East Java Full Exploration Tour (6D/5N)
This is our most popular tour package for exploring both Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen.Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen are the two most popular natural attractions in East Java Indonesia. You will get to experience a magnificent sunrise at Mount Bromo as well as capture the famous blue flames at Mount Ijen.
This is the full exploration tour package for Surabaya, Malang and Banyuwangi. It covers all the main attractions of East Java Indonesia. You will get to experience magnificent views of two volcanoes: Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen. And you will also have the chance to see two waterfalls: Tempuk Sewu Waterfall and Madakaripura Waterfall. Meanwhile, we have arranged the activities for kids, like Taman Safari and Amusement Park.
The package is available everyday including public holidays.
If you are travelling as family with kids who are over 6 years old, or you want to visit all the natural attractions in East Java Indonesia, this is the perfect package for you.
If you are organising for bigger groups over 10 pax, chat with us and we are able to assist you.
- Pick up from Surabaya Juanda International Airport or Surabaya Train Station on your arrival time. (preferably arrived in Juanda Airport by 10:00 noon). If you are already at Surabaya, we will pick up at your hotel in Surabaya at 9am.
- Travel to Taman Safari Prigen, this journey will take about 1 – 2 hours driving.
- Explore Taman Safari Prigen and Safari Water World. (Closes at 4:30pm)
- Travel to Malang area. around 1 hour driving.
- Check into Hotel Atria Malang. (if this hotel is not available, we will use another same standard 4-star hotel instead). You will stay here for 2 nights.
- You can also visit Batu Night Spectacular or night market in Malang on this night.
- Enjoy breakfast at hotel.
- Visit Kampung Warna Warni, the different murals of varying colours to brighten up the neighbourhood.
- Travel to Tumpak Sewu Waterfall. This journey is around 2 – 3 hours.
- Explore Tumpak Sewu waterfall.
- Back to hotel to freshen up.
- Travel to Museum Angkut, about 30 minutes driving.
- Proceed Museum Angkut which is the largest transport museum in Southeast Asia. The museum has more than 300 collections of types of traditional to modern transportation.
- Outside the museum is Pasar Apung, which is like a floating market where an assortment of delicacies are sold.
- Travel back to hotel and rest for the night.
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel.
- Visit Jalan Gunung Banyak Batu to enjoy the breathtaking view of Malang City. Paragliding activities are available here (price is about $50/pax for the paragliding and is excluded from this package).
- Have lunch, checkout and depart for Mount Bromo Area.
- Travel to Mount Bromo area. Driving distance around 3 – 4 hours.
- Check into Bromo Terrace Hotel. (if this hotel is not available, we will use another same standard 4-star hotel instead). You will stay here for 1 night.
- Pick up from hotel at around 2:30-3am.
- Arrive at Cemara Lawang and transfer to 4WD jeep (For 1-2 pax, it will be a shared Jeep. For 3 pax above, it will be the private Jeep. Each Jeep can take maximum 6 travellers. A local Bromo guide/driver is included).
- Reach Bromo National Park at around 4am.
- Hike for 10 – 15 minutes to reach the viewpoint.
- Watch the spectacular sunrise from vantage point – Penanjakan (there are 4 viewpoints nearby, our guide will choose the less crowded one for you, the view is similar).
- Back to 4WD jeep and drive for 30 – 40 minutes to the Sea of Sand.
- Cross Sea of Sand to reach the rim of Bromo Crater. You can walk through (30 – 40 minutes) or ride on a horse (optional, horse riding fee is not included, you can decide and pay cash on the spot).
- Climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 minutes to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- After which, at around 8am, you will return to Cemara Lawang and transfer back to private car.
- Return to hotel to have breakfast, freshen up and checkout by 12 noon.
- Travel to Madakaripura Waterfall, around 1 hour driving.
- Head to Madakaripura Waterfall to enjoy the magnificent natural sight
- Travel to Banyuwangi (Ijen area), around 6-7 hours driving.
- Check into El Royale Hotel Banyuwangi, you will stay here for 2 nights (If this hotel is not available, we will use another same standard 4-star hotel instead). You can upgrade to Dialoog Banyuwangi at SGD 150/pax.
- This day is kept free and easy for you to recharge before climbing Mount Ijen. Below are some recommended activities:
- 1) Drive around within the city centre.
- 2) Local cooking workshop
- 3) Snorkelling and diving at Bangsring
- 4) Visit Baluran National Park
- 5) De Djawatan Forest (Jawatan Benculuk)
- 6) Sunset at Red Island Beach
- 7): City heritage bicycle tour
- 8): Spa Massage
- Have dinner and rest for the night. Prepare to leave at midnight.
- Pick up from hotel at 12 midnight and travel to Paltuding area. This journey takes about 2 hours. (*We will pick you up at 2am if the blue fire is closed due to toxic gases*)
- Mount Ijen Hiking. Usually it takes about 4 – 5 hours to hike up and down Mount Ijen.
- At the peak, we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. As the Blue Flames are dependent on the moon light and rain, sightings are dependent on suitable weather. As with other natural phenomena, sightings cannot be guaranteed but we will bring you to the choice view point.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to Mount Ijen before returning to Paltuding.
- Return to Paltuding at around 7 – 8 am.
- Road trip 6 – 7 hours back to Surabaya city.
- We will drop you off at your requested hotel in Surabaya, or Surabaya Juanda Airport or Surabaya Train Station. You will reach Surabaya by 4:30pm.
- *If you choose to drop off at Bali (Additional SGD100/pax), this is the route: After Ijen hiking, we will drive you to Ketapang Port to take 1-hour ferry to Gilimanuk Port in Bali. Then continue driving to your hotel in Bali with same car and driver, this is a 4-5 hours journey. Usually you will reach Bali hotel at around 6-7pm. The add-on includes ferry ticket and the car with driver.
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
Your passport with min. 6 months validity; Vaccination proofs (fully vaccinated with at least 2 does); return tickets; travel insurance and other travel essentials.
For travel between cities and towns, the following vehicles with ample space for luggages are used:
1-4 Pax Group – Toyota Avanza 5 Seater
5 Pax Group – Toyota Innova 7 Seater
7-10 Pax Group – Toyota Hiace 11 Seater
For travel to Gunung Penanjakan, Sand Sea and Whispering Savannah, you will switch to a 4WD Jeep
This is the most popular itinerary among the customers. However, if you want to add, change or skip some attractions, we can customise itinerary for you. All the attractions and activities are optional, you can always skip if you don’t want to go. You can leave a note when you check out or tell our guide in the tour.
The entrance fees have various pricing i.e. foreigner, local rate, peak prices etc. It would be better that the customer pay on the spot depending on his/her nationality. Also, it will solve the refund issue if you choose not to go to the attraction when you are on the tour.
Return airport transfer service is included. We would pick you up at Surabaya airport on your arrival time on day 1. If you are already in Surabaya, we would pick you up at your hotel at around 9am instead.
The nearest international airport to Mount Bromo is Surabaya Juanda International Airport.
You can also start the tour from Bali or Yogyakarta.
Generally, our tours are all inclusive except for Entrance fee/s and meals (lunch & dinner) during the tour.
For lunch and dinner expenses, you can budget it at around 50,000 rupiah/meal or about 5SGD/meal or 4USD/meal. It greatly depends on what you order and where you dine.
As for the entrance fees, we usually state in the tour details or you can pay through us first as a selected option.
Yes. Kindly chat with us for the best date to see the Milky Way. You will be picked up around 10pm instead of 2:30am. You will head to a nearby peak such as Mount Pananjakan, Mentigen Hill, Kingkong Hill or Seruni Point where you can view the Milky Way. Avid photographers should bring suitable camera equipment such as tripod for Milky Way Photography. You would then continue with the standard itinerary for sunrise views over Mt Bromo. The extra cost is SGD50/pax.
It cost around 100K IDR for one way trip to cross the sand sea on a horse. For a return trip, it will cost around 200K IDR. Note that the horse ride ends close to the start of the stairs to Mt Bromo crater. You will still have to climb the flight of steps up to the crater. Horse ride is entirely optional and you can also walk across the sand sea which most visitors do. Do negotiate with the horsemen to try to get a better deal.
No. Mount Bromo area is very dark and cold in the night. For the safety concern, we don’t allow the customers to hike solely on foot rather than taking the Jeep.
Sunglasses and sunblock lotion are highly recommended – the sun rays can be harsh and at high altitude, it is easy to get sunburnt even though the surrounding temperature is cold. The terrain is very sandy– wearing a face mask is also recommended for protection. (Akin to walking in a desert). If you are visiting the waterfalls, please bring along wet gears (swim suits with t-shirt and shorts, booties/sandals, spectacle hooks, waterproof cover for camera which can be secured to your body, change of clothes, towel).
The prices are indicated above depending on the number of people.
The price for child is $189 (for age under 10 yrs old and stay in the same room with the adults).
If you are organising for bigger groups over 10 pax, chat with us and we are able to assist you.
You can book directly online and pay using PayPal, Credit Card or Bank Transfer (including PayNow, PayLah etc).
Have any questions?
Chat with us or call us at +65 8809 9312
A trusted travel agency with over 10 years of experience, Tour In Indonesia seeks to create an extraordinary experience for our guests, with each journey unique on its own.