Tumpak Sewu Waterfall Tour – From Surabaya
This is our signature Mount Bromo sunrise tour. It is the most common midnight tour in Surabaya to see sunrise at Mount Bromo and back to Surabaya. You will get to a magnificent experience at Mount Bromo and Madakaripura Waterfall.
The package includes land transportation, Jeep at Bromo area and tour guide/driver.
Airport/hotel/train station pick-up and drop-off in Surabaya is included.
The package is available everyday including public holidays, Christmas and Chinese New Year.
If you are organising for bigger groups over 14 pax, chat with us and we are able to assist you.
The prices are indicated above depending on the number of people.
You can book directly online and pay using PayPal, Credit Card or Bank Transfer (including PayNow, PayLah etc).
Day 1: Surabaya - Bromo Area
- Pick-up from Juanda International Airport or Surabaya Hotel (Any hotel in the Surabaya City) or Surabaya Train Station at around 11:30pm.
e.g. if you book 1st January, we will pick you up at 11:30pm on 1st January. You will see Bromo Sunrise on 2nd January.
- Travel to Mount Bromo area. The journey will take about 3-4 hours.
- (You can add-on Milky Way with extra SGD50/pax. We will pick you up at around 7pm instead of 11:30pm. You will go to Bromo National Park to see the Milky way first, then continue to sunrise viewpoint.) Kindly note that the best time to see the milky way is during the new moon season*
Day 2: Mount Bromo Sunrise - Surabaya
- Arrive at Cemara Lawang and transfer to a 4WD jeep
- Take a 1-hour 4WD jeep to Bromo National Park
- Hike for 10 – 15 minutes to reach the viewpoint.
- Watch the spectacular sunrise from vantage point/s (there are 4 viewpoints nearby, our guide will choose the less crowded one for you, the view is similar).
- Back to 4WD jeep and drive for 30 – 40 minutes to the Sea of Sand.
- Cross Sea of Sand to reach the rim of Bromo Crater. You can walk through (30 – 40 minutes) or ride on a horse (optional, horse riding fee is not included, you can decide and pay cash on the spot).
- Climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 minutes to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- After which, at around 8am, you will return to Cemara Lawang and transfer back to private car.
- Head to Madakaripura Waterfall to enjoy the magnificent natural sight (Optional, entrance fee & motorbike fee are not included).
- 12-1pm: We will drop you off at your Hotel in Surabaya or Surabaya Airport or Surabaya Train Station at around 12-1pm if you are NOT going to the waterfall.
- 3-4 pm: We will drop you off at your Hotel in Surabaya or Surabaya Airport or Surabaya Train Station at around 3-4pm if you are going to the waterfall.
Our tour ends here.
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.
Your passport with min. 6 months validity; Vaccination proofs (fully vaccinated with at least 2 does); return tickets; travel insurance and other travel essentials.
For travel between cities and towns, the following vehicles with ample space for luggages are used:
1-4 Pax Group – Toyota Avanza 5 Seater
5 Pax Group – Toyota Innova 7 Seater
7-10 Pax Group – Toyota Hiace 11 Seater
For travel to Gunung Penanjakan, Sand Sea and Whispering Savannah, you will switch to a 4WD Jeep
This is the most popular itinerary among the customers. However, if you want to add, change or skip some attractions, we can customise itinerary for you. All the attractions and activities are optional, you can always skip if you don’t want to go. You can leave a note when you check out or tell our guide in the tour.
The entrance fees have various pricing i.e. foreigner, local rate, peak prices etc. It would be better that the customer pay on the spot depending on his/her nationality. Also, it will solve the refund issue if you choose not to go to the attraction when you are on the tour.
Return airport transfer service is included. We would pick you up at Surabaya airport on your arrival time on day 1. If you are already in Surabaya, we would pick you up at your hotel at around 9am instead.
The nearest international airport to Mount Bromo is Surabaya Juanda International Airport.
You can also start the tour from Bali or Yogyakarta.
Generally, our tours are all inclusive except for Entrance fess and lunch and dinner during the tour.
For lunch and dinner expense, you can budget it at around 50,000 rupiah/meal or about 5SGD/meal or 4USD/meal. It greatly depends on what you order and where you dine.
As for the entrance fees, we usually state in the tour details or you can pay through us first as a selected option.
Yes. You can request for the optional Milky Way tour which starts around midnight from your lodge at Cemoro Lawang. You will head to a nearby peak such as Mount Pananjakan, Mentigen Hill, Kingkong Hill or Seruni Point where you can view the Milky Way. Avid photographers should bring suitable camera equipment such as tripod for Milky Way Photography. You would then continue with the standard itinerary for sunrise views over Mt Bromo. The extra cost is 200K IDR for each jeep (4 customers to a jeep).
It cost around 75K IDR for one way trip to cross the sand sea on a horse. For a return trip, it will cost around 150K IDR. Note that the horse ride ends close to the start of the stairs to Mt Bromo crater. You will still have to climb the flight of steps up to the crater. Horse ride is entirely optional and you can also walk across the sand sea which most visitors do. Do negotiate with the horsemen to try to get a better deal.
No. Mount Bromo area is very dark and cold in the night. For the safety concern, we don’t allow the customers to hike solely on foot rather than taking the Jeep.
Sunglasses and sunblock lotion are highly recommended – the sun rays can be harsh and at high altitude, it is easy to get sunburnt even though the surrounding temperature is cold. The terrain is very sandy– wearing a face mask is also recommended for protection. (Akin to walking in a desert). If you are visiting the waterfalls, please bring along wet gears (swim suits with t-shirt and shorts, booties/sandals, spectacle hooks, waterproof cover for camera which can be secured to your body, change of clothes, towel).
Our vehicle will drop you at the parking lot of Madakaripura Waterfalls where you will hop to a motorbike (Ojek) for a short 5 minutes ride to the entrance. Then you need to do a short trek of around 15 minutes (1km) to reach the waterfalls.
Swimming is no longer allowed at the waterfalls since 2018. But you will still get wet from the water. Our guides will provide ponchos for everybody. For footwear, we recommend covered rubber shoes like Crocs. Sandals/slippers with good grips are also fine but please be careful not to hit any rocks.
For more FAQs, please refer to our FAQ page or message/call us for faster response.