Yogyakarta & Surabaya Tour (5D4N)
This tour package enables you to cover the main attractions of Yogyakarta and Surabaya in a short time.
SGD 799 /PERSON
4 pax, $779 each
6 pax, $769 each
10+ pax, $749 each
Corporate tours? Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
This tour is suitable for families, friends, co-workers and lovers who wants to visit both Yogyakarta and Surabaya. Hotel pick-up and drop-off in central Yogyakarta provided. Airport pick-up and drop-off can be arranged. Pick up will be from Yogyakarta and drop off will be in Surabaya (or Banyuwangyi airport if domestic plane option is selected)
Mount Bromo (Indonesian: Gunung Bromo), is an active volcano and part of the Tengger massif, in East Java, Indonesia. At 2,329 metres (7,641 ft) it is not the highest peak of the massif, but is the most well known. The massif area is one of the most visited tourist attractions in East Java, Indonesia. The volcano belongs to the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. The name of Bromo derived from Javanese pronunciation of Brahma, the Hindu creator god. (Wikipedia)
Borobudur is a 9th-century MahayanaBuddhist temple in Magelang, Central Java, Indonesia, and the world’s largest Buddhist temple. The temple consists of nine stacked platforms, six square and three circular, topped by a central dome. It is decorated with 2,672 relief panels and 504 Buddha statues. The central dome is surrounded by 72 Buddha statues, each seated inside a perforated stupa
Day 1: Yogyakarta
- Pick-up from Yogyakarta Airport or pick up from hotel in Yogyakarta at about 9am or at arrival timing of flight.
- Proceed to Prambanan Temple to view the Hindu Temple from the 9th Century.
- Visit Ratu Boko Palace which is an archaeological site in Java.
- Check-in to Greenhost Boutique Hotel. (*It will always be Greenhost Hotel. In the event of unavailability, we will Ayaartta Hotel Malioboro) You will stay here for 2 nights.
- Have dinner in the city at about 6-7pm.
- Return to hotel accommodation to rest.
Day 2: Yogyakarta
- Rise and shine
- Have breakfast at hotel and leave hotel by 830am. (You can request to our staff upon arrival
- Continue to Magelang district to visit the magnificent Borobudur temple, built with 55,000 cubic metres of stones in the 8th century. Follow the life of the founder of Buddhism (Siddharta Gautama) carved on the walls. Two other small temples, Pawon and Mendut, both related to Borobudur, will be visited thereafter.
- Have lunch in the vicinity
- Head to Pinus Pennger. Take nice photos and share with your friends on social media.
- Back to city. Proceed to Malioboro Street to do some shopping. Here is also a 24-hour street that has local street food, street performers and horse-drawn carts. You can also do spa and massage to relax or explore the city.
- Have dinner in the city.
- Ride an Odong-odong at Alun-Alun Kidul (Southern City Square), it’s quite unique experience you can get in Indonesia.
- Back to hotel and rest.
Day 3: Yogyakarta – Surabaya
- Rise and shine
- Have breakfast at hotel and check out of hotel.
- Leave hotel and proceed to Mount Merapi from Kaliadem Village, located approximately 5 km from the top of Merapi, in a jeep through solidified lava.
- Lunch at local restaurant.
- Prepare to catch Lion Air Flight at 15:00 departing Yogyakarta and arriving at 16:10 Surabaya.
- Pick up at Juanda Airport and head to Mount Bromo. The journey will be about 3-4 hours by car. Dinner En route.
- Check into Bromo Terrace Hotel. Rest and get ready for morning hike of Bromo.
Day 4: Bromo – Ijen
- See the spectacular sunrise from vantage point, Penanjakan by 4WD jeep at 2:30am
- Continue to Hill of Love for a photo stop. Drive through the Sea of Sand and head towards Bromo Crater. Jeep is a public jeep and includes local Bromo tour guide fee.
- At the crater, you can go on foot or ride (rent) a horse/pony. The trip is around 20 minutes. Climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 mins to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- Transfer to jeep and return to Bromo hotel. Enjoy breakfast at 10:30 am and checkout by 11 am.
- Travel to Ijen area, reaching around 4 pm if you choose Ijen View Hotel.(Arrive at around 7pm for El Royale Resort) Tuck into lunch at local restaurant en route to Ijen.
- Check in to Grand Padis Hotel (*It will always be Grand Padis Hotel unless there is no availability, we will use Ijen View Resort.)
Day 5: Ijen – Surabaya
- Checkout around 12:00 am and travel to Paltuding area with breakfast on-the-go.Local Ijen tour guide is included in this package.
- Reach Paltuding permit post at approximately 2 am, before hiking to Ijen peak.
- At the peak, we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. As the Blue Flames are dependent on the moon light and rain, sightings are dependent on suitable weather. As with other natural phenomena, sightings cannot be guaranteed but we will bring you to the choice view point.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to the Ijen peak before returning to Paltuding.
- Road trip 4-6 hours back to Surabaya city.
Vlog: Ijen El Royale Hotel
Vlog: Bromo Terrace Hotel
Vlog: Travel Experience Bromo & Ijen
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
Flight Schedule that would suit this trip: Preferably, You can arrive in Yogyakarta the day before day 1 (you can select the optional add on and we will arrange the hotel and pick up). If you arrive on the day itself , preferably you arrive before 12 noon in Yogyakarta airport. For departure to Surabaya, we will recommend Day 6 to depart as you will arrive in Surabaya quite late on day 5. You can depart on Day 5 for any plane departure from Surabaya airport from 515pm on wards if you are taking the domestic flight back. This is just some buffer in case of plane delays.
Add Ons: Banyuangyi – Surabaya (Domestic Flight Option)
- If you are unsure which domestic airplane to get to Surabaya from Banyuwangyi, we can help to purchase on your behalf. Be sure to include your EXACT name on passport at check out.
- Should the customer choose this option, it will be a Wings Air flight departing at 1315pm and arriving at 1415pm at Surabaya Juanda Airport.
- This is suitable for passengers wanting to catch any onward flights departing at 1715pm onwards. It is safe to leave a 3 hour buffer in case of plane delays.
- This does not include airport transfer from Airport to Surabaya hotel.
Add Ons: Entrance Fee For Bromo and Ijen
- Safe the hassle of paying on the spot. We can include the entrance fee so that you won’t have to get down and make payment when you are at the attractions.
- The estimated price is about SGD$70/pax
- We will bear the exchange rate fee. Estimated breakdown:
- Bromo – $35-$40/pax
- Ijen – $25-$35/pax
Add Ons: Extra one night stay in Yogyakarta
This includes an extra night accommodation in the above mentioned hotel in Yogyakarta/Semarang. Breakfast included and Airport transfer from hotel to airport.
You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Upon confirmation, we will send you an email with the contact to tie up with for your trip.
What to Bring
- Warm jacket, head cover, good mask (eg. N95), good-grip shoes. Temperatures range from 8 – 22 degrees Celcius in the mountains.
- Socks and gloves (can be purchased at the mountains; subject to availability)
- Sunblock (if needed), torch light and raincoat. (just in case)
- 2 pax = 1 standard room
- 3 pax = 1 standard room + 1 extra bed
- 4 pax = 2 standard rooms
- 5 pax = 2 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 6 pax = 3 standard rooms
- 7 pax = 3 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
- 8 pax = 4 standard rooms
- 9 pax = 4 standard rooms + 1 extra bed
Want to know what else to do?
Refer to https://tourmountbromo.com/blog/surabaya/ to find out what our experts have to say about Surabaya!
- Standard shared room in the hotels mentioned above.
- 5 Breakfast provided by Hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from/to Yogyakarta
- Private tour
- Inclusive of domestic air ticket from Yogyakarta to Surabaya
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with English/Bahasa Indonesia – speaking guide, French and Dutch speaking driver will be subject to availability upon booking
- Service charge, room tax, VAT, driver and guide expenses, and baggage handling.
Not Inclusive Of
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc.
- Lunch and dinner.However, we will recommend and bring you to places to eat according to your preference.
- Donkey/Horse ride (rent) to carry customer up to Mount Bromo. Estimated at SGD$20 for round trip.
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Travel Insurance
- All entrance fees to attractions in Yogyakarta
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied.
- Free Visa for a short visit up to 30 days (non-extendable) given to around many countries enter to and exit from multiple airports and certain seaports. Otherwise Visa on Arrival will be applied currently $35 USD net per entry per person (subject to change without prior notice).
Please note that visa regulations in Indonesia are subject to change of which we cannot be held responsible.
- Entrance Fee to Bromo Crater & Ijen Crater:
- Bromo = Rp 250,000/person (weekday) & Rp 370,000/person (weekend)
- Ijen = Rp 150,000/person (weekday) & Rp 200,000 /person (weekend)
- All entrance fees in Yogyakarta
- Pregnant women will need to show evidence of doctor’s consent
- Children and infants are not allowed to enter some of the facilities on site
- According to the regulations, people with who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed to participate
- Minimum recommended age of travel is 10 years old.
- Light fitness required to climb up the steps of Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen.
- Banner picture obtained from – https://thetravelintern.com/
A 90% refund will be issued for cancellations made within 36 hours of booking. The 10% online transaction charge is not refundable.