romance and elegance. Its graceful colonial architecture with immaculate landscaped gardens, combined with modern facilities and its famous Spa makes the Majapahit the preferred choice for the most discerning travellers.
Located in the heart of Surabaya, Indonesia’s second largest city and re-known trading port since the 15th century, the Majapahit has gone through different names over its long history.
Day 1: Surabaya – Mojokerto – Surabaya
- Pick up from Juana International Airport/ hotel in Surabaya. We usually pick up around 9am at hotel lobby or 10am at Juanda International Airport.
- We travel to Mojokerto to visit the famous UNESCO Site. This is an archaeological site that was present during the Majapahit Empire and you will be able to find some ancient artefacts and buildings here.
- In the afternoon, we will head back to Surabaya. We will stop by for lunch along the way (Lunch fee is not included in this package)
- In the late afternoon, get picked up by your guide and then head to Hotel Majapahit, a historic luxury hotel that was founded in 1910 as Hotel Oranje. Enjoy your coffee or tea while your guide will tell you about the battle of Surabaya to defend Indonesia independent’s, it was one of the most heroic and violent episodes of the Indonesian Independence.
- Next we will stroll along the Tunjungan to Pemuda streets passing Grahadi Mansion, the official house of the governor of the east of Java. Continue to Balai Pemuda where your car will be waiting for you, and then drive through the City hall and statue of Sura and Baya.
- In the late afternoon, we will visit the Submarine Museum, an actual decommissioned submarine situated in the heart of Surabaya on the edge of the Kalimas river. Through this short visit, your eyes will be opened to how interesting life in the navy is.
- Our day tour ends with the submarine tour. We will bring you back to your hotel or your dinner venue. Don’t forget to check out the best places to eat here – https://tourmountbromo.com/stories/surabaya-top-10-restaurants-pamper-tastebuds/
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
Have questions? Just read our FAQs here – https://intercom.help/tourmountbromo/
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Upon confirmation, we will send you an email with the contact to tie up with for your trip.
What to Bring
- The climatic condition is about 27 – 32 degrees Celcius
- Remember to bring a camera to capture your precious memories
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
The prices are not valid for the following dates – 21st December – 3rd January 2018. Please email us for exact price due to peak season.
A 90% refund will be issued for cancellations made within 36 hours of booking. The 10% online transaction charge is not refundable.
- This can be a free and easy trip with your group. No pressure to see all. Price remains the same.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from/to Surabaya
- Private tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with English/Bahasa Indonesia – speaking guide, French and Dutch speaking driver will be subject to availability upon booking
- Vehicle and driver
- Service charge, room tax, VAT, driver and guide expenses, and baggage handling.
Not Inclusive Of
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- All entrance fees at attractions.
- Domestic flight & domestic airport tax
- All meals i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast included if hotel option selected. However, we will recommend and bring you to places to eat according to your preference.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Free Visa for a short visit up to 30 days (non-extendable) given to around many countries enter to and exit from multiple airports and certain seaports. Otherwise Visa on Arrival will be applied currently $35 USD net per entry per person (subject to change without prior notice).
Please note that visa regulations in Indonesia are subject to change of which we cannot be held responsible.