Taman Safari & Mount Bromo & Mount Ijen Tour (4D/3N)
Suitable for those who have more time and would like to enjoy the nature of East Java.
SGD 499 /PAX
4 pax, $479 each
6 pax, $459 each
10+ pax, $439 each
Corporate tours? Drop us a note at email@example.com
This tour is suitable for families, friends, co-workers and lovers. We recommend at least 4 people to maximize enjoyment at Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen together. Hotel pick-up and drop-off in central Surabaya provided. Airport pick-up and drop-off can be arranged.
Mount Bromo (Indonesian: Gunung Bromo), is an active volcano and part of the Tengger massif, in East Java, Indonesia. At 2,329 metres (7,641 ft) it is not the highest peak of the massif, but is the most well known. The massif area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in East Java, Indonesia. The volcano belongs to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. The name of Bromo derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god. (Wikipedia)
The Ijen volcano complex is a group of composite volcanoes in the Banyuwangi Regency of East Java, Indonesia.
It is inside a larger caldera Ijen, which is about 20 kilometres wide. The Gunung Merapi stratovolcano is the highest point of that complex. The name “Gunung Merapi” means “mountain of fire” in the Indonesian language (api being “fire”); Mount Merapi in central Java and Marapi in Sumatra have the same etymology. (Wikipedia)
Day 1: Surabaya – Taman Safari
- Pick-up from Juana International Airport/ hotel in Surabaya.
- Travel to Taman Safari Prigen.
- Explore Taman Safari, with free-ranging animals, in the afternoon.
- Check-in to Baobab Safari Hotel & Resort and rest & relax amidst nature for the day.
Day 2: Taman Safari – Bromo Area
- Visit the free-ranging animals of Taman Safari Prigen by rented car.
- Drop off at Amusement Park. You can enjoy yourself with some paintball or visit the Safari Water World. You can view more information here: https://safariprigen.com/entertainment-id
- Travel back to Baobab Safari Hotel and Resort and rest for the night before heading to Bromo in the early morning.
Day 3: Bromo Area – Kawah Ijen
- See the spectacular sunrise from vantage point, Penanjakan, by 4WD jeep at 3:30am
- Continue to Hill of Love and stop over for a photo opportunity. Proceed through the Sea of Sand and to Bromo Crater.
- At the crater, you can go on foot or ride (rent) a horse/pony. The trip is around 20 minutes. You will have to climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 mins to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- Transfer to jeep and return to Bromo hotel. Have breakfast at 10:30am and checkout by 11am.
- Travel to Ijen area and reach there around 4pm. Tuck into scrumptious lunch at local restaurant en route.
- Check in to El Royale Hotel and Resort or similar hotel and unwind for the day.
Day 4: Kawah Ijen (Blue Fire Encounter) – Surabaya
- Checkout around 1:30am and travel to Paltuding area, with breakfast-on-the-go.
- Reach Paltering permit post at approximately 2am, before hiking to Ijen peak.
- At the peak , we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. The Blue flames is dependent on the moon light and rain. Thus, if weather permits, we will be able to see the Blue Flames. As with other natural phenomena, sightings cannot be guaranteed, but we will bring you to the best view point.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the magnificent morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to the Ijen peak before returning to Paltuding.
- Return to the hotel to freshen up around 9 am and recharge with breakfast.
- Travel back to Surabaya city. The car ride takes about 6-7 hours. Alternatively, you can hop onto a 45- to 60-minute flight back to Surabaya city.
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
Have questions? Just read our FAQ here – https://intercom.help/tourmountbromo/
Why we do not do Homestay – https://intercom.help/tourmountbromo/tour-related-enquiries/why-we-do-not-do-homestay
- Garuda Indonesia Airlines
- Should the customer choose this option, our tour will end at Banyuwangyi Airport instead of returning to Surabaya by car.
- Includes Airport Transfer from hotel/resort stay in Ijen to Banyuwangyi Airport
- Flight time is 1 hour and the plane departs Banyuwangyi at 1315 hours (WIB, Jakarta time)
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Upon confirmation, we will send you an email with the contact to tie up with for your trip.
What to Bring
- Warm jacket, head cover, good mask (eg. N95), good-grip shoes. Temperatures ranges from 8 – 22 degrees Celcius in the mountains.
- Socks and gloves (can be purchased at the mountains; subject to availability)
- Sunblock (if needed), torch light and raincoat (just in case)
- 2 pax = 1 standard room
- 3 pax = 1 standard room + 1 extra bed
- 4 pax = 2 standard rooms
- 5 pax = 2 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 6 pax = 3 standard rooms
- 7 pax = 3 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 8 pax = 4 standard rooms
- 9 pax = 4 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- All fees included in the package. There is no additional tax or hidden fees.
- Standard shared room in hotels mentioned above.
- 3 Breakfast provided by hotel
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from/to Surabaya
- Private tour
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with English/Bahasa Indonesia – speaking guide, French and Dutch speaking driver will be subject to availability upon booking
- Service charge, room tax, VAT, driver and guide expenses, and baggage handling.
Not Inclusive Of
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Domestic flight & domestic airport tax
- All meals i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast included if hotel option selected. However, we will recommend and bring you to places to eat according to your preference.
- Donkey/Horse ride (rent) to carry the customer up to Mount Bromo. Estimated at SGD$50 for round trip.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Free Visa for a short visit up to 30 days (non-extendable) given to around many countries enter to and exit from multiple airports and certain seaports. Otherwise Visa on Arrival will be applied currently $35 USD net per entry per person (subject to change without prior notice).
Please note that visa regulations in Indonesia are subject to change of which we cannot be held responsible.
- Entrance Fee to Bromo Crater & Ijen Crater:
- Bromo = Rp 250,000/person (weekday) & Rp 370,000/person (weekend)
- Ijen = Rp 150,000/person (weekday) & Rp 200,000 /person (weekend)
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
- Minimum recommended age of travel is 10 years old
- Light fitness required to climb up the steps of Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen
A 90% refund will be issued for cancellations made within 36 hours of booking. The 10% online transaction charge is not refundable.